08-14-2015 02:26 PM
1,549 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Off topic, but have you guys tried internet sharing on your 810? I have the unlimited, no throttling plan, yet my internet sharing is working....maybe T-Mobile is trying to make it up to us...
    06-12-2013 11:03 PM
    Yea, T-mo turned on tethering on their new plans by default. But if you still have the $30 plan(s) you have to pay extra for it.

But, for some reason, some Android devices from T-mo will allow tethering on their old $30 plans without paying extra. Someone said that if you mess with creating a new access point profile on other Android devices they too can get tethering to work on the old $30 plans. I just can't find the settings to try in the 810.
    06-13-2013 09:09 AM
    Off topic, but have you guys tried internet sharing on your 810? I have the unlimited, no throttling plan, yet my internet sharing is working....maybe T-Mobile is trying to make it up to us...
    They unlocked something like 500mb of tethering for the unlimited/no throttling plans. In stark contrast, the limited plans can tether for the entire amount of their data plan - which is odd, because if you're paying for the most expensive plan, you should be able to AT LEAST tether up to the amount of the highest available limited plan. I understand why they would limit tethering for the unlimited plan, but why limit it to the level of those who pay for the lowest plan? Hmph.

As Guzzler mentioned, internet sharing is now included with their new postpaid plans. Out of luck if you have a grandfathered plan though. You'll need to use an older device to get around that restriction, one that doesn't validate whether or not you have access.
    06-13-2013 10:24 AM
    Nice. It was interesting that for a while I couldn't tether with my 810 it could with my G. Nexus easily. So I just switched over to the plan that allowed tethering so it doesn't bother me as much.

I hope we move to the Euro model where all their phones are unlocked but the carriers here won't do it until they have another way to make money of us...
    06-15-2013 10:58 AM
    I know this a off topic sorta I think ...anyways I wanted to share my observation. have anyone noticed that when you would go to the field test and then see the little 3 dots and then go to settings you would see network type and under there there would be 2g, 3G, and 4G, now If I go to see I only get to see 2g and 3G no 4G I guess they took it off anyways that was what I found i don't know if that was already found or not.
    06-17-2013 03:37 PM
    long time wpcentral follower, finally got around to creating an account. saw this thread and figured i'd join in to show my support. i have an 810 as well, and i'm hoping for some updates!
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    06-19-2013 03:17 PM
    Nice. It was interesting that for a while I couldn't tether with my 810 it could with my G. Nexus easily. So I just switched over to the plan that allowed tethering so it doesn't bother me as much.

I hope we move to the Euro model where all their phones are unlocked but the carriers here won't do it until they have another way to make money of us...
    I just got my Lumia 810 two weeks ago and asked T Mobile for an unlock code and they sent it, it's now unlocked-
    perhaps because I've been with them for 6 yrs made a difference.
    06-19-2013 03:25 PM
    long time wpcentral follower, finally got around to creating an account. saw this thread and figured i'd join in to show my support. i have an 810 as well, and i'm hoping for some updates!
    Welcome aboard! We all are hoping for updates, but some are more skeptical than others about us getting them... There is also another thread for the 810 where if your "Other" storage folder is too large, you can upload your screenshot as a part of the petition...
    06-19-2013 05:20 PM
    I just got my Lumia 810 two weeks ago and asked T Mobile for an unlock code and they sent it, it's now unlocked-
    perhaps because I've been with them for 6 yrs made a difference.
    I've been with them that long too. I may ask for one to increase my 810's potential resale value...as cruelly funny as that sounds...
    06-19-2013 05:22 PM
    No disrespect to anyone, but we 810 owners have been waiting for an update and not spamming twitter...anyone else get the update yet....?
    06-21-2013 07:55 AM
    I paid my EIP off, got an unlock code, and sold my 810 to a good home. I am glad to be rid of it.
    b23h likes this.
    06-21-2013 08:14 AM
    No disrespect to anyone, but we 810 owners have been waiting for an update and not spamming twitter...anyone else get the update yet....?
    THE update -one in particular or just AN update other than the one Jan 16 ?
    06-21-2013 05:00 PM
    ...any updates! We were told to chill and good things were coming...I'm starting to run out of storage and patience...
    06-21-2013 08:32 PM
    ...any updates! We were told to chill and good things were coming...I'm starting to run out of storage and patience...
    I bet IF the 810 gets any updates it will be during the GDR 2 release time period. If that cycle goes through and the 810 has no update, then I expect that it will not get any other updates....

Do we know when GDR 2 will be released? It should be fairly shortly no?

The lack of a Storage update/fix is certainly not what I would call excellent customer support....
    wiseguywood likes this.
    06-21-2013 11:29 PM
    There aren't enough 810 owners to make a difference. The number of 810 owners who own phones and know their is an issue with updates is even smaller. The same small group spamming does not make a difference.
    06-22-2013 11:53 PM
    There aren't enough 810 owners to make a difference. The number of 810 owners who own phones and know their is an issue with updates is even smaller. The same small group spamming does not make a difference.
    you're a charmer, have you ever heard of ethics or honor?
    xandros9 likes this.
    06-23-2013 12:22 AM
    you're a charmer, have you ever heard of ethics or honor?
    That was just a simple breakdown of the facts. There aren't enough of us to make a difference.

I'll leave the ad hominems to you.
    06-23-2013 05:05 PM
    That was just a simple breakdown of the facts. There aren't enough of us to make a difference.

I'll leave the ad hominems to you.
    I have been very consistent stating that cell phone companies, or any company for that matter should act ethically and with honor, treating their customers with respect. Companies that do such receive loyalty in return. Counting customers, treating them as a throw away if their numbers don't add up is not treating one's customers with honor. What you call "facts" I call an error of judgment, an ethical failing.

As far as ad hominem attacks, I call attention to your post #299 of this thread where you respond to me with "with your exact churlish, arrogant, nonsense." So yes, my calling you a "charmer" is certainly sarcastic and not something I will withdraw.
    metalchick719 likes this.
    06-23-2013 05:24 PM
    I have been very consistent stating that cell phone companies, or any company for that matter should act ethically and with honor, treating their customers with respect. Companies that do such receive loyalty in return. Counting customers, treating them as a throw away if their numbers don't add up is not treating one's customers with honor. What you call "facts" I call an error of judgment, an ethical failing.

As far as ad hominem attacks, I call attention to your post #299 of this thread where you respond to me with "with your exact churlish, arrogant, nonsense." So yes, my calling you a "charmer" is certainly sarcastic and not something I will withdraw.
    Morality and ethics are irrelevant. There are not enough 810 owners.

And, you are correct, I made a comment about your behavior but not you. There is a difference.

Hilarious that you sifted thru a couple hundred posts, though.
    06-24-2013 01:09 AM
    Morality and ethics are irrelevant. There are not enough 810 owners.

And, you are correct, I made a comment about your behavior but not you. There is a difference.

Hilarious that you sifted thru a couple hundred posts, though.
    wrong, wrong, and wrong

1. Morality and ethics are never irrelevant.
    2. If I thought your characterization of "churlish, arrogant, nonsense" was an accurate description of my behavior, which I do not; I would still call into question your "distinction" between my "behavior" and "me". You have falsely characterized my behavior and you know nothing else about me.
    3. Your assumption that I sifted through a couple of hundred posts is wrong, when I saw your post I remembered that I had an earlier impression of you and I was able to confirm it quite quickly.
    06-24-2013 01:35 AM
    Unfortunately, I agree with the fact that there may not be enough 810 users. Honestly, Nokia f#$&%#d the 8xx line. Have people noticed that not all 820s globally have gotten the newest firmware allowing storage check app? I guess there aren't enough of those users either to make a difference...

T-Mobile didn't help with pricing either, and that's why we are where we are. The 920, 928 and the coming 925 are better values at the $99 price point. See, they didn't even sell enough 8Xs either and that's all but EOLed too.

I was reading something recently that the 920, & 8X were the first in line to get the next update. I do have a VZW 8X now, so I suppose once it gets released I will let you know how the new forward runs. I think that while all Lumias will get the next round of updates, because this is such a specific carrier model, T-Mobile will likely use the whole "we're too broke and preoccupied with selling our more popular phones" to get around to the 810.
    06-24-2013 06:29 AM
    wrong, wrong, and wrong

1. Morality and ethics are never irrelevant.
    2. If I thought your characterization of "churlish, arrogant, nonsense" was an accurate description of my behavior, which I do not; I would still call into question your "distinction" between my "behavior" and "me". You have falsely characterized my behavior and you know nothing else about me.
    3. Your assumption that I sifted through a couple of hundred posts is wrong, when I saw your post I remembered that I had an earlier impression of you and I was able to confirm it quite quickly.
    I was calling out your behavior not the subject you were addressing. So, no.
    06-24-2013 10:40 AM
    Unfortunately, I agree with the fact that there may not be enough 810 users. Honestly, Nokia f#$&%#d the 8xx line. Have people noticed that not all 820s globally have gotten the newest firmware allowing storage check app? I guess there aren't enough of those users either to make a difference...

T-Mobile didn't help with pricing either, and that's why we are where we are. The 920, 928 and the coming 925 are better values at the $99 price point. See, they didn't even sell enough 8Xs either and that's all but EOLed too.
    Spot on. They handicapped the phone and now have discarded it because of their initial poor decision making.

T Mobile is the cheap phone carrier. That's why we are all on T Mobile, so this is part of the deal. We just aren't going to get service like people who have other carriers. If they don't update the phone, I'll probably just have to leave T Mobile. It's not worth it.
    06-24-2013 10:46 AM
    Spot on. They handicapped the phone and now have discarded it because of their initial poor decision making.

T Mobile is the cheap phone carrier. That's why we are all on T Mobile, so this is part of the deal. We just aren't going to get service like people who have other carriers. If they don't update the phone, I'll probably just have to leave T Mobile. It's not worth it.
    My issue was that Nokia was put in a messy spot by entering the WP game late with the 800/900 models. I would have loved to see the 925 launched with the 920 last year. At least if that model didn't sell and T-Mobile EOL'ed it, id be a happier camper. As it stands, as much as I like my 810, the market is different now. The EOS is around the corner, so T-Mobile gets last year's hardware almost a year later? Why wold you buy this? If the 925 doesn't sell, it gets killed too.

You're right, you get what you pay for. At this point, T-Mobile's cutting corners on looking after customers with the same level of integrity and intelligence b23h always talks about.
    06-24-2013 03:26 PM
    Anyone get the 1532.2105.1242.2001 firmware yet?
    06-25-2013 09:47 PM
1,549 ... 1617181920 ...