Jump from 810 to 920

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
^^ yeah that's right but it still has some issues like internet sharing doesn't work after installing access point and after enabling LTE MMS doesn't work, you will also be missing on WiFi calling

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
well.. i really don't care much for such features mentioned above.. (LTE) - don't really care for it.. i'm very content with HSPA+.. with LTE, i don't think this device's battery will not go pass halfday.. (Internet Sharing) - although it would be a nice feature, don't care for it as i NEVER use it... (WiFi Calling) - don't care for it either coz i got UNLIMITED mins plus i have N7 and can make calls using app like Skype, Groove IP, Talkatone etc lol.. 810's performing just fine, yea it may have mediocre camera but still ain't bad for an average person.. but can def use that GDR2 and Amber updates though

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Bernie, does that mean you're no longer interested in getting a 920? Mine was actually showing steady LTE in my neighborhood when I was out running errands earlier. But I usually rely on Wi-Fi only when I'm home or at other places where I can access Wi-Fi.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Bernie, does that mean you're no longer interested in getting a 920? Mine was actually showing steady LTE in my neighborhood when I was out running errands earlier. But I usually rely on Wi-Fi only when I'm home or at other places where I can access Wi-Fi.

metalchick, I wanted to ask about something I thought I saw you posted on another thread: are you going after a 925? I thought you were enjoying good speeds with that Rogers 920...

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
metalchick, I wanted to ask about something I thought I saw you posted on another thread: are you going after a 925? I thought you were enjoying good speeds with that Rogers 920...

Heh, good question. I keep going back and forth about getting a 925. I've been very interested because I miss the lighter weight and AMOLED screen that we've all enjoyed on the 810, but now I'm thinking of holding off and sticking with my 920 at least throughout the rest of the year. Of course, I could end up changing my mind, especially if I see a great deal with the 925. My Rogers 920 is indeed giving me good speeds. Last Wednesday, Thursday and Friday when I was out running around, I chose LTE for its highest connection speed and got steady LTE showing up. Seems that every day I got better speeds than the day before. On Friday, I actually saw download speeds of 33Mbps! The upload was just over 3Mpbs, though. I was thinking of selling my 920 to get the 925 with the $0 down deal, but I wouldn't get all my money back and I've only had the phone since May 8th. I'm also a little bitter about the $22 versus $20 monthly payments. Would have been a done deal if it was $20 because it'd mean the full price was a cool $480.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Heh, good question. I keep going back and forth about getting a 925. I've been very interested because I miss the lighter weight and AMOLED screen that we've all enjoyed on the 810, but now I'm thinking of holding off and sticking with my 920 at least throughout the rest of the year. Of course, I could end up changing my mind, especially if I see a great deal with the 925. My Rogers 920 is indeed giving me good speeds. Last Wednesday, Thursday and Friday when I was out running around, I chose LTE for its highest connection speed and got steady LTE showing up. Seems that every day I got better speeds than the day before. On Friday, I actually saw download speeds of 33Mbps! The upload was just over 3Mpbs, though. I was thinking of selling my 920 to get the 925 with the $0 down deal, but I wouldn't get all my money back and I've only had the phone since May 8th. I'm also a little bitter about the $22 versus $20 monthly payments. Would have been a done deal if it was $20 because it'd mean the full price was a cool $480.

Well, i'd like to get a 920 myself. i do like the 925, but unless it is the 32GB version, i just cannot justify myself making that jump. it would be nice to have lte speeds but I've made do with 4G before so that's fine by me. I do hope you decide. If I get to when I'm looking for a 920, I'll be sure to check in on yours...

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, i'd like to get a 920 myself. i do like the 925, but unless it is the 32GB version, i just cannot justify myself making that jump. it would be nice to have lte speeds but I've made do with 4G before so that's fine by me. I do hope you decide. If I get to when I'm looking for a 920, I'll be sure to check in on yours...

Someone else has first dibs on mine, but I'm most likely hanging onto it. The Rogers ones are very reasonably priced these days, under $440. I imaging the price will go down even more soon enough.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Someone else has first dibs on mine, but I'm most likely hanging onto it. The Rogers ones are very reasonably priced these days, under $440. I imaging the price will go down even more soon enough.

fair enough. Still, one of my old sites I used alot back in the day has the 920 for $350 and the ativ s for $300. Very tempting stuff indeed, as these are the international models. Both are clear upgrades to the 810.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

I was in the same boat as you but I guess I am better off holding to my Rogers 920 for now. Its close to the 925 and TBH I am waiting for GDR2 to arrive, that's when I will take my final decision based on how well it performs when compared with the 925. Or I might just wait till GDR3 preinstalled phones start arriving -_-

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I was in the same boat as you but I guess I am better off holding to my Rogers 920 for now. Its close to the 925 and TBH I am waiting for GDR2 to arrive, that's when I will take my final decision based on how well it performs when compared with the 925. Or I might just wait till GDR3 preinstalled phones start arriving -_-

I think the arrival of GDR2 and Amber updates to all Lumia devices in general will be the "turning point" of decision makings whether individuals will keep their devices or move on to another... or ultimately bail on WP platform for another OS.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I think the arrival of GDR2 and Amber updates to all Lumia devices in general will be the "turning point" of decision makings whether individuals will keep their devices or move on to another... or ultimately bail on WP platform for another OS.

For me its going to be the turning point of either keeping my 920 or moving to a better WP (Lumia off course), I hate Android and IOS is too boring for me :p

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
For me its going to be the turning point of either keeping my 920 or moving to a better WP (Lumia off course), I hate Android and IOS is too boring for me :p

Ditto for me, though I do like the iPhone... But I don't want to go back to my iPhone 4 and I refuse to use iOS 7 whenever the heck it's officially out. I would only do that as a last resort, like if I broke or lost my 920 AND 810. But then, if that happened, I would certainly get a new 925 anyway. LOL. In any case, where GDR2 is concerned, I'm going to stick with my 920 for now.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site

iOS is actually far TOO boring than Android.. but that's just my opinion = ) .. i originally came from Android and i've only been in a WP platform since Feb'13... thankfully i still have my Nexus 7 to HOLD ME DOWNNN SON lol... clock is ticking for my 810...

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
^^ i actually own a gtab 2 as well w/ stock android 4.2 and i still find it boring, even my wifes' s4 sucks 😁

When i want Android, I pull out either my Galaxy Nexus with the Sony Xperia ROM or my trusty Touchpad that runs 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. I mean, don't get me wrong, android is cool and all, but I'm in a place where something that works in an elegant, fresh looking way...WP. The biggest difference for me between Android and ios is that android is more customizable. Once I get completely bored of that, I'll drop it like I did iOS (still got 300+ apps to my account). 😊

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site

Well... the inevitable just happened this past weekend while partying it up at Dewey Beach Delaware... dropped the phone face down and DONE. While still fully functional, the screen needs to be replaced and i'm not sure how much it would cost me to replace it so... i bit the bullet and purchased a lightly used unlocked 920 (Black) so yea... say adios to 810 lol..... went to AT&T when i got back coz i personally have not seen it in person and when i held it for the first time.. WOW... def excited to be steppin' up to the higher-end.

Nick Hayden

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
When I heard about the L810 getting EOL'd I was pretty mad. Mad enough to jump ship on TMobile all together. I went to ATT and got an L920. Now, while I loved the look of the L920, I am after 4 months, going back to TMo with my old L810. The L920 has a bigger, nicer screen, and a better camera, but that's about it. On TMo I had a $30/mo. 100minute/Unlt.Text/Unlt.Data(First 5GB @4G speeds) now while the service was sometimes spotty, and the phone never got LTE, just 4G, it seems to be the better idea. The plan I got on my L920 ended up running $98.81/mo. over 3 times what I payed on TMo. Now I plan on buying out my ATT contract (~$285) because I know it'll save me more in the long run.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
When I heard about the L810 getting EOL'd I was pretty mad. Mad enough to jump ship on TMobile all together. I went to ATT and got an L920. Now, while I loved the look of the L920, I am after 4 months, going back to TMo with my old L810. The L920 has a bigger, nicer screen, and a better camera, but that's about it. On TMo I had a $30/mo. 100minute/Unlt.Text/Unlt.Data(First 5GB @4G speeds) now while the service was sometimes spotty, and the phone never got LTE, just 4G, it seems to be the better idea. The plan I got on my L920 ended up running $98.81/mo. over 3 times what I payed on TMo. Now I plan on buying out my ATT contract (~$285) because I know it'll save me more in the long run.

You should consider getting your 920 unlocked to use it on T-Mobile. AT&T is just not worth it. I had a moment of temporary insanity where I considered jumping ship back in November, but thank goodness sanity came back to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077