Battery Life Problems...

Kosygin

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Lumia 810 for a while and I'm noticing the battery is draining out unusually fast. When I'm not using it, even overnight, I notice it's just eating my battery like power is going out of style. I've looked around for tips to save on battery life and I've done the usual but it doesn't seem to be of much help. I just reset my phone to clear any lingering nonsense that might have been running. Anyhow, I disable the usual things like NFC, Bluetooth, connecting with Xbox Live for games and music, my lock out time is one minute, I've changed my screen brightness to low, etc etc. Battery saver is running for when the charge is low. Is there anything else I should be doing or changing?

Additionally... are there any free battery monitoring apps that are robust enough to tell me exactly what drains my battery life? If there aren't freebies, are there any apps at all that can do that?

adg5

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried going into the background applications and turning off the ones you are not using? Also if you aren't using any GPS based app I would turn off the location too. My 810's battery lasts just fine but used to drain before I started to close out the background apps.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It's worth checking your email sync settings as well, setting some providers to "as items arrive" will have a negative impact on battery. I have mine set to once an hour :)

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
The battery is not good but the cause is depend on how you use. Set email to as item arrive maybe the root cause for some but not mine.

To really investigate things, you need to turn everything off and patiently open 1 more thing everyday.

What I found, which will not reflect what you will find is.

Email, noti, live tile that come with os, battery, amazing weather, Facebook beta, cronos calendar are NOT the cause of battery problem in my case.

I also have weave news reader live tile running in the background and found that the battery life is quite acceptable. However, I recently block weave news reader and found out that the battery life is much much better.

Again, this is my case and will not have anything to do with yours.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
It's worth checking your email sync settings as well, setting some providers to "as items arrive" will have a negative impact on battery. I have mine set to once an hour :)

ur a developer, is it possible to make an app that can tell you what exactly is eating ur battery life??

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately not, although I am hopeful that Microsoft will bring the app power usage profiler they announced for Windows 8 apps at build to the next Windows Phone SDK, as that will help developers understand how their apps may affect battery life

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately not, although I am hopeful that Microsoft will bring the app power usage profiler they announced for Windows 8 apps at build to the next Windows Phone SDK, as that will help developers understand how their apps may affect battery life

yeah that would be nice coz as u know its frustrating trying to find THAT 1 app that's destroying ur battery life

garrymcd

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
My wife's battery was draining at a ridiculous rate. She would have about 30% power left by early evening, while I would have about 90% left. This was with not really using the phone much.
We tried turning off all the usual stuff, soft reset etc. Nothing seemed to help. Then we looked at her email settings. She had Live, Gmail, Yahoo and AOL which were all set to " as items arrive". We changed them all to sync manually. What a difference!! She now has about 90% left by early evening, same as me. Now we are going to enable "as items arrive" one at a time to see if its a particular one that's causing the problems. So, this may not be the cause of your problem, but it's something to look at.

Kosygin

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I think I might try that, but I wasn't sure if it would help before. If you've done it and it's had an effect, then I'll give it a try.

Edit: different phone. Sounds like the same as 920 battery issues thought, which are really WP8 OS issues with apps using services when suspended/closed.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel