08-14-2015 02:26 PM
1,549 ... 4142434445 ...
tools
    That's what happened after GDR3 I guess you could try and uncheck the box in the Preview for Developer app and see if the old settings reappear after you restarted your phone but you'd be out of the Preview program and you wouldn't be able to download that again- and yes it means what is says = you can still check like we all did before and then if there is an update after you check you can wait for it to populate to 100% and download it or delay it or check that box that says automatically download. When I first got my 810 even tho I had the notify me checked it never did notify me of the first update I had to check and then I updated.
    Thank you.
    10-22-2013 11:27 PM
    I think you're OK we all in the same boat who have GDR3 -not to worry.
    10-22-2013 11:29 PM
    I think you're OK we all in the same boat who have GDR3 -not to worry.
    Yes. we are in GDR3 board. hihihi. Thank you
    Last edited by howard mai; 10-23-2013 at 12:37 AM.
    b23h likes this.
    10-22-2013 11:48 PM
    Anyone else tried their hands on the Nokia Camera app with GDR3 on our dear EOL'd devices (using the Fiddler workaround... Darned restrictions). Seems a lot more improved with regards to noise in low light situations, both live view and photo!
    10-24-2013 04:54 PM
    Anyone else tried their hands on the Nokia Camera app with GDR3 on our dear EOL'd devices (using the Fiddler workaround... Darned restrictions). Seems a lot more improved with regards to noise in low light situations, both live view and photo!
    Here is my assessment http://forums.windowscentral.com/pho...ia-camera.html

BTW you don't have to do the Fiddler, just change Wi-Fi proxy 117.135.139.179 /PORT 8888 and pause with the back button for 3 seconds
    until it says INSTALL then as it stalls go back and enable you're normal Wi-Fi and it will finish downloading.
    10-24-2013 05:48 PM
    I can do the Fiddler trick, hence I chose to do that. Besides, I'd rather use fiddler since it's my own proxy i'm using. You're never sure who sets up those proxies as well as the security issues with third party proxies. I think I just saw someone post somewhere in wpc their acct. got hacked from the same proxy they used.
    10-24-2013 05:55 PM
    I can do the Fiddler trick, hence I chose to do that. Besides, I'd rather use fiddler since it's my own proxy i'm using. You're never sure who sets up those proxies as well as the security issues with third party proxies. I think I just saw someone post somewhere in wpc their acct. got hacked from the same proxy they used.
    Did you read my assessment of the new crap Nokia Camera app?

Hacked their phone -not likely.
    10-24-2013 06:07 PM
    Yes I read your assessment. You are entitled to it. I'm fine with how it is right now. As for the hacking thing, I did not say his phone got hacked. Two of his email accounts. Besides, third party proxies are still "use at your own risk".
    While you are connected to a proxy, if you have background tasks needing data, your phone will transmit information and that's where the security issue is (I can see when I use my fiddler proxy that log of data). This is OT already. End of discussion on this matter.
    10-24-2013 06:12 PM
    Yes I read your assessment. You are entitled to it. I'm fine with how it is right now. As for the hacking thing, I did not say his phone got hacked. Two of his email accounts. Besides, third party proxies are still "use at your own risk".
    While you are connected to a proxy, if you have background tasks needing data, your phone will transmit information and that's where the security issue is. This is OT already. End of discussion on this matter.
    take some photos in low light with just a few colors but mostly white. Sure outside you won't see this green issue but it's supposed to be good for low light and
    if it's inside and the walls are white you'll get that green on the edges, but if you just take snaps and correct color isn't an issue it's a good lens.
    10-24-2013 06:16 PM
    My guess is it could be an artifact of the oversampling technique? If you zoom in a bit, that area of green is cropped out. Well, it's not designed for our phone's sensor/optics anyway.
    10-24-2013 06:21 PM
    Of course but even with 4:3 you'd get green, besides even if I zoom in it's still green,
    the only way to get rid of that green would be post processing editing and you'd have to crop
    more than 50% of the image. If you're using landscape with 5 faces across the ones on the sides will have a green hue to them.
    This is an issue even with the built in, the green it's clearly still there. On Twitter Nokia Care techs said they are working on this issue
    Nokia knows it's still there.
    10-24-2013 06:30 PM
    It seems to me it's likely the cam/optical assembly itself. It's kinda like a lens hood effect, as it's obvious in diffuse low light and more pronounced in the corners. If that's the case, I can't blame the software for that.
    10-24-2013 06:31 PM
    Of course but even with 4:3 you'd get green, besides even if I zoom in it's still green,
    the only way to get rid of that green would be post processing editing and you'd have to crop
    more than 50% of the image. If you're using landscape with 5 faces across the ones on the sides will have a green hue to them.
    This is an issue even with the built in, oddly enough the green isn't as bad, but it's clearly still there.
    it's a camera phone anyway, and it's not the high end one. Of course there will be trade offs
    10-24-2013 06:33 PM
    it's a camera phone anyway, and it's not the high end one. Of course there will be trade offs
    It's still an issue with the 1020 -that's who (owners) who first got Nokia to acknowledge this issue,
    but there it's more yellow than green.
    10-24-2013 06:38 PM
    Here i am, I have never use those proxy until the day i was curious about Nokia Camera. After a few steps to do and i couldn't install it, I went to here, write my quite scared.
    I am still believe the day our phone be hacked by those proxy and our account went out :))
    10-25-2013 06:35 PM
    Here is my assessment http://forums.windowscentral.com/pho...ia-camera.html

BTW you don't have to do the Fiddler, just change Wi-Fi proxy 117.135.139.179 /PORT 8888 and pause with the back button for 3 seconds
    until it says INSTALL then as it stalls go back and enable you're normal Wi-Fi and it will finish downloading.
    Yes i agreed with you. Pro Cam is doing good, no need to update.
    10-25-2013 06:44 PM
    Been working really good for me, better than 2 and seems more stable for the mighty 810.
    b23h likes this.
    10-25-2013 07:41 PM
    Been working really good for me, better than 2 and seems more stable for the mighty 810.
    Congrats. I can't install it then i don't have any experience.

Pro Cam was doing good on my phone :D
    10-25-2013 10:59 PM
    Hello everyone!

I'm happy that the 810 is getting updates so far and hope it continues. I just bought a relatively cheap new HTC 8x over at CowBoom (their prices for it seems to switch between 190 and 370) and should get it in a week. I find the thought of being an ex-810 EOL buyer only to switch to another T-Mobile abandoned child the HTC 8x to be slightly less than thrilling, but will be happy to be back on WP8. I see both phones are in a similar situation as far as updates and so I hope that at the minimum both of them receive GDR3 via OTA. I know this is a 810 thread but I will give you an update of how the switch to the 8x went and some brief impressions of it.

I salute the long line of early abandoned WP devices by T-Mobile....
    wiseguywood and sahib lopez like this.
    11-01-2013 04:39 PM
    I don't know if I'm posting this in the right thread or not but as far as any update for 810...living in the midwest, manually updated my phone and I recieved the data sense app. Hope this provides some useful news.
    b23h likes this.
    11-02-2013 11:08 PM
    I don't know if I'm posting this in the right thread or not but as far as any update for 810...living in the midwest, manually updated my phone and I recieved the data sense app. Hope this provides some useful news.
    Glad you caught it, is there a reason why you didn't get it when T- Mobile first released it August 15th when Amber/GDR2 was sent OTA ?
    11-03-2013 12:26 AM
    Glad you caught it, is there a reason why you didn't get it when T- Mobile first released it August 15th when Amber/GDR2 was sent OTA ?
    maybe he didn't check for it ?
    11-03-2013 10:05 PM
    maybe he didn't check for it ?
    That would be the obvious answer, I was wondering if there might be something else.
    11-03-2013 10:47 PM
    Didn't get the phone until October. I hope I answered your question. My thing is, from what I've been reading, I know T-Mobile has basically abandoned the 810 and wants nothing to do with it. So I can only assume that if and when they do send out updates, it'll be few and far between. I'm know I'm not alone when I say that Nokia & T-Mobile acted way too irrationally when they decided to EOL/EOP this phone.
    11-05-2013 12:00 AM
    Honestly I don't know where to even begin looking for the Amber/GDR2 update. If I had some incling I'd definitely try to do so. By the way, what does OTA mean?
    11-05-2013 12:03 AM
1,549 ... 4142434445 ...