Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi Dave. Can i ask a question? :smile:
I had hard reset my 810 and flashed it with Nokia software for Retail. Now i have Amber firmware again on my device so i don't see a few line like yours.
View attachment 42672

If Dave doesn't answer I will, BTW that picture in that link was taken over a month ago. When I flashed it with the pirated software via NSU for Retail my extra+info screen looked just like that but the following weeks we got system settings updates on a semi regular basis until it now -at least my extra+info screen looks just like yours with all that information too. So when you flashed all those missing updates that hadn't been loaded with the original pirated version of Amber had been installed, that's why his picture looks like that it's an old screenshot before all the updates. I'm sure it will continue to change as mini updates arrive.
That (!) sign, it's new in the last few days or at least in the last week.

howard mai

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
@PB_H: Thank you answered and explained me about it. Because i am not good in technologies.

When my 810 went down with several problems, i tried to hard reset and it was back but i can't find any Amber updates on internet. And i have choice to flash my device with hope that i will get Amber back and may have somes lastest updates too.

Now my device is good but i don't know what missing updates. Please let me know or may i'm going to flash it again ?
Ah i saw the line named: " warranty ... " but i don't see it on my device :((

Last edited:

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
@PB_H: Thank you answered and explained me about it. Because i am not good in technologies.

When my 810 went down with several problems, i tried to hard reset and it was back but i can't find any Amber updates on internet. And i have choice to flash my device with hope that i will get Amber back and may have somes lastest updates too.

Now my device is good but i don't know what missing updates. Please let me know or may i'm going to flash it again ?
Ah i saw the line named: " warranty ... " but i don't see it on my device :((

The updates arrive on the sly they are usually in the form of system updates, open settings/system then scroll down to the bottom does it show glance, touch and display as the last features in systems? if so you're probably up to date, if not they will arrive in the dead of night...:devil: And make sure in settings the phone update boxes are checked.
Also download this http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/sysapp-pusher/19d44d9e-f18e-4df1-9bce-36335242ed2e
open it swipe left to find Nokia and hit the the ... and then the hit settings/gear icon it will take you to Nokia, Samsung and HTC enable Nokia then go back to that page hit the icon with the tablet and gear and it will update all those in the list that you have downloaded plus all the system settings (scroll down under Nokia to see what's there) It maybe take awhile if those aren't up to date. You can even with some tricks download some of those HTC and Samsung apps listed. Anything in their system list won't work. I downloaded Beats Audio to setting hoping it would increase the bass in Music but of course we don't have Beats Audio so it just takes up space and 1MB. I downloaded Apps Folder and Video Trimmer and Mini Diary from Samsung ( a better trimmer than Nokia's) and they are worth it.

Last edited:

howard mai

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
The updates arrive on the sly they are usually in the form of system updates, open settings/system then scroll down to the bottom does it show glance, touch and display as the last features in systems? if so you're probably up to date, if not they will arrive in the dead of night...:devil: And make sure in settings phone update's boxes are checked.

Glance and Touch and Display have been showed on my System menu after get another updates from Extras + info ... I have used sysapp pusher to update it.
But i still don't know why Warranty Registration: 1.1.0.4 didn't appear on extras + info.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Glance and Touch and Display have been showed on my System menu after get another updates from Extras + info ... I have used sysapp pusher to update it.
But i still don't know why Warranty Registration: 1.1.0.4 didn't appear on extras + info.

Warranty Registration doesn't appear on mine either, who cares, I register with Nokia when I bought it they have the info. I also just now connected with NSU and it says: In -Warranty in the USA, so I'm covered and I don't have that Warranty Registration notice. Why worry ?

Last edited:

howard mai

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Warranty Registration doesn't appear on mine either, who cares, I register with Nokia when I bought it they have the info. I also just now connected with NSU and it is says: In -Warranty in the USA so I'm covered and I don't have that Warranty Registration notice. Why worry ?

Yeah. I am connecting with NSU and it show like you. I took the question out my head.
Now, i am waiting for new update firmware

Thank you PB_H.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
...but will T-Mobile release it? ....will T-Mobile wait for Blue?....so called insider, what's up?...don't drop cryptic clues insider.....(just having some fun with the cryptic messages...still)

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
...but will T-Mobile release it? ....will T-Mobile wait for Blue?....so called insider, what's up?...don't drop cryptic clues insider.....(just having some fun with the cryptic messages...still)

t-mo is waiting for the 925 to sell first and we may end up being blue in the face before we see that update...I'm itching about that Ativ S for $260 brand new on expansys USA. Now that's a deal...

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
t-mo is waiting for the 925 to sell first and we may end up being blue in the face before we see that update...I'm itching about that Ativ S for $260 brand new on expansys USA. Now that's a deal...

Then we will do what we did on August 5 when we thought TM wouldn't release the last one
someone will grab it create a torrent and we'll install a pirated version like we did with Amber/GDR2

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Then we will do what we did on August 5 when we thought TM wouldn't release the last one
someone will grab it create a torrent and we'll install a pirated version like we did with Amber/GDR2

now if MSFT's ownership of Nokia kicks in next year, will they release those pirated versions?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
now if MSFT's ownership of Nokia kicks in next year, will they release those pirated versions?

I think some could find it on NSU after it was officially released so "they" could copy the info and those weren't
pirated but if they copy and distribute then those of us who don't get it would be getting a pirated version of the official
version. The one that showed up on NSU in early August wasn't the official release, I believe it was a trial balloon.

plc001

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have the Nokia 810. I am having problems with the storage at the point that it won't do normal tasks like downloading email etc. The amber update would solve that problem if I am not mistaking, is is still available for download somewhere? Thanks for your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb