GDR2 for HTC 8X (T-Mobile) Creating Issues

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Well, it looks like the first wave of GDR2 updates are on the way - which lends with all the talk of T-Mo testing the release for the 810 as well (remember Amber required additional programming and testing so it should be behind the 8x's update) but the rest of the news isn't all great. So far the 8x is having a few growing pains from the new release.

HTC 8Xs locking up after GDR2 update? Numerous reports say yes | Windows Phone Central

This might mean some additional testing and possible rejection from T-Mo's TA department. Of course, if it seems to be a hardware/software issue, it may pass with flying colors. If not, does this make you more likely to ditch your 810 for a 925 - or maybe just go unlocked with a new 625? I'm interested to let my Nokia pals know... (Please don't turn this into a flame T-Mobile or Nokia thread, but rather the why or why not you would keep, upgrade or move to a different manufacturer style of conversation.)

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Well if I had the HTC 8X, I would just wait to download amber and then install it when they have a fix for the issue, it only a few more features then we have now.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
will wait til the Amber rolls out and THEN install the GDR2... but if my 810 gets into this messy situation - i will def jump off to 920 unlocked and "MAYBE" keep my 810 as a backup.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Amber is a NOKIA specific update.

Amber will be pushed with GDRU for Lumias.

You cannot install them separately.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I was more worried about the fact that T-Mobile is running out GDR2 and there is a possible issue with it... This would mean, yet again, a non-TA for an update for the 810 if there really is an issue.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
well you have a point there but I see it as since they are two different phones and the software tweeks maybe caused the random lockups I am still positive the 810 will get an update later than sooner :)

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I know it will, I just worry that the rants and raves will continue and continue and continue... The EOL update thread is 26 pages now... and the big three keep repeating the same thing over and over and over about how T-Mobile abandoned the phone and the end of the world is near! lol

I know that 1316 was placed on hold in TA for GDR2, and Nokia is due to roll it out mid-August... So my bet is 2-3 weeks until the rollout starts minimum. Like I said, I was just worried that T-Mo might reject it based off the poor 8X response.

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I know it will, I just worry that the rants and raves will continue and continue and continue... The EOL update thread is 26 pages now... and the big three keep repeating the same thing over and over and over about how T-Mobile abandoned the phone and the end of the world is near! lol

I know that 1316 was placed on hold in TA for GDR2, and Nokia is due to roll it out mid-August... So my bet is 2-3 weeks until the rollout starts minimum. Like I said, I was just worried that T-Mo might reject it based off the poor 8X response.

hmmm.. well 8X is obviously HTC... not sure if that will affect the Lumia line but i'm crossing my finger that the same case doesn't happen to ours when GDR2 rolls out (IF EVER).

Pacmanimal

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I rather get Windows Phone 8.1 for my HTC 8X from t-mo when it comes then GDR2 for now and GDR3 later. All will be included in Phone 8.1 right?

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I rather get Windows Phone 8.1 for my HTC 8X from t-mo when it comes then GDR2 for now and GDR3 later. All will be included in Phone 8.1 right?

you'd still have to update with gdr2 first. 8.1 will just be another layer over the smaller updates, exactly how windows 8.1 will be like on October 17th, a service pack, or just a very big update layering over windows 8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre