Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
And that's why you don't say it's not happening until you know it's not happening.

And why you don't **** on guys who say they have the inside scoop.

aldrinh

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
is the unofficial actually different from the official update?
if there is added features,or fixes, how can i get the official ota update?
because i installed the unofficial amber update and i dont see the official ota update
thanks,

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
is the unofficial actually different from the official update?
if there is added features,or fixes, how can i get the official ota update?
because i installed the unofficial amber update and i dont see the official ota update
thanks,

Seems the same. Listing does not show difference in version number (still 1326) and no additional feature. If there were any, it should be a different number. Now onto the 1328 firmware!!! Lol. j/k

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Err... Is it normal to see spinning gears on your phone after you install the update? I don't recall seeing that when I updated to Portico back in January.

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait to get home to download the update but I will miss reading all those entitled whining baby-ish comments. Flame away, guys. I've got my shades on and I'm so... coool! :cool:

booyasaka

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if there is any or minor differences between the update from TMO and the update that leaked about a week ago?

Edit: Ok just read JM_T's response ^ to same questions

booyasaka

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I really only notice noise in the live view, the picture doesn't have any more noise than before even with the built in. I've compared before and after images, the same ISO, same scene and expose on a 26 " monitor and they both look the same on a Samsung widescreen 26-inch LED monitor that cost over $600.
Hmm interesting, for some reason I notice that pictures I took with default settings seems more yellow-y. I don't know if its just my eyes or what. I think I'll have to do some comparing too.

aldrinh

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Seems the same. Listing does not show difference in version number (still 1326) and no additional feature. If there were any, it should be a different number. Now onto the 1328 firmware!!! Lol. j/k
thanks again,
just a question though, if there was a little bit of change, how would i go about updating it to the official?
would i need to manually install the past firmware(1250) and be able to update ota?
sorry im very new to windows phone.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not familiar with how WP implements the update check, if it's something like hash check (like torrents, passwords) or by simple version lookup... If it's the latter, it would be sloppy programming to use the same version number but with different features.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
anyone get wifi calling working with the official update? that will be the make or brake if I upgrade to the 925

I just tried twice to get it via my 810, but no dice as I'm getting an error. Oddly, the page will load on my 920, but of course I'm unable to re-download it on that phone (had it back in late June but uninstalled couple of weeks later after it didn't work).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99