Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
They pulled all the updates for all the phones. Someone posted it around 2:40pm could be a teaser test bed. Thanks froi for the heads up on Amber i also noticed that the clock floats pretty kweel.

PB_H I wasn't trying to rub it in someone posted saying that the feature was broken the snap shot was in reference to his statement I should have "quoted" my bad.

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
73% I still don't know how to install it, I guess someone will have a how to.
And thanks
NOKIA sucks -it works for the 810 but they don't want us to have it, What would happen if I downloaded the same version that I have ?
I guess they just created a patch that when an 810 was connected it no longer had the update unless it's the update but a different number to discourage us ( wishful thinking)
when I started to download it was 1.3GB (I think) but stopped because I realized it was the same version that I already have

Again, download winrar or 7-zip and install so that when the torrent is finished you can extract the rm-878.rar file (you'll simply doubleclick it and I'd use your desktop as the extract location to make it easier to find).

Exit out of the Nokia Software Updater for Retail app if you have it open.

This part is speculative as I haven't had to do it this way since I got it straight from the source. Anyhow, navigate to C:// ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products and copy/paste the entire rm-878 folder into there so it'll now look like C:// ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/rm-878/ with eleven files inside that folder.
Now restart Nokia Software Updater for Retail. It'll still show the current software version (1250) but if you goto Server Configuration then click Work Offline, hopefully it'll now show the new 1326 version.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Again, download winrar or 7-zip and install so that when the torrent is finished you can extract the rm-878.rar file (you'll simply doubleclick it and I'd use your desktop as the extract location to make it easier to find).

This part is speculative as I haven't had to do it this way since I got it straight from the source. Anyhow, navigate to C:// ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products and copy/paste the entire rm-878 folder into there so it'll now look like C:// ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/rm-878/ with eleven files inside that folder.
Now restart Nokia Software Updater for Retail. It'll still show the current software version (1250) but if you goto Server Configuration then click Work Offline, hopefully it'll now show the new 1326 version.

As long as you have the file where bsipe9 stated updater will see it offline. Again my file is exactly 1.25 gigs.

dave0538

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site

okay yeah as state above, all you have to do it

1. go to C:/ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/rm-878/ copy the rm-878 folder that you extracted from the torrent and place it in here.

Caution: *****If you already have the 1250 one downloaded, id suggest you move that folder out and put the new one in there" So not copy replace or merge folders.*****

3. Then load up NSU and go to Server Configuration > and Choose Work Offline, and then the option should change to "You can update device software to version 3043.0000.1326.0017" and then hit the update button. ALSO make sure your batter on the phone is 50% or more before attempting to flashing.

Also many thanks to bsipe9 for uploading firmware :D

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

Thanks I'll find someone to help me as I'm not very PC savvy I guess I'll figure it out once I download the updater again I'm guessing that the updater will be here ? C:// ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
They pulled all the updates for all the phones. Someone posted it around 2:40pm could be a teaser test bed. Thanks froi for the heads up on Amber i also noticed that the clock floats pretty kweel.

PB_H I wasn't trying to rub it in someone posted saying that the feature was broken the snap shot was in reference to his statement I should have "quoted" my bad.

I meant it as a retort not an accusation. No problem

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
okay yeah as state above, all you have to do it

1. go to C:/ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/rm-878/ copy the rm-878 folder that you extracted from the torrent and place it in here.

Caution: *****If you already have the 1250 one downloaded, id suggest you move that folder out and put the new one in there" So not copy replace or merge folders.*****

3. Then load up NSU and go to Server Configuration > and Choose Work Offline, and then the option should change to "You can update device software to version 3043.0000.1326.0017" and then hit the update button. ALSO make sure your batter on the phone is 50% or more before attempting to flashing.

Also many thanks to bsipe9 for uploading firmware :D

Let me know if that works OK ?

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
So let me see if I understood this...

1. A Nokia representative says that the Amber firmware is not meant for the 810/820/822.
  2. But they made the firmware available (perhaps accidentally), anyway.
  3. Then after a few hours, they removed it to prevent 810/820/822 owners from installing it.

The question is: once this firmware is installed on the 810/820/822, do these phones get all the features that the newer phones are getting?

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if I should create a new thread with the link to the NSU, the torrent and the install instructions so that it's not buried in the middle of this one...

dave0538

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah many many thanks :D hopefully we get some more good news maybe from reker to unlock bootloader or crack ffu from the Chinese team, so we can enable LTE, and side load apps. Still trying to work fiddler2 to make it possible to side load apps again like before (until it got closed down)

I wonder if I should create a new thread with the link to the NSU, the torrent and the install instructions so that it's not buried in the middle of this one...

Yeah I think you should, maybe Wpcentral will put your post on homepage aswell for other to benefit.

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I think you should, maybe Wpcentral will put your post on homepage aswell for other to benefit.

Created. If you could take a peak and let me know if I missed a step or wasn't clear I'd appreciate it. I'm not the greatest direction giver and can cut corners over things I might think are obvious.

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site

welcome brother 😊 someone nokia said it amber wasnt really meant for 810?? Wow!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99