• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
08-14-2015 02:26 PM
1,549 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    Ooooh, my situation has been resolved. I talked to the right person. Went to the Microsoft Store to talk to the store manager today about exchanging my 810 (That I had originally bought back in November, with my last exchange being in February). Coincidence, but the store manager is ALSO stuck with an 810 and he just wants to get rid of it now for a 925 as well. Anyway, he heard the story of my defective 810 (I'm sure it helped that my phone froze a few minutes before I walked in the store), and he did a price match for the 925 - bringing it down from $699 to $529. He charged me the difference between my $450 810 and the 925, so I walked out of there with a brand new Lumia 925 for $80!

Good riddance, 810! Now I get to enjoy 5 months with the 925 until that gets EOL'd as well ;) As long as it doesn't give me freezing issues and such, then I'll be okay :D
    quick, someone call him a liar
    07-26-2013 12:12 PM
    Ooooh, my situation has been resolved. I talked to the right person. Went to the Microsoft Store to talk to the store manager today about exchanging my 810 (That I had originally bought back in November, with my last exchange being in February). Coincidence, but the store manager is ALSO stuck with an 810 and he just wants to get rid of it now for a 925 as well. Anyway, he heard the story of my defective 810 (I'm sure it helped that my phone froze a few minutes before I walked in the store), and he did a price match for the 925 - bringing it down from $699 to $529. He charged me the difference between my $450 810 and the 925, so I walked out of there with a brand new Lumia 925 for $80!

Good riddance, 810! Now I get to enjoy 5 months with the 925 until that gets EOL'd as well ;) As long as it doesn't give me freezing issues and such, then I'll be okay :D
    lol good stuff!.. so wait, did you pay off the device prior to exhanging it to 925 or went and bought it out right back in November? Coz i don't think (correct me if i'm wrong) you could trade in your device w/o paying it off first coz you'll still be tied to a contract. Unless you're already on a No Contract plan.
    07-26-2013 12:13 PM
    quick, someone call him a liar
    nyahahaha... -BS Buzzer on stand by- ... Red Hot and Ready.
    07-26-2013 12:14 PM

$80?! Holy crap, you're lucky and I'm green with envy!!! Congrats and enjoy your new 925!!!
    Mystictrust likes this.
    07-26-2013 12:16 PM
    lol good stuff!.. so wait, did you pay off the device prior to exhanging it to 925 or went and bought it out right back in November? Coz i don't think (correct me if i'm wrong) you could trade in your device w/o paying it off first coz you'll still be tied to a contract. Unless you're already on a No Contract plan.
    I paid full price, off-contract, back in November. I have an old plan that won't let me do upgrades without raising the price of my plan anyway. I paid $99 for the 2-year Assure warranty, so that is probably why they were able to help me so long after purchase. Either the insurance deposit was waived, or I was given a one-time "sorry you're having issues and your device went EOL so early" pass... but I did ask and my insurance was transferred over to the 925 (I was also reminded that this was a one-time deal, I can't move insurance between any more devices).

For those that don't know, the Assure warranty at Microsoft Stores allows you to turn in your old phone and walk out of the store with a brand new one - exact same phone, of course. They don't do repairs.
    07-26-2013 12:41 PM

For those that don't know, the Assure warranty at Microsoft Stores allows you to turn in your old phone and walk out of the store with a brand new one - exact same phone, of course. They don't do repairs.
    Yeah, that's why I bought mine at a Microsoft Store. I'm waiting until it gets closer to November before I make a decision on this stuff. Good to hear about the deal, though. Gives me a little hope. But I'm still leaning toward bailing on WP completely.

Which store did you go to in case others here are in the area?
    07-26-2013 12:57 PM
    bailing on WP completely
    oh i'm with you on that... lol
    07-26-2013 01:27 PM
    Despite the stunts T-Mobile has been doing with their WP phones, I plan on staying the course with Windows Phone. I blame most of this on T-Mobile rather than MS.

I've used Android, but mostly 2.1 and 2.2, and had a lot of freezing and rebooting issues. My now ex-girlfriend had something like ICS, and it was treating her well, but I will not use Android for my phone. I do plan on getting an Android tablet though.. And Apple, let's just say I am not a fan.....

I'm on my HTC HD7 now with 7.8 (7.8 with no help from T-Mobile) and am excited about the possibility of getting back to WP 8 within the next couple of months....
    07-26-2013 01:34 PM
    oh, I will say one thing though. MS is moving WAY TOO SLOWLY fixing issues like having separate volume control over media and ringing and such and how about custom notifications. Also FIX THE FREAKING OTHER STORAGE ISSUE!!!
    07-26-2013 01:45 PM
    Despite the stunts T-Mobile has been doing with their WP phones, I plan on staying the course with Windows Phone. I blame most of this on T-Mobile rather than MS.

I've used Android, but mostly 2.1 and 2.2, and had a lot of freezing and rebooting issues. My now ex-girlfriend had something like ICS, and it was treating her well, but I will not use Android for my phone. I do plan on getting an Android tablet though.. And Apple, let's just say I am not a fan.....

I'm on my HTC HD7 now with 7.8 (7.8 with no help from T-Mobile) and am excited about the possibility of getting back to WP 8 within the next couple of months....
    2.1 / 2.2 .... bless your heart.. if you haven't gotten your hands on the 4.1 / 4.2 you're seriously missing out (not that you care about androids anyway). I do have a nexus 7 tablet that i often use when i can so it's always nice to have both platforms with me wherever i go. The only thing thats keeping me from jumping off boat completely is the battery life, nice camera and anti-lagging user experience. There aren't any Android phones outhere in its price range that can match the performance. Just disappointed from its lack of support coming from TMo.
    07-26-2013 02:10 PM
    oh, I will say one thing though. MS is moving WAY TOO SLOWLY fixing issues like having separate volume control over media and ringing and such and how about custom notifications. Also FIX THE FREAKING OTHER STORAGE ISSUE!!!
    yea well obviously Nokia's doing more on their part than MS.... but then again, Nokia needs MS to stay upfloat and stay competitive to keep that #3 spot.. Both companies will have to do more than just pumping out low-cost WP8 devices to catch up with iOS and Android...
    07-26-2013 02:16 PM
    I own a G. Nexus too. I do like Android, ICS onward is quite smooth and versatile in its power and true customization options but...my WP gives me better battery life...the stock camera app and those like proshot and cam360 are killer, and I don't feel like I have to tinker the OS by going in and ripping out bloat from deep in the guts of the ROM to get it how I want. That's why I chose the 810...i missed WP from the time I sold my Focus S and didn't have the cash for the 920.
    07-26-2013 05:24 PM
    well for your question for that what I found on wmpoweruser by a tweet by joe they state that gdr2 fixed the other storage but then again if tmobile passes the update we will see but here is the link
    Joe Belfiore: GDR2 fixes “other storage” issue | WMPoweruser
    never mind its already posted on this site
    Last edited by sahib lopez; 07-27-2013 at 03:19 PM.
    07-27-2013 03:02 PM
    well for your question for that what I found on wmpoweruser by a tweet by joe they state that gdr2 fixed the other storage but then again if tmobile passes the update we will see but here is the link
    Joe Belfiore: GDR2 fixes “other storage” issue | WMPoweruser
    never mind its already posted on this site
    yes, I've seen that tweet, but there's also a new article here today that calls Joe's claim into question....

Does Windows Phone 8 GDR2 fix the
    07-27-2013 03:21 PM
    Well so far, I'm seeing good results with GDR2 on 925. My other was at about 1.8Gb yesterday after restoring and downloading tons of apps. I looked on Storage Check and it could only clear 600mb of temp files. Hmph, dismayed, I left it alone. Just now I checked my Other storage and am seeing only 580mb in there. Say what?!?! Storage Check can clear an additional 60mb, but I'm just going to leave it alone for now.

This is me under the impression that 925 has GDR2 (I know it has Amber... That is clearly stated with text in the about screen (in an amber yellow highlight)), but they've definitely done something right!
    b23h likes this.
    07-27-2013 03:56 PM
    I can't go in detail more, but the information is confirmed for the operator variants of 810 822 928.
    07-27-2013 05:00 PM
    I can't go in detail more, but the information is confirmed for the operator variants of 810 822 928.

I'm not sure I understood you. Which information is confirmed?
    07-27-2013 08:32 PM
    yeah.. what this is all about? positive or negative? when?
    07-27-2013 11:57 PM
    yahhhh? who knows that info was confirmed the info that we are getting the updated we wanted or the info that we Aren't going to get any updates. I'm just speculating
    07-28-2013 12:40 AM
    yahhhh? who knows that info was confirmed the info that we are getting the updated we wanted or the info that we Aren't going to get any updates. I'm just speculating
    What will likely happen is what has always happened...the global style models get the update first, then the carrier variants. Notice how has been no word of VZW 8X getting GDR 2 yet...perhaps they're waiting to iron the kinks out, but VZW has always moved slow on updates. AT&T probably won't announce the update for the 820, 920 & 8X until it is close to ready in order to continue the rehab of their "preferred partner" image by seemingly being timely with the update releases. Yup, more gamesmanship on the part of the carriers...
    07-28-2013 01:22 AM
    I'm not sure I understood you. Which information is confirmed?
    psst, " I have some privileged knowledge but I can't tell you exactly what it is, or where I got THIS information but I'll to make you think that I actually have information by saying certain word like 810, 822, 928 and being really vague you think I have information about something that you're REALLY interested in, so you fill in the blanks and I got you hooked you dumb *** fish and I surely won't say anything of substance, because if I did, I'd have to back it up but by being vague and secretive I can play it cool and keep you guessing, but in reality I'm just f-ing with you and I'm LMAO
    07-28-2013 02:22 AM
    We will see if I was right or not.
    07-28-2013 04:21 PM
    Let's hope we get the updates. The 810 is still a nice phone, but the carriers still cannot be trusted...
    07-28-2013 05:12 PM
    We will see if I was right or not.
    Now it's an IF or not ?

You should be saying if you're not just making things up.

JUST WAIT and see I GUARANTEE THAT I HAVE THE RIGHT INFORMATION.
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    07-28-2013 06:14 PM
    Now it's an IF or not ?
    I read his previous posts and it seems English isn't his mother tongue. I also noticed he seems to have access to some information from Nokia or Carriers.
    07-28-2013 07:58 PM
1,549 ... 2526272829 ...