• 00Days
  • 00Hours
  • 00Mins
  • 00Secs
Check out the best deals!
08-14-2015 02:26 PM
1,549 ... 5253545556 ...
tools
    So.... The rumor mill is now that Nokia will be doing a "Blue" firmware that will coincide with WP8.1.

Any bets on if T-Horrible will allow our beloved L810 to get Blue and WP8.1?
    03-26-2014 09:49 AM
    So.... The rumor mill is now that Nokia will be doing a "Blue" firmware that will coincide with WP8.1.

I have a bigger chance of winning the lotto and paying T-Mobile to push the update than waiting on T-Mobile to do it on their own account :P
    b23h likes this.
    03-26-2014 10:54 AM

After several twitter conversation with Nokia Care confirming a conversation (some blog) that Nokia had said in effect,
    it was they (NOKIA) who abandoned the 810 after Amber and no more updates.
    TM hasn't been so great but the reason that the 810 didn't get black was Nokia not TM.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    03-27-2014 05:57 PM
    After several twitter conversation with Nokia Care confirming a conversation (some blog) that Nokia had said in effect,
    TM hasn't been so great but the reason that the 810 didn't get black was Nokia not TM.
    :/ bummer
    03-27-2014 11:24 PM
    You are definitely not "The Dude". Way to much negativity. Hehehehehe.

Actually my research pointed to T-Mobile for blocking the updates. And sorry, no, I can't reveal my sources. I'm still trying to find out if T-Mobile might allow WP8.1 out for our 810's, but I'm hitting thicker walls this time.
    b23h and wiseguywood like this.
    03-28-2014 01:07 PM
    Im not sure who it was that the 810 wasn't going to get the black update but all I know is that most people are leaning that the 810 won't get 8.1
    03-28-2014 04:51 PM
    Im not sure who it was that the 810 wasn't going to get the black update but all I know is that most people are leaning that the 810 won't get 8.1
    Oh, don't worry. It'll be made available to us... on the conditions that the Black firmware be installed. It'll be like the storage check beta app. "Sorry, but you need the 1308 update to run this app." At least I think it was the 1308 update.
    sahib lopez, MSFTisMIA and b23h like this.
    03-28-2014 08:14 PM
    Oh, don't worry. It'll be made available to us... on the conditions that the Black firmware be installed. It'll be like the storage check beta app. "Sorry, but you need the 1308 update to run this app." At least I think it was the 1308 update.
    well the HTC and Samsung devices didn't need firmware update to get gdr2 and gdr3 or at least that is what I think
    03-28-2014 08:32 PM
    You are definitely not "The Dude". Way to much negativity. Hehehehehe.

Actually my research pointed to T-Mobile for blocking the updates. And sorry, no, I can't reveal my sources. I'm still trying to find out if T-Mobile might allow WP8.1 out for our 810's, but I'm hitting thicker walls this time.
    Why is reporting what NokiaCare on Twitter said negative ? at least they said so.... and you know it's complete BS when you get "I can't reveal my sources".
    Like who cares and no one believes that crap -and would you get roughed up or maybe get a pair of cement shoes if you did ?

Do you work for the NY Times ? LMAO
    03-28-2014 09:19 PM
    If I was to bet who was responsible for the 810 not getting GDR 3 with Black OTA, I would definitely bet that it was T-Mobile. Isn't it also the case that most of the HTC 8x's have all been updated to GDR3 with the exception of T-MOBILE!!!

That's no accident....
    03-29-2014 12:08 AM
    If I was to bet who was responsible for the 810 not getting GDR 3 with Black OTA, I would definitely bet that it was T-Mobile. Isn't it also the case that most of the HTC 8x's have all been updated to GDR3 with the exception of T-MOBILE!!!

That's no accident....
    interesting ..... that the T-Mobile htc 8x didn't get GDR3. sure it could of been to cut costs and wait till 8.1 came out since its a bigger update than GDR3. that's just wishful thinking at this point because most of what T-Mobile actions has shown if their phones don't sell well, they will drop that phone and forget it was even there
    b23h likes this.
    03-29-2014 12:25 AM
    ...most of what T-Mobile actions has shown if their phones don't sell well, they will drop that phone and forget it was even there
    bingo
    03-29-2014 01:27 AM
    empty-promises.png

Here we have it. Straight from TMO Facebook. I doubt they have any clue on what's going on. But this is a start... according to these guys, we still have a supported and theoretically relevant device. I've partially given up on these guys since I kept getting blown off. Maybe you will have better luck if you bug em enough. I refuse to give up on this phone. I like it, and still believe it has plenty to offer me.
    sahib lopez and KeegdnaB42 like this.
    03-29-2014 03:14 AM
    "We do support the phone but no longer carry it in stores or online." That sounds like a response you'd get from a passive aggressive person.

Supporting the phone means making sure that T-Mobile and Nokia works together to release firmware and OS updates for the phone for a reasonable amount of time, and the 810 was dumped in an unreasonable hurry. Yea, #$%^#$^^& answers like that! They might as well say, "You bought the phone sucker, if you want support line our pockets and buy another phone. If you're lucky we won't dump that phone too. That is real #%^^ lucky, sucker"

A lot of you know my story with T-Mobile. I bought a T-Mobile HTC HD7 off of cowboom and brought to T-Mobile's prepaid. That phone ended up never receiving 7.8 from T-Mobile even though I flashed it via the cab update method and it worked great. Then I got the 810, and we know how it's been abandoned. Then I got the HTC 8x and it is in exactly the same situation that the 810 is in, abandoned for time being. I have little faith that either of those phones will ever get another OTA update from T-Mobile and I place that fault squarely on T-Mobile's shoulders. That's a ****ty way to treat your paying customers.

So now I am on AT&T with a 920. I've already received GDR3 and Black OTA and I expect to get 8.1 OTA as well (no doubt with a significant delay).
    Last edited by b23h; 03-29-2014 at 07:25 PM.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    03-29-2014 10:50 AM
    and you know it's complete BS when you get "I can't reveal my sources".
    Like who cares and no one believes that crap -and would you get roughed up or maybe get a pair of cement shoes if you did ?

Do you work for the NY Times ? LMAO
    How would you like it if you told me something confidential about the company you work for, then I went public with it, saying Mr. Lebowski was my source. Then your boss tells you "Step into my office.", and you are walked out of the building without a job, and a possible lawsuit hanging over head for violating a NDA contract.

You wouldn't be very happy with me, would you?
    03-30-2014 10:04 AM
    How would you like it if you told me something confidential about the company you work for, then I went public with it, saying Mr. Lebowski was my source. Then your boss tells you "Step into my office.", and you are walked out of the building without a job, and a possible lawsuit hanging over head for violating a NDA contract.

If this is such a horrible corporate secret... don't blurt it out at all. Considering the nature of our issues. It's kinda pathetic that so much secrecy is involved in this crap. It's a phone software update. Give us some transparency, and just tell us some damn news. Are we, or are we not getting any more fracking updates? This isn't going to tip the balance of power in the world to the US. The Lumia 810 (sorry tmo, Nokia) is not cutting edge hardware with corporate secrets that could boost us into the world spotlight. It just isn't.

So T-Mobile, Nokia. I challenge you to give me (and other 810 users) a solid answer. Emotional support doesn't count. I need software support here. Are we getting future updates, or not?
    03-30-2014 04:24 PM
    Lebowski stated that according to "several twitter conversation with Nokia Care confirming a conversation (some blog) that Nokia had said in effect,
    it was they (NOKIA) who abandoned the 810 after Amber and no more updates." Note that he really doesn't back it up with any screen shots or links or anything. Then Guzzler states that per his research it's actually T-Mobile's responsibility. Lebowski then gives Guzzler grief for an unsubstantiated claim just like the one he did....

Personally, I tend towards believing Guzzler. As far as your answer about whether or not you're going to get further updates, I would bet that you're not going to get one... And I mean that in both senses, you will neither get information about another update, nor will you get the update itself. But I am not claiming insider knowledge, just my experience with T-Mobile....
    03-30-2014 06:02 PM
    We will never know for sure &* that's the truth.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    03-31-2014 02:27 AM
    we will see when the next wave up updates hits and we will be stuck with the waiting game to see what lame excuse T-Mobile comes up with this
    03-31-2014 01:09 PM

It's an easy thing to say (it's from confidential source) when you can't prove a thing and it's likely made up (whoever said it)
    "This is the truth, but I can't tell you where I got this TRUTH so you'll just have to take my word for it, because..."
    Nice fable. Next...
    Last edited by Mr Lebowski; 04-01-2014 at 12:25 AM.
    03-31-2014 06:35 PM
    Lebowski stated that according to "several twitter conversation with Nokia Care confirming a conversation (some blog) that Nokia had said in effect,
    it was they (NOKIA) who abandoned the 810 after Amber and no more updates." Note that he really doesn't back it up with any screen shots or links or anything. Then Guzzler states that per his research it's actually T-Mobile's responsibility. Lebowski then gives Guzzler grief for an unsubstantiated claim just like the one he did....

Personally, I tend towards believing Guzzler. As far as your answer about whether or not you're going to get further updates, I would bet that you're not going to get one... And I mean that in both senses, you will neither get information about another update, nor will you get the update itself. But I am not claiming insider knowledge, just my experience with T-Mobile....
    I'm not claiming to speak the absolute truth or claim that I can't "reveal my sources". He's claiming that in essence it's from a confidential inside source, but he can't reveal this so called source. I just read it in tweets by Nokia Care on Twitter and recalled what I read in some of their conversations. It was also posted online (not the tweets) that Nokia let the 810 give up the ghost, it was posted several times in this thread early this year. He's not even saying where he heard it, AND no one is asking for names.
    It doesn't pass the smell test so I say NO MEAL ( apologies to Jay Leno)

Here is what was reported that Nokia said ( not a blog oops, my bad) ,

Bad news for T-Mobile customers who own the Lumia 810, as Nokia recently confirmed it will not offer other major upgrades for the smartphone beyond the Lumia Amber.
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/T-Mob...e-416025.shtml
    The tweet(s) also back in mid January I'll look for, but I'm not spending a lifetime going back over hundreds of tweets by Nokia Care and those conversations that weren't a reply to a question I posted, but I'll give it a shot.

I haven't seen anything that supports "an inside source" or even actual quotes of the (unnamed) source let alone any hint of proof
    Last edited by Mr Lebowski; 04-01-2014 at 03:16 AM.
    04-01-2014 12:13 AM
    Today is a great day to say they will support the 810. (April Fools, ha!) Honestly I'm just gnashing my teeth and thrashing about. I was happy we got amber, and honestly I didn't expect much beyond that. I am of course, disappointed and so on and so forth, yadda yadda yadda.

Regardless of update status, I'll just hold on to this thing a bit longer, and experience what symbian users experienced. A slow death of their beloved devices. In a few years time, this forum, and all our posts will slip into the darkness un-noticed. Maybe in a few million years a new age of man will find our 810s scattered about the earth, silent monoliths of a time long gone. They'll worship it, and y'know... 2001 Space Odyssey references.
    sahib lopez and b23h like this.
    04-01-2014 03:36 AM
    Today is a great day to say they will support the 810. (April Fools, ha!) Honestly I'm just gnashing my teeth and thrashing about. I was happy we got amber, and honestly I didn't expect much beyond that. I am of course, disappointed and so on and so forth, yadda yadda yadda.

Regardless of update status, I'll just hold on to this thing a bit longer, and experience what symbian users experienced. A slow death of their beloved devices. In a few years time, this forum, and all our posts will slip into the darkness un-noticed. Maybe in a few million years a new age of man will find our 810s scattered about the earth, silent monoliths of a time long gone. They'll worship it, and y'know... 2001 Space Odyssey references.
    yikes Symbian users were loyal just like we are to the 810 minus to T-Mobile 😐
    04-01-2014 09:15 AM
    All hail the mighty Symbian! I held on to my N82 for five years before finally 'upgrading' to the 810. I'm not gonna give up on this phone that easily.
    sahib lopez likes this.
    04-01-2014 01:47 PM
    All hail the mighty Symbian! I held on to my N82 for five years before finally 'upgrading' to the 810. I'm not gonna give up on this phone that easily.
    same here minus the n82. I never had that phone since I was too young
    04-01-2014 02:00 PM
1,549 ... 5253545556 ...