Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

L0KII

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have the Nokia 810. I am having problems with the storage at the point that it won't do normal tasks like downloading email etc. The amber update would solve that problem if I am not mistaking, is is still available for download somewhere? Thanks for your help.
now the OTA firmware update has been stopped for some problems. this is what TMO tells.. you can always download somewhere btw.. About your storage problem, you can perform an hard reset, or try app like shrink storage..

plc001

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
now the OTA firmware update has been stopped for some problems. this is what TMO tells.. you can always download somewhere btw.. About your storage problem, you can perform an hard reset, or try app like shrink storage..

Hi, thanks for the suggestions, I will give that a try. Can you tell where I can download the sw or at least what to search for?

EDIT: tried shrink storage but it only released about 160 MB. So I went for the hard reset.

Last edited:

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I see GDR 3 is coming out soon. I am curious as to if the 810 will get it (I have doubts).

Is it true that OTA updates of GDR 2 has stopped for the 810? Have they restarted? Or is GDR 2 basically skipped at this point??

P.S. I am still running the HTC HD 7. I've basically decided on the 925 pentaband, unbranded version 2 over at Negri Electronics, but unfortunately am still unemployed....

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I see GDR 3 is coming out soon. I am curious as to if the 810 will get it (I have doubts).

Is it true that OTA updates of GDR 2 has stopped for the 810? Have they restarted? Or is GDR 2 basically skipped at this point??

I got the gdr3 preview installed on l810 just now. Always nice to see new stuff on our phone..
P.S. I am still running the HTC HD 7. I've basically decided on the 925 pentaband, unbranded version 2 over at Negri Electronics, but unfortunately am still unemployed....

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

Did you check for updates? I guess not, MS/T Mobile restarted it a few weeks ago

Last edited:

howard mai

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi PB_H, I have a question, can you help me?

I have just use proxy to install nokia cam for review and it failed. So when i reset my phone and check update, the line : "tell me when updates are available for my phone" has been disappeared.
What would i do now :(((
Thank you!

My phone
wp_ss_20131022_0003.png

WPcentral image
Lumia920FirmwareUpdate.jpg

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Do you have GDR3 ? that's what my and everyone's phone reads since downloading GDR3.

And if you don't have GDR3 and if you did a factory reset I guess that's the new norm, what is to worry ?

you can still just check manually and choose to download or not, right ?

howard mai

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you have GDR3 ? that's what my and everyone's phone reads since downloading GDR3.

And if you don't have GDR3 and if you did a factory reset I guess that's the new norm, what is to worry ?

you can still just check manually and choose to download or not, right ?

I have plan to do a factory reset but i got a little worried because i have some software which installed by use fiddler program like procam ... :unhappysweat:

So without that line, will my device able to manually download update ?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I have plan to do a factory reset but i got a little worried because i have some software which installed by use fiddler program like procam ... :unhappysweat:

So without that line, i will able to check manually and choose to download or not right ?

That's what happened after GDR3 I guess you could try and uncheck the box in the Preview for Developer app and see if the old settings reappear after you restarted your phone but you'd be out of the Preview program and you wouldn't be able to download that again- and yes it means what is says = you can still check like we all did before and then if there is an update after you check you can wait for it to populate to 100% and download it or delay it or check that box that says automatically download. When I first got my 810 even tho I had the notify me checked it never did notify me of the first update I had to check and then I updated.

howard mai

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
That's what happened after GDR3 I guess you could try and uncheck the box in the Preview for Developer app and see if the old settings reappear after you restarted your phone but you'd be out of the Preview program and you wouldn't be able to download that again- and yes it means what is says = you can still check like we all did before and then if there is an update after you check you can wait for it to populate to 100% and download it or delay it or check that box that says automatically download. When I first got my 810 even tho I had the notify me checked it never did notify me of the first update I had to check and then I updated.

Thank you.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else tried their hands on the Nokia Camera app with GDR3 on our dear EOL'd devices (using the Fiddler workaround... Darned restrictions). Seems a lot more improved with regards to noise in low light situations, both live view and photo!

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else tried their hands on the Nokia Camera app with GDR3 on our dear EOL'd devices (using the Fiddler workaround... Darned restrictions). Seems a lot more improved with regards to noise in low light situations, both live view and photo!

Here is my assessment http://forums.windowscentral.com/photography-lounge/247168-do-not-update-nokia-camera.html

BTW you don't have to do the Fiddler, just change Wi-Fi proxy 117.135.139.179 /PORT 8888 and pause with the back button for 3 seconds
until it says INSTALL then as it stalls go back and enable you're normal Wi-Fi and it will finish downloading.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I can do the Fiddler trick, hence I chose to do that. Besides, I'd rather use fiddler since it's my own proxy i'm using. You're never sure who sets up those proxies as well as the security issues with third party proxies. I think I just saw someone post somewhere in wpc their acct. got hacked from the same proxy they used.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I can do the Fiddler trick, hence I chose to do that. Besides, I'd rather use fiddler since it's my own proxy i'm using. You're never sure who sets up those proxies as well as the security issues with third party proxies. I think I just saw someone post somewhere in wpc their acct. got hacked from the same proxy they used.

Did you read my assessment of the new crap Nokia Camera app?

Hacked their phone -not likely.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes I read your assessment. You are entitled to it. I'm fine with how it is right now. As for the hacking thing, I did not say his phone got hacked. Two of his email accounts. Besides, third party proxies are still "use at your own risk".
While you are connected to a proxy, if you have background tasks needing data, your phone will transmit information and that's where the security issue is (I can see when I use my fiddler proxy that log of data). This is OT already. End of discussion on this matter.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes I read your assessment. You are entitled to it. I'm fine with how it is right now. As for the hacking thing, I did not say his phone got hacked. Two of his email accounts. Besides, third party proxies are still "use at your own risk".
While you are connected to a proxy, if you have background tasks needing data, your phone will transmit information and that's where the security issue is. This is OT already. End of discussion on this matter.

take some photos in low light with just a few colors but mostly white. Sure outside you won't see this green issue but it's supposed to be good for low light and
if it's inside and the walls are white you'll get that green on the edges, but if you just take snaps and correct color isn't an issue it's a good lens.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
My guess is it could be an artifact of the oversampling technique? If you zoom in a bit, that area of green is cropped out. Well, it's not designed for our phone's sensor/optics anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99