Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I would like to suggest another method to contact Nokia about firmware updates.

1.Go into settings on your Lumia phone.
2. Got into email+ accounts
3. Make a nokia account right on the phone.
4. scroll down to feedback about to Nokia under settings.
5. Give them feedback and in the comments ask for the firmware to activate storage check.

I feel we need to assault from all avenues!

+1 done!

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I've done that several times, I have been ignored because they think that I'm the only person with this problem...KEEP THE PRESSURE UP!! I've been scarce, mainly because I can't sign in to the wpcentral app or board express pro app.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I've done that several times, I have been ignored because they think that I'm the only person with this problem...KEEP THE PRESSURE UP!! I've been scarce, mainly because I can't sign in to the wpcentral app or board express pro app.

Try to delete the account settings on the app and try logging in again (if you have not done that already)

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
well then my answer does justify it, nokia cant do it till they release an update to their firmware...it again boils down to os and firmware upgrades..

Wow. You know the entire thread is titled "Lumina 810 -EOL- What about Firmware updates? It is my expectation that anyone that has spent some time responding on the thread is aware of the need for firmware updates to enable Storage Check. It did not take me long to find a comment by her that clearly shows she is aware of that.

04-29-2013, 02:32 PM #186 Report Post
Well, that does it for me. I just went ahead and ordered a black Rogers Lumia 920 from Negri (really wanted either yellow or white, but black was cheaper and I don't have a lot of money to throw around). I'm tired of this guessing game as to whether we'll be getting the firmware updates we need with the Storage Check feature.

I'm sure I could find other examples as well...

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Wow. You know the entire thread is titled "Lumina 810 -EOL- What about Firmware updates? It is my expectation that anyone that has spent some time responding on the thread is aware of the need for firmware updates to enable Storage Check. It did not take me long to find a comment by her that clearly shows she is aware of that.

04-29-2013, 02:32 PM #186 Report Post
Well, that does it for me. I just went ahead and ordered a black Rogers Lumia 920 from Negri (really wanted either yellow or white, but black was cheaper and I don't have a lot of money to throw around). I'm tired of this guessing game as to whether we'll be getting the firmware updates we need with the Storage Check feature.

I'm sure I could find other examples as well...

Ehh..i am sorry but what is this about? I am just trying to understand what you are trying to imply when you quoted me.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I just pulled my 810 out of its box, turned it on and sent my feedback to Nokia. Said it's a great phone but that it sucks that T-Mobile EOL'd it after only 5 months and that it desperately needs the 1308 firmware with Storage Check.

It sort of dismayed me to realize that the 620 I got for my mom (that's from Malaysia, no less) came with 1308 out of the box and the 810 gets zilch.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Ehh..i am sorry but what is this about? I am just trying to understand what you are trying to imply when you quoted me.

Since I guess b23h wasn't getting through, let me clear it up for you. Metalchick was expressing how frustrating it was that the 810 hasn't gotten the needed firmware (1308 as you rightfully pointed out), even though it is on the 920 and the 620 - which has the same 8GB internal storage as the 810. Hell, the 521 has it too. She really wasn't asking a question.

I will send feedback to Nokia too but it is still on T-Mobile because the 810 is a carrier variant, sadly.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
^^ screw T-Mobile man, i am really pissed off on them. 810 is more rugged than my current 920 from Rogers. I hope we ateast get os updates (to Blue)

frageelay

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Realized today that I have almost 3.5GB of other... I delete games after I've beat them and I have almost no apps on my phone. I rarely use it for internet and I have never had the box checked to allow sites to store stuff. However, it isn't my primary phone. I have a Nexus 4 that I switched from to get the 810 but soon grabbed another one because of a few things I missed (read personal preference). I called T-Mobile today and got an unlock code for the 810. I'm going to try to sell it on Craigslist, grab an 820 and get it unlocked. I use the Lumia as a backup phone for my Nexus and my husband's 920. Sucks this is a decent phone but if Nokia and T-Mobile are giving up on it I will too.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Realized today that I have almost 3.5GB of other... I delete games after I've beat them and I have almost no apps on my phone. I rarely use it for internet and I have never had the box checked to allow sites to store stuff. However, it isn't my primary phone. I have a Nexus 4 that I switched from to get the 810 but soon grabbed another one because of a few things I missed (read personal preference). I called T-Mobile today and got an unlock code for the 810. I'm going to try to sell it on Craigslist, grab an 820 and get it unlocked. I use the Lumia as a backup phone for my Nexus and my husband's 920. Sucks this is a decent phone but if Nokia and T-Mobile are giving up on it I will too.

It sucks indeed. At least with your 820 you will get the storage check. Sign the petition below before you reset and sell your 810! We NEED to get the word out...

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-810/225195-810-users-want-no-other.html

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
^^ screw T-Mobile man, i am really pissed off on them. 810 is more rugged than my current 920 from Rogers. I hope we ateast get os updates (to Blue)

yea, I am equally upset and plan on moving from T-Mobile this week to Net10. I fear that all cell phone carriers have equally sh*tty customer service, but T-Mobile has really pissed me off.

About the OS updates for the 810, that I think is up for question as well. If there is no need for a firmware update to enable this or that for the GDR2/GDR3 and Blue releases, then I would expect that one way or another people with an 810 should be able to update it. If there is a need for firmware updates, then I really don't know.

Hell it is possible that Nokia and T-Mobile are in fact working on firmware to enable storage check and that they will do the same for the GDR and Blue releases. MAYBE. However if I were them and I was working on the firmware, I certainly would tell my customers that. Their lack of real communication is why this thread is still active and is why a number of us are busy jumping ship.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
WTF... They're recommending you to contact their legal team??

That twitter page isn't coming up for me at all. I wonder if it is a temporary problem of if the page was yanked like T-Mobile yanked the page about firmware updates for the 810 from their forum.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
That twitter page isn't coming up for me at all. I wonder if it is a temporary problem of if the page was yanked like T-Mobile yanked the page about firmware updates for the 810 from their forum.

I saw instantly that it was a broken link and just copied and pasted the URL into my browser. You can see Dr's comment replied to by them and it's kinda freaky.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I think b23h added an anchor tag
Here is the link:

https://mobile.twitter.com/winphonesupport

er..... I didn't add anything only clicked on Dr8820's link. However thanks for the correct link.

I see one of Microsoft's responses: "At this time we have passed this along and the current option are to remove content off the phone or try hard resetting the...^EB and I hold the response in contempt. It's absurd to for some people to hard reset the phone every few months just to enable standard functioning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb