Lumia 810 vs 64Gb microSD. Vote!

Was your 810 ever able to read a 64Gb microSD card?

• I've tried one/some 64Gb card(s). Yes! One card eventually worked!

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • I've tried one/some 64Gb card(s). No! No card ever worked!

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
The poll options should be
1. I tried 1 SD card and it worked
2. I tried more than 1 SD card and the last one I tried worked
3. I have tried 1 or more SD cards and none have worked.

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
The poll options should be

4. I tried more than 1 SD card, found 1 that works but functionality is limited

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Ive used 2 different 64gb microsd cards and they both worked. I didn't know this was an issue

It's pretty random. Some people the SD cards are a disaster, some it's fine, some land somewhere in the middle.

I carry an iPod around because the music on my phone is a disaster and I've tried all supposed solutions.

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
The problems with duplicates and slow-loading are not related to the SD card or phone's hardware. That's WP8's fault. There are ways to make it better or more tolerable. Check out these tips:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...s/222709-windows-phone-music-tips-tricks.html

Yeah, I've been trying stuff since last night because I'm giving my phone one last chance before I bail on WP8 for good.

Now I have two SD cards that don't work at all. The music is on the cards. The phone does not read the music on the cards.

You are correct, it's not the cards. The phone is just kind of a ****ty phone

Last edited:

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I've been trying stuff since last night because I'm giving my phone one last chance before I bail on WP8 for good.

I understand your frustration. It sucks when you get a gadget, then you find out it cannot do something it should. The platform is still in its infancy and lacks some features that are commonplace in the industry. I hope you can find solutions to at least some of the issues with your phone. Please, keep us posted.

I was planning to get an Android phone, but because I know a little C#, I decided to try WP8, instead. I might try to make an app someday. :cool:

shadohh

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
In my experience the SD cards that support UHS-I do not work on the Lumia 810. I have not tried them with the Amber update, they might be fixed now.

update - UHS-I still does not work in Amber update.

Last edited:

Kaggz

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
The wording of the Poll is biased - the "YES. One card eventually worked!" answer makes it sound like everyone who uses a 64GB micro sd on it has to sort through several micro sd cards before finally finding one that worked. I only bought ONE 64GB microsd for it - a SANDISK class 10 I believe, and it worked on the first try. I didn't even realize not working was a possibility.

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
As of now, 9 out of 10 people had success with some 64Gb microSD! Now I have a question to these very fortunate souls.

How much music do you have in your 64Gb SD? Less than 10Gb? More than 30Gb?

The reason why I ask is because I came across this lengthy discussion about 64Gb card on Nokia forums and a few people said that their 64Gb card only worked properly when they had less than 10Gb of tracks. Be able to carry my 50Gb music library in my phone is very important to me. If Nokia cannot deliver such a simple feature, I'll have to go with Android. :unhappy:

Kaggz

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
My SD space is about 45GB utilized - and it's mostly used with video - and only about 8GB of music media on it (of which most are audiobooks that I swap out, and some podcasts - I have a separate iPod for my music - prefer to use the iPod for music for my own reasons). No problems whatsoever.
I'm curious though - what exactly do you mean by "not working properly"?

As of now, 9 out of 10 people had success with some 64Gb microSD! Now I have a question to these very fortunate souls.

How much music do you have in your 64Gb SD? Less than 10Gb? More than 30Gb?

The reason why I ask is because I came across this lengthy discussion about 64Gb card on Nokia forums and a few people said that their 64Gb card only worked properly when they had less than 10Gb of tracks. Be able to carry my 50Gb music library in my phone is very important to me. If Nokia cannot deliver such a simple feature, I'll have to go with Android. :unhappy:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05