View Poll Results: Was your 810 ever able to read a 64Gb microSD card?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've tried one/some 64Gb card(s). Yes! One card eventually worked!

17 94.44%
  • I've tried one/some 64Gb card(s). No! No card ever worked!

1 5.56%
06-09-2014 05:52 AM
46 12
tools
    I carry an iPod around because the music on my phone is a disaster and I've tried all supposed solutions.
    Please, cast your vote. So far the "it works" option is winning 8x0.
    Last edited by WPhoney; 08-03-2013 at 06:48 AM.
    08-03-2013 03:59 AM
    Please, cast your vote. So far the "it works" option is winning 8x0.
    It's not an applicable poll. The card works for videos, pictures and I can put music on it. However, the music creates endless duplicates and takes over 48 hours to load.
    08-03-2013 06:52 PM
    It's not an applicable poll. The card works for videos, pictures and I can put music on it. However, the music creates endless duplicates and takes over 48 hours to load.
    The problems with duplicates and slow-loading are not related to the SD card or phone's hardware. That's WP8's fault. There are ways to make it better or more tolerable. Check out these tips:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ps-tricks.html
    08-03-2013 07:13 PM
    The problems with duplicates and slow-loading are not related to the SD card or phone's hardware. That's WP8's fault. There are ways to make it better or more tolerable. Check out these tips:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...ps-tricks.html

Yeah, I've been trying stuff since last night because I'm giving my phone one last chance before I bail on WP8 for good.

Now I have two SD cards that don't work at all. The music is on the cards. The phone does not read the music on the cards.

You are correct, it's not the cards. The phone is just kind of a ****ty phone
    Last edited by dainla; 08-03-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    08-03-2013 08:05 PM
    Yeah, I've been trying stuff since last night because I'm giving my phone one last chance before I bail on WP8 for good.
    I understand your frustration. It sucks when you get a gadget, then you find out it cannot do something it should. The platform is still in its infancy and lacks some features that are commonplace in the industry. I hope you can find solutions to at least some of the issues with your phone. Please, keep us posted.

I was planning to get an Android phone, but because I know a little C#, I decided to try WP8, instead. I might try to make an app someday.
    08-03-2013 09:19 PM
    In my experience the SD cards that support UHS-I do not work on the Lumia 810. I have not tried them with the Amber update, they might be fixed now.

update - UHS-I still does not work in Amber update.
    Last edited by shadohh; 08-07-2013 at 09:02 AM.
    08-07-2013 08:33 AM
    In my experience the SD cards that support UHS-I do not work on the Lumia 810. I have not tried them with the Amber update, they might be fixed now.
    Some people have said exactly the opposite, that is, UHS-1 cards should be favoured.
    08-07-2013 09:07 AM
    Some people have said exactly the opposite, that is, UHS-1 cards should be favoured.
    UHS-1 was never recognized by my phone
    08-08-2013 02:56 PM
    UHS-1 was never recognized by my phone
    So you tried it again with the new firmware?
    08-08-2013 08:30 PM
    Oh no, I am waiting on the new firmware because I have a Mac
    08-09-2013 10:08 AM
    The wording of the Poll is biased - the "YES. One card eventually worked!" answer makes it sound like everyone who uses a 64GB micro sd on it has to sort through several micro sd cards before finally finding one that worked. I only bought ONE 64GB microsd for it - a SANDISK class 10 I believe, and it worked on the first try. I didn't even realize not working was a possibility.
    08-13-2013 03:10 PM
    Some people had to try different cards.
    08-13-2013 08:40 PM
    As of now, 9 out of 10 people had success with some 64Gb microSD! Now I have a question to these very fortunate souls.

How much music do you have in your 64Gb SD? Less than 10Gb? More than 30Gb?

The reason why I ask is because I came across this lengthy discussion about 64Gb card on Nokia forums and a few people said that their 64Gb card only worked properly when they had less than 10Gb of tracks. Be able to carry my 50Gb music library in my phone is very important to me. If Nokia cannot deliver such a simple feature, I'll have to go with Android.
    08-15-2013 07:10 AM
    My SD space is about 45GB utilized - and it's mostly used with video - and only about 8GB of music media on it (of which most are audiobooks that I swap out, and some podcasts - I have a separate iPod for my music - prefer to use the iPod for music for my own reasons). No problems whatsoever.
    I'm curious though - what exactly do you mean by "not working properly"?

As of now, 9 out of 10 people had success with some 64Gb microSD! Now I have a question to these very fortunate souls.

How much music do you have in your 64Gb SD? Less than 10Gb? More than 30Gb?

The reason why I ask is because I came across this lengthy discussion about 64Gb card on Nokia forums and a few people said that their 64Gb card only worked properly when they had less than 10Gb of tracks. Be able to carry my 50Gb music library in my phone is very important to me. If Nokia cannot deliver such a simple feature, I'll have to go with Android.
    08-16-2013 12:10 PM
    I'm curious though - what exactly do you mean by "not working properly"?
    Freezes, Crashes, minute-long lags when playing/stopping/pausing/skipping tracks. Things like that.
    08-16-2013 12:17 PM
    hmmm...I do have some lags when STREAMING audio - but that's a problem with my data connection, it's a TMobile problem - the phone is supposedly 4G but I'm not so sure i receive the speeds that TMobile claims I should. My local content plays seamlessly. Just double-check those blogs - are they talking about local content, or are they talking about cloud content? Some people talk about them as if they're one and the same thing - I'm like you, I play as much as I can locally - only thing I stream is the occasional XM radio via an app (SAT Rad Player - and yes, it lags sometimes) , and TuneIn Radio for NPR (hopefully, native FM will come soon to the Amber update for the 810).

Now, as I mentioned before, I have a separate dedicated music player (an iPod Touch 64GB) that I use for most of my music - music on my Lumia is just a backup for when I'm traveling light and don't want to carry more than necessary. Why do I carry a separate iPod? Well, it boils down to really only one thing - Podcasts. The Windows Phone implementation of music management, in my opinion, is far better than for iOS (eg. "smartDJ" beats "Genius mix", it's easy to look up additional related info of the artist currently playing, etc) - but when it comes to Podcasts, the iTunes Library is far bigger than on other platforms, Windows Phone OS doesn't support "chapters" which some content producers implement on their podcasts - and the native Music player on windows phone doesn't have some useful playback features that I have on my iPod (eg. play at double-speed or half-speed, go back 15 seconds, go ahead 15 seconds, etc). The native android player doesn't have these features either - though you could get them from apps.

Sorry to rant, just thought I'd throw that out there - yes, you can use your Nokia as a primary music device, but personally - I prefer to have an iPod around. Besides, my iPod can last days without recharging - I don't need to hog up my battery any worse on my phone with music playback.

Freezes, Crashes, minute-long lags when playing/stopping/pausing/skipping tracks. Things like that.
    08-16-2013 12:47 PM
    Sandisk Ultra 64gb works great, first and last card I tried.
    08-27-2013 01:10 PM
    A 32GB card should more than suffice. That's what I was using in my 810. It had over 21GB of space free, too.
    With WP i find that the larger card allows for more maps Currently I have the entire usa and vietnam loaded on my SD card and that eats up nearly 3GB. right now I am at 21GB out of 58 so yeah 32 isn't really enough space considering that is where I have 4GB+ of pix and another 13+GB of videos :)
    08-30-2013 09:12 PM
    So I finally got my first smartphone! An unlocked Lumia 625. I got it for $300 at CTINYC, which imported the device from Hong Kong. The phone recognized the SD card without a problem! I love it. I still think that, compared to Android, WP8 is quite immature, but let's hope Microsoft put a real effort into expanding the platform. As most WP8 users out there, I've had to deal with the epic problem of duplicate songs on the Music app. After several transfers, I managed to avoid the duplicates, but I can't remember exactly what I did.

So I guess, from the 520 onwards, all phones will recognize 64GB SD cards properly. I hope you guys with older phones eventually find a solution to your predicament. And if you do, post it here to help others.
    09-09-2013 04:38 PM
    I think the only risk of 32GB not being enough for most people is when they go on Vacation and shoot HD quality video and lots of photos... It seems like a ton, but when you are shooting about 75MB per min, that works out to be 4.5GB per hour... So, for that Disney Vacation that lasts a week, you get about an hour of video a day plus some photos before that 32GB is packed. Then you have to factor in that you probably have some music, movies and other media on there as well.

32GB is a ton of space, but it fills up quicker than you think with the quality of the recordings on the 810... The guaranteed 64GB capacity of the 521 makes it a bit better deal - if you don't mind losing a touch of resolution on the camera and the flash. The processor doesn't lag at all, the lower memory can create some strain when running heavy games, but isn't a deal breaker. I think I'd be inclined to grab a new 521 over the 810.
    you talking about video recording size in 720p or 1080p?
    10-08-2013 10:21 PM
    My Lumia 810 work fine with both 64GB's I have tried. It is [U]critical[U] that the cards are formatted properly. The card I have in my 810 now is one by A-Data from Newegg ($28 on sale) and it works perfectly! I tested it with h2testw and it was 14GB write and 18GB/sec read....actually makes a 'class 14'.
    The Sandisk my buddy got from his brother also worked fine and tested just fine at 15GB write and 20GB/sec read.
    I formatted both cards in my 810 before I tested them and did not allow my computer to format them.

Cheers!
    06-09-2014 05:52 AM
46 12