Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have disabled the new peek and double tap to wake option and its has improved the battery. You can give it a shot

Of the two, I use the double tap more, and perhaps that's the culprit. I like that one because Glance is a tad redundant to me and double tap makes me not abuse the power button as much as before.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
...GDR3 has been spotted...anyone ready to take bets on how long or if the Lumia 810 will get it...the other storage has still not been addressed...

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
...GDR3 has been spotted...anyone ready to take bets on how long or if the Lumia 810 will get it...the other storage has still not been addressed...

I won't make that bet, I am doubtful. However with MS buying the phone division of Nokia, there will be fewer chances of companies pointing their fingers at other companies saying "it's up to them to do X."

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I won't make that bet, I am doubtful. However with MS buying the phone division of Nokia, there will be fewer chances of companies pointing their fingers at other companies saying "it's up to them to do X."

MS hasn't done a thing about the music issue so MS owning that Nokia division means more of the same support = 0

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
MS hasn't done a thing about the music issue so MS owning that Nokia division means more of the same support = 0

The first hardware MP3 player came out in 1997. For Microsoft, 16 years later, still not be able to properly hand a music library is nothing short of deplorable. What a shame!

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
The first hardware MP3 player came out in 1997. For Microsoft, 16 years later, still not be able to properly hand a music library is nothing short of deplorable. What a shame!

I've been tweeting Nokia Care (@ NokiaHelps) and they are going really, WTF ? as tho they never have heard of the issue, I gave them links to discussions here and Microsoft Community to enlighten them.

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I've been tweeting Nokia Care (@ NokiaHelps) and they are going really, WTF ? as tho they never have heard of the issue, I gave them links to discussions here and Microsoft Community to enlighten them.

hmmm...interesting.. could be a fast track new update same as 8x? i mean some kind of "fix update" ??? sana....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
MS probably read the "things wrong after Amber/GDR2" and will substitute GDR3....
:excited:

Stuff like this has me looking into just getting an Ativ S instead...really cannot trust t-mo completely with updates, even though they've given us the first two so far...

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Stuff like this has me looking into just getting an Ativ S instead...really cannot trust t-mo completely with updates, even though they've given us the first two so far...
In the mean time I guess we'll have to do with Nokia moving glance, touch and display
to individual spots in system settings and see what Nokia has in store for us...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
In the mean time I guess we'll have to do with Nokia moving glance, touch and display
to individual spots in system settings and see what Nokia has in store for us...

I guess so. Still, I'm at a point where if I could sell my 810 for $200 to cover the rest of my EIP, I'd do it and put on the $100 extra and get an Ativ S.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
If there was a MSU for Retail like the NSU for Retail where I got the last update,
I wouldn't worry but I don't think there is a program to install (pirate) MS updates on their own.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
We will see how that works out. Still, I'm watching t-mo very closely. I may just hang tight and wait until I can get an u,locked or Rogers 1020. But I've learned my lesson about carrier models...as nice as the 925 is.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
We will see how that works out. Still, I'm watching t-mo very closely. I may just hang tight and wait until I can get an u,locked or Rogers 1020. But I've learned my lesson about carrier models...as nice as the 925 is.

I thought there was talk about the 925 coming to another US carrier, AT&T?? I would like to see that, because it would reduce the chances of getting shafted by T-Mobile with a carrier excusive. However I'd still like to see a 32gb 925.....

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I thought there was talk about the 925 coming to another US carrier, AT&T?? I would like to see that, because it would reduce the chances of getting shafted by T-Mobile with a carrier excusive. However I'd still like to see a 32gb 925.....

US Carriers don't have /share the same Lumia model "number" as an other carrier does, AT&T won't be getting the 925.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Right now, the only carrier branded phone I care to carry is my 8X, and that is simply because it is the Verizon model that has the wireless charging feature which I use alot. Otherwise, I'd not have it.

I understand that yes, the carriers have to make money and all that, and that's why they're testing new phones and providing service for current (popular) models, but, when t-mo has pulled what they have done on the past, and AT&T not updating the 920 until most likely after their 925 is on the market, you cannot blame me for my willingness to eschew them and keep my contact to just paying the monthly bill only.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte