08-14-2015 03:26 PM
1,549 ... 4041424344 ...
tools
    @PB_H: Thank you answered and explained me about it. Because i am not good in technologies.

When my 810 went down with several problems, i tried to hard reset and it was back but i can't find any Amber updates on internet. And i have choice to flash my device with hope that i will get Amber back and may have somes lastest updates too.

Now my device is good but i don't know what missing updates. Please let me know or may i'm going to flash it again ?
    Ah i saw the line named: " warranty ... " but i don't see it on my device :((
    The updates arrive on the sly they are usually in the form of system updates, open settings/system then scroll down to the bottom does it show glance, touch and display as the last features in systems? if so you're probably up to date, if not they will arrive in the dead of night... And make sure in settings the phone update boxes are checked.
    Also download this http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...e-36335242ed2e
    open it swipe left to find Nokia and hit the the ... and then the hit settings/gear icon it will take you to Nokia, Samsung and HTC enable Nokia then go back to that page hit the icon with the tablet and gear and it will update all those in the list that you have downloaded plus all the system settings (scroll down under Nokia to see what's there) It maybe take awhile if those aren't up to date. You can even with some tricks download some of those HTC and Samsung apps listed. Anything in their system list won't work. I downloaded Beats Audio to setting hoping it would increase the bass in Music but of course we don't have Beats Audio so it just takes up space and 1MB. I downloaded Apps Folder and Video Trimmer and Mini Diary from Samsung ( a better trimmer than Nokia's) and they are worth it.
    Last edited by PB_H; 09-10-2013 at 02:23 AM.
    09-10-2013 01:55 AM
    The updates arrive on the sly they are usually in the form of system updates, open settings/system then scroll down to the bottom does it show glance, touch and display as the last features in systems? if so you're probably up to date, if not they will arrive in the dead of night... And make sure in settings phone update's boxes are checked.
    Glance and Touch and Display have been showed on my System menu after get another updates from Extras + info ... I have used sysapp pusher to update it.
    But i still don't know why Warranty Registration: 1.1.0.4 didn't appear on extras + info.
    09-10-2013 02:06 AM
    Glance and Touch and Display have been showed on my System menu after get another updates from Extras + info ... I have used sysapp pusher to update it.
    But i still don't know why Warranty Registration: 1.1.0.4 didn't appear on extras + info.
    Warranty Registration doesn't appear on mine either, who cares, I register with Nokia when I bought it they have the info. I also just now connected with NSU and it says: In -Warranty in the USA, so I'm covered and I don't have that Warranty Registration notice. Why worry ?
    Last edited by PB_H; 09-10-2013 at 02:50 AM.
    howard mai likes this.
    09-10-2013 02:37 AM
    Warranty Registration doesn't appear on mine either, who cares, I register with Nokia when I bought it they have the info. I also just now connected with NSU and it is says: In -Warranty in the USA so I'm covered and I don't have that Warranty Registration notice. Why worry ?
    Yeah. I am connecting with NSU and it show like you. I took the question out my head.
    Now, i am waiting for new update firmware

Thank you PB_H.
    PB_H likes this.
    09-10-2013 02:49 AM
    Yeah. I am connecting with NSU and it show like you. I took the question out my head.
    Now, i am waiting for new update firmware

Thank you PB_H.
    What update I thought you had Amber/GDR2 ?
    09-10-2013 03:01 AM
    What update I thought you had Amber/GDR2 ?
    Ah. GDR3 firmware, May L810 will be support ?
    09-10-2013 04:28 AM
    Ah. GDR3 firmware, May L810 will be support ?
    Where are you getting GDR3 firmware it hasn't been "released" ?
    09-10-2013 01:10 PM
    Hi PB_H,
    No, I've heard of GDR3 will come soon for WP. I try to search and figured out that video. Pretty sure the device is not L810.
    09-10-2013 04:55 PM
    Hi PB_H,
    No, I've heard of GDR3 will come soon for WP. I try to search and figured out that video. Pretty sure the device is not L810.
    The title of the video is:
    "Windows Phone 8 GDR3 and Bittersweet Shimmer demonstrated on a Lumia 920"

so yes, pretty sure it's not an 810
    09-10-2013 06:36 PM
    ...but will T-Mobile release it? ....will T-Mobile wait for Blue?....so called insider, what's up?...don't drop cryptic clues insider.....(just having some fun with the cryptic messages...still)
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-10-2013 11:03 PM
    ...but will T-Mobile release it? ....will T-Mobile wait for Blue?....so called insider, what's up?...don't drop cryptic clues insider.....(just having some fun with the cryptic messages...still)
    t-mo is waiting for the 925 to sell first and we may end up being blue in the face before we see that update...I'm itching about that Ativ S for $260 brand new on expansys USA. Now that's a deal...
    09-19-2013 10:56 AM
    t-mo is waiting for the 925 to sell first and we may end up being blue in the face before we see that update...I'm itching about that Ativ S for $260 brand new on expansys USA. Now that's a deal...
    Then we will do what we did on August 5 when we thought TM wouldn't release the last one
    someone will grab it create a torrent and we'll install a pirated version like we did with Amber/GDR2
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    09-19-2013 02:47 PM
    Then we will do what we did on August 5 when we thought TM wouldn't release the last one
    someone will grab it create a torrent and we'll install a pirated version like we did with Amber/GDR2
    now if MSFT's ownership of Nokia kicks in next year, will they release those pirated versions?
    09-19-2013 04:35 PM
    now if MSFT's ownership of Nokia kicks in next year, will they release those pirated versions?
    I think some could find it on NSU after it was officially released so "they" could copy the info and those weren't
    pirated but if they copy and distribute then those of us who don't get it would be getting a pirated version of the official
    version. The one that showed up on NSU in early August wasn't the official release, I believe it was a trial balloon.
    09-19-2013 04:44 PM
    Hi, I have the Nokia 810. I am having problems with the storage at the point that it won't do normal tasks like downloading email etc. The amber update would solve that problem if I am not mistaking, is is still available for download somewhere? Thanks for your help.
    09-22-2013 08:49 PM
    Hi, I have the Nokia 810. I am having problems with the storage at the point that it won't do normal tasks like downloading email etc. The amber update would solve that problem if I am not mistaking, is is still available for download somewhere? Thanks for your help.
    now the OTA firmware update has been stopped for some problems. this is what TMO tells.. you can always download somewhere btw.. About your storage problem, you can perform an hard reset, or try app like shrink storage..
    09-23-2013 06:15 AM
    now the OTA firmware update has been stopped for some problems. this is what TMO tells.. you can always download somewhere btw.. About your storage problem, you can perform an hard reset, or try app like shrink storage..
    Hi, thanks for the suggestions, I will give that a try. Can you tell where I can download the sw or at least what to search for?

EDIT: tried shrink storage but it only released about 160 MB. So I went for the hard reset.
    Last edited by plc001; 09-23-2013 at 12:50 PM.
    09-23-2013 08:33 AM
    I see GDR 3 is coming out soon. I am curious as to if the 810 will get it (I have doubts).

Is it true that OTA updates of GDR 2 has stopped for the 810? Have they restarted? Or is GDR 2 basically skipped at this point??

P.S. I am still running the HTC HD 7. I've basically decided on the 925 pentaband, unbranded version 2 over at Negri Electronics, but unfortunately am still unemployed....
    10-14-2013 01:59 PM
    I see GDR 3 is coming out soon. I am curious as to if the 810 will get it (I have doubts).

Is it true that OTA updates of GDR 2 has stopped for the 810? Have they restarted? Or is GDR 2 basically skipped at this point??

I got the gdr3 preview installed on l810 just now. Always nice to see new stuff on our phone..
    P.S. I am still running the HTC HD 7. I've basically decided on the 925 pentaband, unbranded version 2 over at Negri Electronics, but unfortunately am still unemployed....
    10-14-2013 02:58 PM

Did you check for updates? I guess not, MS/T Mobile restarted it a few weeks ago
    Last edited by PB_H; 10-14-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    10-14-2013 03:34 PM
    Hi PB_H, I have a question, can you help me?

I have just use proxy to install nokia cam for review and it failed. So when i reset my phone and check update, the line : "tell me when updates are available for my phone" has been disappeared.
    What would i do now :(((
    Thank you!

My phone
    wp_ss_20131022_0003.png

WPcentral image
    lumia920firmwareupdate.jpg
    10-22-2013 10:59 PM
    Do you have GDR3 ? that's what my and everyone's phone reads since downloading GDR3.

And if you don't have GDR3 and if you did a factory reset I guess that's the new norm, what is to worry ?

you can still just check manually and choose to download or not, right ?
    10-22-2013 11:53 PM
    Hi PB_H,
    Yes i have installed GDR3 a few weeks ago. But I didn't check again phone updates menu until now.
    10-23-2013 12:00 AM
    Do you have GDR3 ? that's what my and everyone's phone reads since downloading GDR3.

And if you don't have GDR3 and if you did a factory reset I guess that's the new norm, what is to worry ?

you can still just check manually and choose to download or not, right ?
    I have plan to do a factory reset but i got a little worried because i have some software which installed by use fiddler program like procam ...

So without that line, will my device able to manually download update ?
    10-23-2013 12:08 AM
    I have plan to do a factory reset but i got a little worried because i have some software which installed by use fiddler program like procam ...

So without that line, i will able to check manually and choose to download or not right ?
    That's what happened after GDR3 I guess you could try and uncheck the box in the Preview for Developer app and see if the old settings reappear after you restarted your phone but you'd be out of the Preview program and you wouldn't be able to download that again- and yes it means what is says = you can still check like we all did before and then if there is an update after you check you can wait for it to populate to 100% and download it or delay it or check that box that says automatically download. When I first got my 810 even tho I had the notify me checked it never did notify me of the first update I had to check and then I updated.
    howard mai likes this.
    10-23-2013 12:20 AM
1,549 ... 4041424344 ...