Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
My kids are pestering me to go for a bike ride... hope you're successful dave0538. I should be back in an hour in case there is an issue.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
It's downloading as an rar file, I guess I need a program to extract it but I don't know what do from there
I need a step by step, hopefully someone will have success installing it and post a how to

I don't know what the Nokia Software Updater for Retail doesn't list it anymore, or maybe it is there but they just change the version number so
we wouldn't download it.(wishful thinking) It lists as being 1.3 GB. What would happen if you downloaded the current version again ?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
are you using this one " attempt 2.torrent " this first one he made he had a booboo, so he remade it, and this is the one that works.

yes but it's only at 14% and has along way to go over 3hrs and I'd still need software to extract the rar file and I'm still not sure how to install it, I guess someone will try and post a how to.

dave0538

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
yes but it's only at 14% and has along way to go over 3hrs and I'd still need software to extract the rar file and I'm still not sure how to install it, I guess someone will try and post a how to.

Will post once it dls how to installs. have a few ideas not sure which will work until it finish dl.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
So, what happened? Nokia removed the link?

They probably heard about it and when 810 owners linked it blocked it for 810 owners or maybe all phones but it's not there anymore just the current version
UNLESS they just changed the number to discourage us but the only way to find out would be to update and I don't know what will happen if it's the same version that I have I guess just like any time you install a program twice -nothing happens but I don't know with a phone.

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site

I rar'd it to cut it down in size from 1300 MB to 521 MB. Had I left it as is, you'd only be 5% of the way done instead of 14%. And as more people get it and continue to share, d/l times will go even faster (as Upload speeds are a fraction of d/l speeds). While waiting for it to finished, google and download either winrar or 7-zip. Both free and both will uncompress the file.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry guys... just realized my upload speed was capped... should go A LOT faster now

73% I still don't know how to install it, I guess someone will have a how to.
And thanks
NOKIA sucks -it works for the 810 but they don't want us to have it, What would happen if I downloaded the same version that I have ?
I guess they just created a patch that when an 810 was connected it no longer had the update unless it's the update but a different number to discourage us ( wishful thinking)
when I started to download it was 1.3GB (I think) but stopped because I realized it was the same version that I already have

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb