Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I thought glance was supposed to show notifications (text, email, etc). All I see is the time and charging symbol (as it charges). Did I miss something?

Maynjo

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Seems the same. Listing does not show difference in version number (still 1326) and no additional feature. If there were any, it should be a different number. Now onto the 1328 firmware!!! Lol. j/k
Did you reupdate the same phone with the official update? And if so, how?

Maynjo

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
FYI, Just checked Nokia Smart Cam, Nokia Video Trimmer, and Nokia Video upload and they were all available for download on my 810. Pro cam was not.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I talked to a "Dion " @ T Mobile support last night about a problem syncing my E-mail (Had an error code ) and out of the blue he mention the grd2/amber update should be released in about 2 weeks and to keep looking for it ! ....I hope that this is a good sign that we will get the update . So I will wait a couple weeks more before I flash my phone .
You, sir, gave solid information instead of cryptic messages, and I applaud you...just got home after a long day of work...this is good news...I can have a working phone, which is what I paid for. I see the thread has been busy...I haven't read all the replies yet but I already saw one from someone who didn't say ish patting themselves on the back.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
So...having finally gotten the update, I have mixed reviews.

I like the double tap feature more than glance. Glance in its current state is useless to me as it doesn't show anything important. Double tap allows me to not use the power button as much to wake the phone, so that's more up my alley. Wish you could double tap to turn the screen off while on the lock screen too, but I guess some would say I'm asking for too much. I like the addition of color adjuster, although I liked my oversaturated colors (especially on the emerald theme). Smart cam finally works...had it installed when it was first launched before they blocked it from installing on the old portico update.

Overall it is a refresh and I will put it through its paces during tomorrow's commute. But I haven't seen anything that was worth flashing beforehand to get. My Other is still a healthy 2GB, although I should do cartwheels now that I saved about 800MB from it. Guess I need to look into that one more.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I'm more surprised that GDR2 came out on my Lumia 810 before my VZW 8X. To those who dropped cryptic clues about us getting this update, get a grip. You said nothing that was worth patting one on the back for. The only person I can possibly give a pass to as an "insider" was wazzupppp. Your inside information hasn't explained why there is no FM radio in the update. While it is possible you could be actual insiders, surely you see how counterproductive cryptic and very vague hints to a jilted user bade can be. Its the internet so people are free to do as they please, but I can say my cynicism has grounds in how lax t-mo has become some areas of its customer support.

As proven in the grand scheme of things GDR2 & 3 are scheduled as minor,updates. I'm curious to see how 8.1 roll out is handled. I just admit, the most ironic thing I read on WPCentral today was Daniel writing about the "discounted but popular" 810 in his post on Amber updates launched for the 810 & 521. If the 810 was so "popular", why'd they discontinued it? Guess Amber has now made us be 60k 810 owners instead of the less than 50k?

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I've got over a gig of free space but keep getting an error message and it won't download...might have to hard reset before I can update.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
FM radio is not present... which is kind of annoying since it was a features I was looking forward to the most. Oh well... might as well ask em directly.

We work hard to ensure our customers have the best possible experience with our phones. If a feature was left out it is because it dimished that, I don't have the specific details but there is no other reason we would leave that out. -Keith

There we have it ladies and gentlemen. FM radio is left off because it would diminish our experiences with our phones. I assume LTE would have diminished my experience as well.

Last edited:

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
FM radio is not present... which is kind of annoying since it was a features I was looking forward to the most. Oh well... might as well ask em directly.

There we have it ladies and gentlemen. FM radio is left off because it would diminish our experiences with our phones. I assume LTE would have diminished my experience as well.

So I guess VZW would say the same to the 928 users who don't have FM radio? Personally, it is bull****. t-mo always finds a way to stick it us somehow. I guess that's what happens when you feed too much at the Apple iTrough...you find a way to iStick it to your non apple customers...

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I would also like to thank some of you who were down with the cause by tweeting and emailing...I would like to think that the 4 or 5 of us made a difference! I would also like to thank everyone that sidestepped the snarky remarks made by some in this thread without it getting derailed...the true Lumia 810 supporters knew that there was an issue with this phone, we didn't feel "entitled" with our "childish, whiny behavior" as some poster said...once again, thank you to the true Lumia 810 supporters!

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I would also like to thank some of you who were down with the cause by tweeting and emailing...I would like to think that the 4 or 5 of us made a difference! I would also like to thank everyone that sidestepped the snarky remarks made by some in this thread without it getting derailed...the true Lumia 810 supporters knew that there was an issue with this phone, we didn't feel "entitled" with our "childish, whiny behavior" as some poster said...once again, thank you to the true Lumia 810 supporters!

Dr, you sound like an elected official who just made a victory speech after an election! I love it!

Seriously, i will always think Nokia missed the boat with the 8xx series. The 810 + 820 should have had 16GB internal. Especially since Nokia is going to apparently saturate the market again by releasing new models each quarter. I understand that they've only got a few more years as MSFT's preferred partner, but I am hopeful that MSFT doesn't screw them over with how they handle the OS going forward...

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I know some want this thread to close now, but there are still more updates coming...let's see how many months before T-Mobile "allows" the next update to bless the Nokia Lumia 810....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs