Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
By backup apps, I meant the way WP8 does it, it will reinstall them after the reset without you having to do so manually. Also, it DOES have the "large clock" and it DOES include the flip to silence.

So far the only thing that seems to be missing is FM Radio and WFC.

Windows Phone 8 GDR2 will include FM radio but not all phones will have it

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I am also late this this. As PB_H posted. Who, where, HOW, and where is it found? Checking on NCS and nothing coming up cept regular 1250.

Ditto here...

And PS - hopefully this works, but it is a link to NCS 2.6 that will automatically update to 3.0.8 after startup. - https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

And here is a link to the XAP for T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling - https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror - which should work unless it has been updated at the Store level.

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
How about this which is on the 925 Smart camera capture the best moment: Accidental remove unwanted objects from the scene. Select the best shot and precise moment. Sequense take a group of images with advanced face, smile and blink detection. The, best 'face for each person is automatically selected into a single, best' shot.

OK and once when I did a hard reset there was question that was shown and I missed it or ignored it so all my new apps where not reinstalled -do you remember what that was, I don't want to have to reinstall manually. Luckily the phone was new so I only had to install a few.

I had Smart Shoot before updating. My wife has an 810 that I've not updated yet, and there are some slight differences between the Smart Shoot on the two phones. So take that for what it's worth.

As for the reinstall process, don't bypass the part were you enter in your live address, because that's where your backups are stored. Also, I think there is a pretty obvious step where it asks if you want your backup loaded so you should not skip that. It does mention something along the lines of your backup settings will happen over cellular data to start with, but once it goes through a little 0-100% scrollbar you can then go into settings and connect to WiFi so the remainder of the backup (namely the app installs) will not use up your data.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I had Smart Shoot before updating. My wife has an 810 that I've not updated yet, and there are some slight differences between the Smart Shoot on the two phones. So take that for what it's worth.

As for the reinstall process, don't bypass the part were you enter in your live address, because that's where your backups are stored. Also, I think there is a pretty obvious step where it asks if you want your backup loaded so you should not skip that. It does mention something along the lines of your backup settings will happen over cellular data to start with, but once it goes through a little 0-100% scrollbar you can then go into settings and connect to WiFi so the remainder of the backup (namely the app installs) will not use up your data.

I guess the newer Smart Shoot has a way to remove unwanted objects from the scene. Cool. I hope it's AOK can you post updates of any issues ?

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
If its for the 810 I would greatly appreciate it if you could torrent it up for us.

I'm working on it as we speak... I'm just including the entire 'rm-878' folder that is found in ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products as that seems to be all the necessary files. I'm guessing you'd just place the rm-878 folder in the Products folder I mentioned and then start up the Updater app and it should find it... I hope.

Edit: Okay, I've compressed into a .rar file since it made it considerably smaller. Let me know if there are any issues.

Edit: Removed link for bad file

Last edited:

dave0538

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I think it would just come down to, bsipe zipping up the rm-878 folder in the download location and all we do is when download it, extract place the folder in same location and just flashing it via the update software.

dave0538

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm working on it as we speak... I'm just including the entire 'rm-878' folder that is found in ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products as that seems to be all the necessary files. I'm guessing you'd just place the rm-878 folder in the Products folder I mentioned and then start up the Updater app and it should find it... I hope.

Sweets thank you very much, eagerly awaiting updates...

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Did you use utorrent or bittorrent to create the torrent file? Cause the tracker is showing up as invalid. Also is your torrent client running also?

I'm using qbittorent and it is running... i think/hope it was a botched tracker issue. i upped a new torrent to try... please be patient with me...

2nd one seems to be working as it's showing some steady uploading

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb