08-14-2015 02:26 PM
1,549 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    are you using this one " attempt 2.torrent " this first one he made he had a booboo, so he remade it, and this is the one that works.
    yes but it's only at 14% and has along way to go over 3hrs and I'd still need software to extract the rar file and I'm still not sure how to install it, I guess someone will try and post a how to.
    08-05-2013 06:28 PM
    wiseguywood and b23h like this.
    08-05-2013 06:31 PM
    So, what happened? Nokia removed the link?
    08-05-2013 06:38 PM
    yes but it's only at 14% and has along way to go over 3hrs and I'd still need software to extract the rar file and I'm still not sure how to install it, I guess someone will try and post a how to.
    Will post once it dls how to installs. have a few ideas not sure which will work until it finish dl.
    08-05-2013 06:44 PM
    Great rub it in Nokia blocked it for 810 owners the update is no longer available.
    08-05-2013 06:45 PM
    So, what happened? Nokia removed the link?
    They probably heard about it and when 810 owners linked it blocked it for 810 owners or maybe all phones but it's not there anymore just the current version
    UNLESS they just changed the number to discourage us but the only way to find out would be to update and I don't know what will happen if it's the same version that I have I guess just like any time you install a program twice -nothing happens but I don't know with a phone.
    08-05-2013 06:52 PM
    I'm showing that 5 people are d/l my torrent... has anyone finished it yet>
    08-05-2013 07:11 PM
    Coming up on 40%...
    08-05-2013 07:11 PM
    I rar'd it to cut it down in size from 1300 MB to 521 MB. Had I left it as is, you'd only be 5% of the way done instead of 14%. And as more people get it and continue to share, d/l times will go even faster (as Upload speeds are a fraction of d/l speeds). While waiting for it to finished, google and download either winrar or 7-zip. Both free and both will uncompress the file.
    08-05-2013 07:18 PM
    Almost half way done since you left.
    08-05-2013 07:22 PM
    Sorry guys... just realized my upload speed was capped... should go A LOT faster now
    08-05-2013 07:35 PM
    Sorry guys... just realized my upload speed was capped... should go A LOT faster now

73% I still don't know how to install it, I guess someone will have a how to.
    And thanks
    NOKIA sucks -it works for the 810 but they don't want us to have it, What would happen if I downloaded the same version that I have ?
    I guess they just created a patch that when an 810 was connected it no longer had the update unless it's the update but a different number to discourage us ( wishful thinking)
    when I started to download it was 1.3GB (I think) but stopped because I realized it was the same version that I already have
    08-05-2013 07:43 PM
    Sad others are not able to dl it..ill try to help by uploading it as well
    08-05-2013 07:48 PM
    Sad others are not able to dl it..ill try to help by uploading it as well
    I wonder when Nokia got wind of this, and blocked all 810 owners.
    08-05-2013 07:52 PM
    WTF.. did 810 just got PUNK'D!?!?
    08-05-2013 07:53 PM
    I'm seeding for anyone who wants it.
    08-05-2013 07:56 PM
    They pulled all the updates for all the phones. Someone posted it around 2:40pm could be a teaser test bed. Thanks froi for the heads up on Amber i also noticed that the clock floats pretty kweel.

PB_H I wasn't trying to rub it in someone posted saying that the feature was broken the snap shot was in reference to his statement I should have "quoted" my bad.
    froi francisco likes this.
    08-05-2013 07:56 PM
    73% I still don't know how to install it, I guess someone will have a how to.
    And thanks
    NOKIA sucks -it works for the 810 but they don't want us to have it, What would happen if I downloaded the same version that I have ?
    I guess they just created a patch that when an 810 was connected it no longer had the update unless it's the update but a different number to discourage us ( wishful thinking)
    when I started to download it was 1.3GB (I think) but stopped because I realized it was the same version that I already have
    Again, download winrar or 7-zip and install so that when the torrent is finished you can extract the rm-878.rar file (you'll simply doubleclick it and I'd use your desktop as the extract location to make it easier to find).

Exit out of the Nokia Software Updater for Retail app if you have it open.

This part is speculative as I haven't had to do it this way since I got it straight from the source. Anyhow, navigate to C:// ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products and copy/paste the entire rm-878 folder into there so it'll now look like C:// ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/rm-878/ with eleven files inside that folder.
    Now restart Nokia Software Updater for Retail. It'll still show the current software version (1250) but if you goto Server Configuration then click Work Offline, hopefully it'll now show the new 1326 version.
    Pale Justice likes this.
    08-05-2013 07:58 PM
    Again, download winrar or 7-zip and install so that when the torrent is finished you can extract the rm-878.rar file (you'll simply doubleclick it and I'd use your desktop as the extract location to make it easier to find).

This part is speculative as I haven't had to do it this way since I got it straight from the source. Anyhow, navigate to C:// ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products and copy/paste the entire rm-878 folder into there so it'll now look like C:// ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/rm-878/ with eleven files inside that folder.
    Now restart Nokia Software Updater for Retail. It'll still show the current software version (1250) but if you goto Server Configuration then click Work Offline, hopefully it'll now show the new 1326 version.
    As long as you have the file where bsipe9 stated updater will see it offline. Again my file is exactly 1.25 gigs.
    08-05-2013 08:11 PM

okay yeah as state above, all you have to do it

1. go to C:/ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/rm-878/ copy the rm-878 folder that you extracted from the torrent and place it in here.

Caution: *****If you already have the 1250 one downloaded, id suggest you move that folder out and put the new one in there" So not copy replace or merge folders.*****

3. Then load up NSU and go to Server Configuration > and Choose Work Offline, and then the option should change to "You can update device software to version 3043.0000.1326.0017" and then hit the update button. ALSO make sure your batter on the phone is 50% or more before attempting to flashing.

Also many thanks to bsipe9 for uploading firmware :D
    08-05-2013 08:17 PM

Thanks I'll find someone to help me as I'm not very PC savvy I guess I'll figure it out once I download the updater again I'm guessing that the updater will be here ? C:// ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products
    08-05-2013 08:19 PM
    They pulled all the updates for all the phones. Someone posted it around 2:40pm could be a teaser test bed. Thanks froi for the heads up on Amber i also noticed that the clock floats pretty kweel.

PB_H I wasn't trying to rub it in someone posted saying that the feature was broken the snap shot was in reference to his statement I should have "quoted" my bad.
    I meant it as a retort not an accusation. No problem
    08-05-2013 08:21 PM
    okay yeah as state above, all you have to do it

1. go to C:/ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/rm-878/ copy the rm-878 folder that you extracted from the torrent and place it in here.

Caution: *****If you already have the 1250 one downloaded, id suggest you move that folder out and put the new one in there" So not copy replace or merge folders.*****

3. Then load up NSU and go to Server Configuration > and Choose Work Offline, and then the option should change to "You can update device software to version 3043.0000.1326.0017" and then hit the update button. ALSO make sure your batter on the phone is 50% or more before attempting to flashing.

Also many thanks to bsipe9 for uploading firmware :D
    Let me know if that works OK ?
    08-05-2013 08:22 PM
    Yeah it does just finished flashing will post a SS once it finish signing into live.
    08-05-2013 08:23 PM
    Yeah it does just finished flashing will post a SS once it finish signing into live.
    Cool
    08-05-2013 08:32 PM
1,549 ... 3233343536 ...