08-14-2015 03:26 PM
1,549 ... 606162
tools
    I couldn't care less about firmware. In fact, Cyan removes bar code scanning, and the Nokia System apps bring 90% of the new features as long as you have the latest OS, firmware or not, so to it I say good riddance.
    It isn't Cyan that removes bar code scanner. It's the latest update that takes it away :'(
    08-04-2014 01:43 PM
    I want to help you. ...please point out the person that's making you read this thread. ..

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    You have my wife and unless I read this thread she's EOL.
    08-04-2014 07:01 PM
    It isn't Cyan that removes bar code scanner. It's the latest update that takes it away :'(
    Nope. The Preview currently, before today, pushed the same version of 8.1 that's pushed along side Cyan (the Preview pushes not only Pre-release, but also RTM and General Availability updates), and I still had it. I'm installing GDR1, as it was pushed today via the preview, and will let you know if it is still there.

It is the combination of Cyan and the latest version that removes it, as far as I've seen on my device.

As of GDR1, my phone no longer contains additional vision search options.

My point still stands, Bing Vision aside, that most System apps bring the new features sans-firmware, so there's very little use for new firmware unless you own a newer, high-end Lumia model.
    _______________________________________________________________________________

Side Note: Man this site update screwed up the text input. Strikethrough don't work. Horizontal Dividers don't work (the line you see above this is a bunch of underscores { _ })...
    Last edited by Dustin Hodges; 08-05-2014 at 03:39 PM.
    08-05-2014 02:43 PM
    Pulled the trigger on the 1520, this is my last attempt with Windows. After little support for my HD2, HD7, and the 810, I don't trust t mobile with Microsoft phones.

b23h likes this.
    08-05-2014 09:20 PM
    Nope. The Preview currently, before today, pushed the same version of 8.1 that's pushed along side Cyan (the Preview pushes not only Pre-release, but also RTM and General Availability updates), and I still had it. I'm installing GDR1, as it was pushed today via the preview, and will let you know if it is still there.

It is the combination of Cyan and the latest version that removes it, as far as I've seen on my device.

As of GDR1, my phone no longer contains additional vision search options.

My point still stands, Bing Vision aside, that most System apps bring the new features sans-firmware, so there's very little use for new firmware unless you own a newer, high-end Lumia model.
    With my Lumia 810, running Amber firmware (3043.0000.1326.0017), with WP8.1U1 (8.10.14147.180) Bing vision will only scan QR codes now :(

Which sucks for me, because I used the bar code scanning quite a bit for price comparisons. Go to store, find what I needed, scan the barcode, find the lowest price and then ask for price match.
    08-06-2014 10:51 AM
    Pulled the trigger on the 1520, this is my last attempt with Windows. After little support for my HD2, HD7, and the 810, I don't trust t mobile with Microsoft phones.

Hey Dr_8820, CONGRATS on your new 1520!!! Given you're fine with the size it should be a great phone. I'd like to have one if they shrunk it down to the size of an Icon/930 or so. CONGRATS, it's nice to see you in the land of WP again and I hope your experience is a good one.

Yea, as far as T-Mobile and WP devices I absolutely agree which is why I tend towards pointing the finger (whichever finger I feel like at the time) towards T-Mobile.
    Dr_8820 likes this.
    08-06-2014 11:14 AM
    Thanks bro! I was going to see what the 1525 had, but after reviewing my history with TMo bile and Microsoft, I decided to go in another direction. We'll see if I get burned. ..

b23h likes this.
    08-06-2014 11:52 AM

They seem to do well with the 521, but i agree that their track record isn't the best.
    08-06-2014 03:08 PM
    Hello amazing WP Central peeps. I know I am late to the game, but I want to update my Mom's 810 to DP... can someone please seed the Amber update for a bit so I can get her past that hump? Unless there is another way I don't know about... It would be much appreciated!
    08-10-2014 10:17 PM
    Hello amazing WP Central peeps. I know I am late to the game, but I want to update my Mom's 810 to DP... can someone please seed the Amber update for a bit so I can get her past that hump? Unless there is another way I don't know about... It would be much appreciated!
    Couldn't you go to setting > phone update ? Unless tmobile stopped that update too ._.
    b23h and metalchick719 like this.
    08-10-2014 10:58 PM
    Are you trying to get the DP, or need help installing it. ..?

b23h likes this.
    08-11-2014 12:49 AM
    I doubt if TMO took Amber off of their update repository, but then again, with TMO, ya just never no. Go to Settings and Update, do so. After that, enroll in Developer Preview from your PC, install the DP app on the 810, then hit update again. Have your phone plugged in and be prepared for four or five updates to be installed, one at a time. Updates TMO couldn't bother us 810 users with.
    b23h, sahib lopez and Dr_8820 like this.
    08-12-2014 11:09 AM
    I doubt if TMO took Amber off of their update repository, but then again, with TMO, ya just never no. Go to Settings and Update, do so. After that, enroll in Developer Preview from your PC, install the DP app on the 810, then hit update again. Have your phone plugged in and be prepared for four or five updates to be installed, one at a time. Updates TMO couldn't bother us 810 users with.
    Once more, a friendly reminder that the developer account registration is not necessary. Merely unlocking the phone with the registration tool from either Visual Studio 2013 (RC Update 2 or higher) for Windows or the Windows Phone Lite SDK is enough. After that, it's just an app away from joining the preview.

Also, I'm pretty sure amber is still available, but I may be wrong. Since updates actually reside on Microsoft's servers, not T-Mobile's, and since its been carrier approved, you should be able to update as long as Microsoft doesn't purge the update from their server (and I doubt they would. No reason too.).
    08-22-2014 04:30 AM
    I cannot get my 810 to Amber with OTA. Looks like they pulled the update. I am going to brave the TMobile store early one morning and see if they can get an update for Amber pushed to me. If not I will have to find a way to flash it. I am assuming if I use the Nokia Software Recovery tool it won't get me to Amber. Nokia/MS and TMobile tech support are totally useless..
    10-23-2014 11:06 PM
    I cannot get my 810 to Amber with OTA. Looks like they pulled the update. I am going to brave the TMobile store early one morning and see if they can get an update for Amber pushed to me. If not I will have to find a way to flash it. I am assuming if I use the Nokia Software Recovery* tool it won't get me to Amber. Nokia/MS and TMobile tech support are totally useless..
    Probably the only way you'll get it is if someone saved it as a torrent/file.
    What is the firmware version number I might have it.
    What happens when you connect to NSU aka Nokia Software Updater for Retail ? (not NSR*)
    10-24-2014 03:15 AM
    The Nokia Software Recovery should put the Amber firmware on your phone. As it is the last "official" version that T-Mo approved. I haven't played with the NSR for quite awhile now, but I have a feeling that there might be some hiccups coming with redirection of all of servers from "Nokia" to "Microsoft". But they will be ironed out as they pop up.
    Asskickulater likes this.
    10-24-2014 12:18 PM
    MS won't own those servers will they ? NOKIA has other phones other than WP and those customers need to access both NSR and NSU, don't you think ?
    10-24-2014 02:30 PM
    I haven't tried. Honestly it works well and I picked it up for virtually nothing. I have a 521 on Developer Preview and 8.1. No big deal if I dont get the 810 on it. I might just pick up a 925, keep the 810 as a spare and pass on the 521 to someone in need. I looked at the 635 but honestly, outside of 4gLTE it has nothing on the 810. Nothing at all
    10-24-2014 07:36 PM
    If TMO had given WFC to the 810, I never would have bothered getting into the 925 swamp.

Run DforP, it's great. No WFC, but otherwise, sterling.
    10-24-2014 08:30 PM
    Jeff Williams,
    I know my thread is ancient, but take a peek and see if it helps...
    I've reupped the torrent and I'll keep the file shared for at least a day or two...
    Mr Lebowski likes this.
    10-24-2014 09:56 PM
    Jeff Williams,
    I know my thread is ancient, but take a peek and see if it helps...
    I've reupped the torrent and I'll keep the file shared for at least a day or two...
    I got Amber from this way back...
    10-25-2014 02:45 AM
    MS won't own those servers will they ? NOKIA has other phones other than WP and those customers need to access both NSR and NSU, don't you think ?
    I thought Nokia no longer has anymore phones. MS bought the entire phone division and killed the Asha line.
    Mr Lebowski likes this.
    10-25-2014 11:07 AM
    Type Designator RM-878
    Model Name Nokia Lumia 810
    Product Code 059R380
    Imei ***********5818
    Software Version 1532.2108.1242.2001

Nokia Software Updater for Retail Does not see any downloads for this model.

nsu1.jpg

nsu2.jpg

But as you can see NUS shows that I do have a OS downloaded.
    Question, how do I force an upgrade? I have NUS, Windows Phore Recovery, Nokia Phoenix, and Nokia Care Suite. What do I have to do to flash this update to my phone?
    08-13-2015 02:12 AM
    Type Designator RM-878
    Model Name Nokia Lumia 810
    Product Code 059R380
    Imei ***********5818
    Software Version 1532.2108.1242.2001

Nokia Software Updater for Retail Does not see any downloads for this model.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NSU1.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	110405

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NSU2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	110406

But as you can see NUS shows that I do have a OS downloaded.
    Question, how do I force an upgrade? I have NUS, Windows Phore Recovery, Nokia Phoenix, and Nokia Care Suite. What do I have to do to flash this update to my phone?
    LSR should take you to Amber just scroll to the bottom of the page for LSR. FAQ - How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA
    Shawn Lancaster likes this.
    08-14-2015 03:26 PM
1,549 ... 606162