Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Now now... let us withhold our applause. TMO was testing LTE for the 810, and we all remember what didn't happen. Don't want to rain on our collective parade, but I'm not buying this until I tune into a local radio station through my phone. (cause updates)

mschmi02

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I couldn't believe it either.... I got my 810 in November, she got one in January. When I heard the lady tell my wife she would waive the ETF, I was doing cartwheels... my wife was in sales for years and is literally the best negotiator I know. I overheard her talking to the rep about babies a lot.. she was nursing ours while doing the deal, so maybe she hit a soft spot?

Anyway yeah, we paid a total of $170 up front ($100 for the 2 phones and $70 in taxes and shipping). Though the website is touting free overnight, we had to pay $6 and won't have them till the 29th.. go figure. My bill stayed basically the same, we were paying ~ $150 for 3 lines with data, and now monthly we pay $100 + $10 for me to get in Jump + $40 payment towards the 2 925's. And my data went from 2gb to 2.5.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Now now... let us withhold our applause. TMO was testing LTE for the 810, and we all remember what didn't happen. Don't want to rain on our collective parade, but I'm not buying this until I tune into a local radio station through my phone. (cause updates)

I can stream local radio today.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
2 925s for $170 after taxes and fees!? and $400 early term fee waived just coz his wife did a lil magic sweet talk on the rep!? and gets to keep the 810!?.. GTFO lol...... that's beyond unimaginable profit loss to TMO or should i say "RAPED" lol... i'll believe it when we see the proof of this too good to be true transaction...

+1
I got my Lumia 810 for free and TM paid me $1000. just to take it AND I got a date with Carly Foulkes
( she's out of a job TM dumped her because she's EOL too)

Last edited:

mschmi02

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
lol yeah, I've been posting/reading on here for months as an elaborate trolling effort that is culminating with this convuluted ruse to trick you guys into thinking I got a sweet deal. Busted ;)

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
lol yeah, I've been posting/reading on here for months as an elaborate trolling effort that is culminating with this convuluted ruse to trick you guys into thinking I got a sweet deal. Busted ;)

as the saying goes if it sounds too good to be true...is a saying created out of necessity -a picture with all 4 phones and the contact will suffice nicely.
Otherwise.
FALSE ( Myth busters)

mschmi02

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
nah it's a camera pic, its just a little grainy because i shot it with the front facing camera into a mirror. It was tricky holding all 4 at once.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
mschmi02 said:
Though the website is touting free overnight, we had to pay $6 and won't have them till the 29th.. go figure.

How dumb do you think people are?... enough with the lies, dude you need to go get a hobby and photo shop aint one of them! That is the poorest editing I have ever seen. Did you let the so called toddler do it for you? lol!

mschmi02

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I'll post the links to the ebay auctions for my 810's in a couple of days.... smurfer and pb_h, you guys get FIVE PERCENT off shipping. My gift to you.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

True but Randy at least came out and made that really lame *** statement we all know was BS. This is the first sign we know isn't speculation someone sending that photo to Daniel tells me they are not ignoring the 810 issue. There should be no excuses on tmobs part for not signing off and releasing the update for the 810. If they do deny the 810 then they better have a damn good reason, because that would make me go after them and sue them for false advertising. I think we got them by the balls with the advertising of 18/36 months of phone support and I think we would have a good case. Nokia did their part and so did MSFT it's all on tmob whether they do the right thing or not. But I'm sure their legal team weighed the outcome and probably came to the conclusion it's cheaper to update the phone rather than pay out to thousands of lawsuits. I really question their moral compass and to me it comes down to the bottom dollar on their end, it's obvious they don't give a crap about their loyal customers due to abysmal lack of information regarding their own product.

Tmob you better not FCK this up or there will be hell to pay!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
t-mo will find a way to screw this up for sure and send some nonsense out like "the update is too big" etc... It's why I've said all along that 8GB internal is a mistake that's on t-mo.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
t-mo will find a way to screw this up for sure and send some nonsense out like "the update is too big" etc... It's why I've said all along that 8GB internal is a mistake that's on t-mo.

It pains me to say, but I can totally see this. After bugging them on FB on the 1304 update all I got was it "did fit our criteria" response. It wasn't promising, but I'll maintain my hope, and keep my pitchfork app installed. The upcoming release isn't small beans. This is pretty big, and related to device stability and functionality. I really can't imagine them ignoring something so big.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If they pull that kind of sh!t then we can argue the 521/htc8X in our defense. But seriously I think it's coming because of the update for 8X on Monday.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Amber update hasn't been released anyway -the 925 came preloaded.

My thought was that since the 810 is a carrier variant and lower in t-mo's to do list, we won't get it at least until after the 920 and 521. At least the 8X may get it this week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel