Lumia 810 - EOL - What about Firmware updates?

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
And I'm pretty sure that TMO supports all 810 spiritually and wishes us all well.

That line reminds me of the Joe Hill song "Long Haired Preachers" for the IWW.

Long-haired preachers come out every night

Try to tell you what's wrong and what's right

But when asked how 'bout something to eat

They will answer in voices so sweet

You will eat, bye and bye

In that glorious land above the sky

Work and pray, live on hay

You'll get pie in the sky when you die

The Preacher and the Slave - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I've been bouncing emails and playing phone tag for awhile now and got pushed up the escalation ladder (I believe I got to the top of the ladder with the presidents office). What I found out was that it was a mutual agreement with T-Mobile and Nokia to not push out the "Black" firmware due "critical" bugs in the firmware with the Lumia 810. They wouldn't go into specifics, but suffice to say, they said they were "severe bugs" that justified not pushing it out
Post some of these emails OR go home :wink:

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
And your point is...? Some of us are obviously still happy using it regardless. I know that 8.1 has certainly breathed new life into mine. I keep bouncing back and forth between it and my 925 nearly on a daily basis.

I'm still using the 810 but to continue to wish that T Mobile will support the EOL 810 with the cyan update that some do is beyond silly.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Add this to the beginning of tweets 1/3, 2/3 and the last one 3/3 that way you can send 3 tweets and they will know it's only 1 of 3 or 2 of 3 etc.
Anyway who is JohnLegere ?

Don't forget back in January you didn't even know who John Legere was and now you are an "expert" on T-Mobile and the 810.

My haven't we grown up....

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm still using the 810 but to continue to wish that T Mobile will support the EOL 810 with the cyan update that some do is beyond silly.
What's wrong with wishing for something that is right there, made for our devices, flaunted right in front of our eyes? What's wrong with citing the mixed messages by T-Mo et. al.? If you don't mind settling for what you have then good for you, and let us be. We don't lose anything with wishing for the update. But even with the slightest chance they read these and other communication with them, and they release the update, we gain something.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
What's wrong with wishing for something that is right there, made for our devices, flaunted right in front of our eyes? What's wrong with citing the mixed messages by T-Mo et. al.? If you don't mind settling for what you have then good for you, and let us be. We don't lose anything with wishing for the update. But even with the slightest chance they read these and other communication with them, and they release the update, we gain something.

Because, as sad as it is, it isn't getting updates, T-Mobile pretty much said so themselves when 8.1 was announced by not having it, and the 8x, on the list. Sorry, there used to be a bubble, but it's been popped a couple months ago.

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Because, as sad as it is, it isn't getting updates, T-Mobile pretty much said so themselves when 8.1 was announced by not having it, and the 8x, on the list. Sorry, there used to be a bubble, but it's been popped a couple months ago.

Come on now, we haven't been sleeping. Look at all the sarcastic responses to "tHE 810 IS dead TO t MoBILE". We know continued firmware support is incredibly unlikely, but all JM_T said was that he's WISHING for an update.

Personally I jumped ship over a year ago, first to the 8X (another doomed T-Mobile device) then to AT&T for the 920. I'm not here to taunt people with stuff they know already, I'm here because it was a nice phone and I want to support those that stuck with it and rail against T-Mobile's cheesy "support" for it.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Come on now, we haven't been sleeping. Look at all the sarcastic responses to "tHE 810 IS dead TO t MoBILE". We know continued firmware support is incredibly unlikely, but all JM_T said was that he's WISHING for an update.

Personally I jumped ship over a year ago, first to the 8X (another doomed T-Mobile device) then to AT&T for the 920. I'm not here to taunt people with stuff they know already, I'm here because it was a nice phone and I want to support those that stuck with it and rail against T-Mobile's cheesy "support" for it.
Then by all means, yeah, it's a great device, it just had an unfortunate outcome of being on Game of Phones and losing. :/

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I was going to leave t mobile and get the 1520...but after years of abandoned projects and products, I've decided not to give any more money to Microsoft. If you are wondering why market share is in the toilet, blame Microsoft because they don't have a clue.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I was going to leave t mobile and get the 1520...but after years of abandoned projects and products, I've decided not to give any more money to Microsoft. If you are wondering why market share is in the toilet, blame Microsoft because they don't have a clue.

To all the vets who posted here regularly: Do you remember when the 925 was launched and people who bought it laughed when we said t-mo would EOL it after poor sales? Well, it least it held out for almost a year but that got EOL'ed too.

T-Mo will only carry the budget models. I'm still on t-mo because for where I live, I get the best bang for buck. Otherwise, they're all the same. It is just better to use an unlocked device if you can. At least you can impale the OEM directly for lack of support. My 925 Malay variant has 8.1 + Cyan. I don't know if MSFT will support it timely going forward, but at least I don't have to hear the crap - Nokia has the update for the 810 and t-mobile has told them never to release it.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
As a former forum mod, I try not to stir pots or call people out...but it's funny that the few people who visited this thread saying that we were crybabies and the 810 would be updated are awfully quiet. ..

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
As a former forum mod, I try not to stir pots or call people out...but it's funny that the few people who visited this thread saying that we were crybabies and the 810 would be updated are awfully quiet. ..

I mean, people in the know aren't stupid. I saw a lady sat beside me last week with her 810. One look at the screen and I knew she was still running on Amber. She seemed fine with it. So some people are ok, but it is better to give people the options and update their stuff timely.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. Updates are made for a reason, I'm willing to go out on a limb and guarantee that the 1520 won't see 8.2. Microsoft doesn't have a clue about their cell phone business.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. Updates are made for a reason, I'm willing to go out on a limb and guarantee that the 1520 won't see 8.2. Microsoft doesn't have a clue about their cell phone business.

As long as they offer the developer preview and the hardware supports it, people have a puncher's chance. There are quite a few forum members who still have their 810 and running 8.1 preview on it has breathed new life into the device.

Still, the carriers will only care if people made enough noise. Remember when VZW tried to follow t-mo's lead and not release Lumia Black to their 822 users? Remember how that user base had a ****storm and they ended up getting Lumia Black and may still get Cyan?

Problem was there wasn't enough unity amongst t-mo users to make up for the smaller user base. Corporations only listen to one thing - consumers walking away with their wallets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte