Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
oh, I will say one thing though. MS is moving WAY TOO SLOWLY fixing issues like having separate volume control over media and ringing and such and how about custom notifications. Also FIX THE FREAKING OTHER STORAGE ISSUE!!!

yea well obviously Nokia's doing more on their part than MS.... but then again, Nokia needs MS to stay upfloat and stay competitive to keep that #3 spot.. Both companies will have to do more than just pumping out low-cost WP8 devices to catch up with iOS and Android...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I own a G. Nexus too. I do like Android, ICS onward is quite smooth and versatile in its power and true customization options but...my WP gives me better battery life...the stock camera app and those like proshot and cam360 are killer, and I don't feel like I have to tinker the OS by going in and ripping out bloat from deep in the guts of the ROM to get it how I want. That's why I chose the 810...i missed WP from the time I sold my Focus S and didn't have the cash for the 920.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
oh, I will say one thing though. MS is moving WAY TOO SLOWLY fixing issues like having separate volume control over media and ringing and such and how about custom notifications. Also FIX THE FREAKING OTHER STORAGE ISSUE!!!

well for your question for that what I found on wmpoweruser by a tweet by joe they state that gdr2 fixed the other storage but then again if tmobile passes the update we will see but here is the link
Joe Belfiore: GDR2 fixes “other storage” issue | WMPoweruser
never mind its already posted on this site

Last edited:

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Well so far, I'm seeing good results with GDR2 on 925. My other was at about 1.8Gb yesterday after restoring and downloading tons of apps. I looked on Storage Check and it could only clear 600mb of temp files. Hmph, dismayed, I left it alone. Just now I checked my Other storage and am seeing only 580mb in there. Say what?!?! Storage Check can clear an additional 60mb, but I'm just going to leave it alone for now.

This is me under the impression that 925 has GDR2 (I know it has Amber... That is clearly stated with text in the about screen (in an amber yellow highlight)), but they've definitely done something right!

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I can't go in detail more, but the information is confirmed for the operator variants of 810 822 928.

yahhhh? who knows that info was confirmed the info that we are getting the updated we wanted or the info that we Aren't going to get any updates. I'm just speculating

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
yahhhh? who knows that info was confirmed the info that we are getting the updated we wanted or the info that we Aren't going to get any updates. I'm just speculating

What will likely happen is what has always happened...the global style models get the update first, then the carrier variants. Notice how has been no word of VZW 8X getting GDR 2 yet...perhaps they're waiting to iron the kinks out, but VZW has always moved slow on updates. AT&T probably won't announce the update for the 820, 920 & 8X until it is close to ready in order to continue the rehab of their "preferred partner" image by seemingly being timely with the update releases. Yup, more gamesmanship on the part of the carriers...

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure I understood you. Which information is confirmed?

psst, " I have some privileged knowledge but I can't tell you exactly what it is, or where I got THIS information but I'll to make you think that I actually have information by saying certain word like 810, 822, 928 and being really vague you think I have information about something that you're REALLY interested in, so you fill in the blanks and I got you hooked you dumb *** fish :grincry: and I surely won't say anything of substance, because if I did, I'd have to back it up but by being vague and secretive I can play it cool and keep you guessing, but in reality I'm just f-ing with you and I'm LMAO :winktongue:

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
We will see if I was right or not. :smile:
Now it's an IF or not ?

I can't go in detail more, but the information is confirmed for the operator variants of 810 822 928.

You should be saying if you're not just making things up.

JUST WAIT and see I GUARANTEE THAT I HAVE THE RIGHT INFORMATION.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I paid full price, off-contract, back in November. I have an old plan that won't let me do upgrades without raising the price of my plan anyway. I paid $99 for the 2-year Assure warranty, so that is probably why they were able to help me so long after purchase. Either the insurance deposit was waived, or I was given a one-time "sorry you're having issues and your device went EOL so early" pass... but I did ask and my insurance was transferred over to the 925 (I was also reminded that this was a one-time deal, I can't move insurance between any more devices).

For those that don't know, the Assure warranty at Microsoft Stores allows you to turn in your old phone and walk out of the store with a brand new one - exact same phone, of course. They don't do repairs.

Mystictrust... Mutiny!! lol jumped ship on us huh? Yea I see the ship sinking too, maybe we can use our 810's as oars and paddle to a safe harbor oh wait they EOL'd the harbor s-o-b! Might as well torch the ship and swim to the safest carrier unfortunately tmob is still the better deal damn!....

You were a very strong advocate for this thread and keeping the band marching. I'm gonna miss you man! Good luck with your new toy I'm thinking by the time next year in May I'll be able to hopefully get a Catwalk hoping it has HDMI and better storage. Dropped my 810 face down on the concrete today fell out of my bike pouch and hit about 4 ft face down and the back cover flew off. I'm like oh great thinking everything was boinked. To my surprise nothing happened not even an impact mark weird man really weird can't even break the damn thing lol!

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I read his previous posts and it seems English isn't his mother tongue. I also noticed he seems to have access to some information from Nokia or Carriers.
...unless his information is coming from T-Mobile, it's useless as Microsoft and Nokia has issued updates...none of which the Nokia Lumia 810 has seen since January.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Mystictrust... Mutiny!! lol jumped ship on us huh? Yea I see the ship sinking too, maybe we can use our 810's as oars and paddle to a safe harbor oh wait they EOL'd the harbor s-o-b! Might as well torch the ship and swim to the safest carrier unfortunately tmob is still the better deal damn!....

You were a very strong advocate for this thread and keeping the band marching. I'm gonna miss you man! Good luck with your new toy I'm thinking by the time next year in May I'll be able to hopefully get a Catwalk hoping it has HDMI and better storage. Dropped my 810 face down on the concrete today fell out of my bike pouch and hit about 4 ft face down and the back cover flew off. I'm like oh great thinking everything was boinked. To my surprise nothing happened not even an impact mark weird man really weird can't even break the damn thing lol!

Sorry to see you go Mystic, but congrats on the new device. I'm hanging tough, as I like the 925 too but don't trust t-mo and being stuck on another carrier branded device. I may hold onto my 810 a little longer and grab an unlocked 920...hopefully by then Amber is out. I'd only get a 925 if it is the 32GB model.

@smurfercom, I'm not surprised at the 810's build...it is a tough phone, it's the Hephaestus/Vulcan of Greek/Roman myth...you forget how good it is in spite of the pub the other Lumias get...

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Now it's an IF or not ?

You should be saying if you're not just making things up.

JUST WAIT and see I GUARANTEE THAT I HAVE THE RIGHT INFORMATION.

No, you don't get to know if someone with inside info is giving you the correct info. Because they can lose their job if they have to prove who they are and how they know what they know. I've been in his shoes and whenever I do what he did, I get attacked by people like yourself.

Personally, I just stopped giving out tips. Not worth the bull****.

He's right. Wait and see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb