Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Some people here think we will get the update, some people (including myself) think we won't. We just have to wait and see...

..... i'm on the fence lol... i've actually contacted nokia directly yesterday and was informed (YEAH just as i expected) "no official informed statement in regards whether 810's will get an update".. and even if we do hypothetically speaking - still will need carrier approval. fml.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
For folks looking to use the JUMP! program announced by t-mo, they just took another **** on the 810. Talked to the assistant store manager at the t-mo store by the job and the value of the 810 is $90 for trade-in. $90!?!? Again, t-mo screws us. You cannot sell this thing used for the cost of a brand new 521...

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
925 drops soon... Getting ready to harass TMO again over getting some kind of answer. If we don't get an update/answer we can all go to the TMO HQ and raise our 810s up with gifs of pitchforks and torches. Hopefully all 34 of us can make a difference.

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
925 drops soon... Getting ready to harass TMO again over getting some kind of answer. If we don't get an update/answer we can all go to the TMO HQ and raise our 810s up with gifs of pitchforks and torches. Hopefully all 34 of us can make a difference.

I'm all in! Let me do a hard reset first so I can make room for the gif...

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site

I tend to think that the release of the 925 will mean nothing for updates of the 810. On the other hand I still believe that if GDR 2 comes out and there is no firmware update for the 810 either fixing the storage issue or enabling the Nokia Storage Check feature, then it is time for the pitchforks....

ramonq619

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the Nokia Lumia 810. I'm mad about no support but I do think T-Mobile will update the 810. This will happen. Once the 925 is released. Not right away but maybe 1-2 months after.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
For folks looking to use the JUMP! program announced by t-mo, they just took another **** on the 810. Talked to the assistant store manager at the t-mo store by the job and the value of the 810 is $90 for trade-in. $90!?!? Again, t-mo screws us. You cannot sell this thing used for the cost of a brand new 521...

Totally SMDFH right now... we just didn't get raped... we got GANGBANGED.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I tend to think that the release of the 925 will mean nothing for updates of the 810. On the other hand I still believe that if GDR 2 comes out and there is no firmware update for the 810 either fixing the storage issue or enabling the Nokia Storage Check feature, then it is time for the pitchforks....

def got the point... in the meantime, i'mma make the best out of this device before jumping to another WP8.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

$90??? Holy crap, that's highway robbery. I never did get my $50 rebate card because I was worried about how I'd bought the phone (online) but still had a 200MB data plan, which was the reason they wouldn't let me buy it in store. I paid $150 for it, but still... What about everyone who paid full price???

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
$90??? Holy crap, that's highway robbery. I never did get my $50 rebate card because I was worried about how I'd bought the phone (online) but still had a 200MB data plan, which was the reason they wouldn't let me buy it in store. I paid $150 for it, but still... What about everyone who paid full price???

You didn't get it for $150. Not with that 2 year contract you signed. You're still paying full price. If not more over time.

markdotinc

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

This is absolutely absurd. I paid as much for my 810 as a 920 would have cost me, even though it's a ****tier phone--purely so that I could stay with T-Mobile. Well, screw that. Never again. This time, I actually prefer the 925 to the 1020, but I'll be damned if I ever get a T-Mobile phone again.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
You didn't get it for $150. Not with that 2 year contract you signed. You're still paying full price. If not more over time.

Actually, I'm no longer on that two-year contract. I paid a migration fee to go over to a $50 Value Simple Choice plan. Got out of my contract. Okay, I had to fork over a bit of money, but I'm not sorry I did it. I'm using a Rogers 920 now, have been since early May. Of course, I do still have my 810 as a backup phone, though.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site

same situation with me.. upon the purchase of this device i signed a rebate form for $50 MIR but never got it... then i called maybe about 2 months later (coz it says rebates typically takes 6-8 weeks to process) so i thought i'd check in for it and informed that my purchase was not qualified for the rebate amount coz i was under contract and ONLY NEW customers are qualified to get the rebate... way to screw a long time customer... best part of it is i was never told about this in the first place upon signing... sounds like i'mma have to ***** at them for the 2nd time.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I paid $99.99 ( plus tax based on full price) thru Best Buy Mobile Solutions with a 2 year contract @ $50. for the Value Plan (or whatever it's called) w/ unlimited talk, text and 500 MB data speed and that's it, I don't pay anything more for the Lumia 810 and they unlocked it because I've been with the Germans since 2008 and they appreciate loyalty (sort of)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
same situation with me.. upon the purchase of this device i signed a rebate form for $50 MIR but never got it... then i called maybe about 2 months later (coz it says rebates typically takes 6-8 weeks to process) so i thought i'd check in for it and informed that my purchase was not qualified for the rebate amount coz i was under contract and ONLY NEW customers are qualified to get the rebate... way to screw a long time customer... best part of it is i was never told about this in the first place upon signing... sounds like i'mma have to ***** at them for the 2nd time.

I could have gotten that $50 rebate, but I was hesitant to do so because at the store when I first tried to get the 810, I was hassled by the sales rep as she told me I needed to sign up for the $35 per month 5GB data plan. That was ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS and utterly unacceptable (lol, I ranted in a thread about it up here), especially when I have never even come close to using up the 200MB of data I had before early May. Thought I would run into a similar issue if I attempted to collect my rebate when they saw that, at the time, I had only 300 minutes, 500 texts and 200MB of data. I honestly didn't think it was worth it.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I got it free as well as got the rebate as part of corporate discount. As much I am loving the Rogers 920, I still hope updates come to the 810 (my Dad is currently using it, he's not a power user and hence not worried about space). And I am much more eyeing the 925 right now since I know if T-Mobile f***s-up again, I can still flash an unbranded ROM using NCS.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I could have gotten that $50 rebate, but I was hesitant to do so because at the store when I first tried to get the 810, I was hassled by the sales rep as she told me I needed to sign up for the $35 per month 5GB data plan. That was ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS and utterly unacceptable (lol, I ranted in a thread about it up here), especially when I have never even come close to using up the 200MB of data I had before early May. Thought I would run into a similar issue if I attempted to collect my rebate when they saw that, at the time, I had only 300 minutes, 500 texts and 200MB of data. I honestly didn't think it was worth it.

The thing about T Mobile and T Mobile stores is they (store) don't and can't offer then same deal as online, the stores hate it so if they said you need to sign up for a 5GB plan for $35. then your only choice would have been to buy online or refuse, but that's the parameters that the stores work within and it makes it difficult for the stores -which are T Mobile stores- to compete with online prices and deals.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
When I received my Lumia 810, I was out of contract with the HD7, and told them I was jumping ship...they paid my bill for a month if I purchased the phone and I got the rebate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077