810 only available as refurbished on TMobile's website?

wp_fan_central

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else notice that the 810 is only available as refurbished on TMobile's website today? Good price with their EIP plan - $240 outright or $10/mo - but odd that the new version seems to have disappeared?

I wonder, are they pulling the plug, or getting ready for something new for us?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
That's strange... Just the other day, I saw the new version as available up there. Maybe it's their way of making way for the Catwalk within the next month or so? Or perhaps they've temporarily run out of stock of new 810s?

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
That is weird. I was just looking at the site yesterday. It was 360 new and 240 refurbished. Hopefully jgbstetson is right lol

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I just inquired on the tweeter. Let's see if they answer. It could mean a few things, hopefully that they've simply sold their entire stock and are waiting on more. I feel pretty confident I'll get a bs response in any case.

wp_fan_central

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Agreed - $240 - ridiculously good price - cheaper than a nexus 4!
I hope it is just on hiatus because of crazy good sales, or to make room for "the next non-Samsung thing" ;)

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Agreed - $240 - ridiculously good price - cheaper than a nexus 4!
I hope it is just on hiatus because of crazy good sales, or to make room for "the next non-Samsung thing" ;)

I really think it's temporarily sold out. I mean, they just started to market the red and grey shells. They're not even available at my local tmo corporate store yet.

separry51

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
When I go to the website and try to search for the 8x, it goes to the list of all phones. If you try to narrow it down to just HTC phones only the One S is shown. Maybe someone else can find it.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
As usual TMO stunt to show some numbers for i5 and coming s4... they should face the reality that getting i5 after end of exclusive period, they can not sell more sets than WP810 or 8x.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hope they're only doing this to prepare for the release of the Catwalk. It would be a damn shame if they're just writing off WP8 altogether. Also, I know they're dated by now, but I'm even surprised they removed the Lumia 710 and HTC Radar a few months back. Those phones were available awhile.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
That's a shame that they pretty much EOL'd the 8X and 810. We've gotten used to HTC carrying a WP from the HD2 days...hell, the Radar and HD7 were around for eons before they got replaced.

Its sad what they did to the 810. First the accessories were hard to come by for a while, and now it may get bumped by the 521, a lesser phone. They just overpriced it on T-Mobile...i bet if they sold it for $99 on contract or even $49, it would have sold even better.

The saddest thing about this was seeing a feed on the Nokia FB page about red and white charging shells for the 810, especially since it's easier to find an honest politician right now than the cyan wireless shell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786