Lumia 810 vs 64Gb microSD. Vote!

Was your 810 ever able to read a 64Gb microSD card?

• I've tried one/some 64Gb card(s). Yes! One card eventually worked!

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • I've tried one/some 64Gb card(s). No! No card ever worked!

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
The objective of this poll is to assess the percentage of devices (in the forum) that have been completely unable to read any 64Gb microSD card. Just two options. Very simple! Only vote if you ever tried a 64Gb SD card!!!

If you were able to eventually make it work, share your saga.

Last edited:

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
What are the specs of the card(s) that you are using?

I'm still trying to decide between the:

• 521: cheap and guaranteed to read 64Gb cards.
  • 810: better CPU, more RAM, 2 cams, flash, but picky about 64Gb cards.

I'm trying to figure out the likelihood of buying an used 810 that won't be able to read 64Gb microSDs....

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
first, I went to Sandisk's website and found the card that was compatable. SanDisk | Product Compatibility Tool and found that this and only this card was listed SDSDQUA-064G-A11A

second, I orderd it from Amazon and guess what? It worked. you can ONLY USE THIS CARD to be assured compatability, no other cards are listed as being compatable

Amazon.com : SanDisk Corporation*64GB SDSDQUA-016G-A11A MICROSD (SDSDQUA-064G-A11A) - : Computers & Accessories

it has to say exactly this

SDSDQUA-064G-A11A

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
first, I went to Sandisk's website and found the card that was compatable. SanDisk | Product Compatibility Tool and found that this and only this card was listed SDSDQUA-064G-A11A

Using Sandisk's compatibility tool is an excellent tip! Thanks! :smile:

The problem is finding reliable information at online stores regarding the exact SD card model that is wanted. Even though the product is named SDSDQUA-064G-A11A on Amazon, its description says something else: SDSDQUA-016G-A11A. This discrepancy means that they might ship something with a different SKU, such as the massively popular SDSDQU-064G-AFFP-A, which has 5,700+ reviews. :cry:

I'll definitely try to find that A11A model somewhere. Thanks for the heads up!

trouble210

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

second, I orderd it from Amazon and guess what? It worked. you can ONLY USE THIS CARD to be assured compatability, no other cards are listed as being compatable

Amazon.com : SanDisk Corporation*64GB SDSDQUA-016G-A11A MICROSD (SDSDQUA-064G-A11A) - : Computers & Accessories

it has to say exactly this

SDSDQUA-064G-A11A

This is the exact same one I bought too. Popped in and it worked immediately. Have had zero problems with it.

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I can't survive with 32Gb. My MP3 player (Creative Zen NX) is 10 years old and has 20Gb of storage. Because of that, I haven't be able able to carry my whole MP3 collection for half a decade. That's been frustrating. Now that I'm retiring the old warrior, I don't want to buy a phone that can only store 2/3 of my collection. :unhappysweat: With a 64Gb microSD, I'll have, for the first time in years, enough storage for my complete MP3 library! Plus some spare space for books, videos and comics! I feel like I'm about to step out of a cave!

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Use two 32 Gb cards, Collection1, Collection 2, you can't listen to all 64GB of music in a month, switch out the cards once in awhile if a 64GB doesn't work

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I think the only risk of 32GB not being enough for most people is when they go on Vacation and shoot HD quality video and lots of photos... It seems like a ton, but when you are shooting about 75MB per min, that works out to be 4.5GB per hour... So, for that Disney Vacation that lasts a week, you get about an hour of video a day plus some photos before that 32GB is packed. Then you have to factor in that you probably have some music, movies and other media on there as well.

32GB is a ton of space, but it fills up quicker than you think with the quality of the recordings on the 810... The guaranteed 64GB capacity of the 521 makes it a bit better deal - if you don't mind losing a touch of resolution on the camera and the flash. The processor doesn't lag at all, the lower memory can create some strain when running heavy games, but isn't a deal breaker. I think I'd be inclined to grab a new 521 over the 810.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Geez not having an extra 1 or 2 SD cards when on Holiday (especially on holiday) or just out shooting
when your purpose that day is to make photographs would be like not having extra rolls of film in the days of film cameras = dumb.

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Carrying 2 SD cards is certainly an alternative. Using some cloud service is another. And listening to a different set of songs each week is yet another. However, I'm already making some compromises as it is (lack of HDMI and VLC), therefore I'm not willing to forsake local storage as well.

I'll probably be ordering an 810 this month. Hopefully, by the time I get it, T-Mobile will have deployed the Amber+GDR2 update! That would be sweet. If I get unlucky with the 64Gb microSD, I'll sell the 810 and buy a 521, which is less picky about microSDs. Then I'll wait till someday (somehow), Nokia makes a 930, 940....990 with a microSD slot or 64Gb of internal storage! :wink:

The 1020 is available with 64Gb in Europe!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The objective of this poll is to assess the percentage of devices (in the forum) that have been completely unable to read any 64Gb microSD card. Just two options. Very simple! Only vote if you ever tried a 64Gb SD card!!!

If you were able to eventually make it work, share your saga.

I can't be the only one who has noticed this can I?

WPhoney

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
from whom?

I don't know yet. I don't need a phone right now, so I'm not in a rush to pick a device or a seller yet. Besides, after reading the HTC 8XT review, I'm not sure if I should take so many chances with the 810. Not only there's a risk it won't read a 64Gb SD, it might not get the GDR2 update from T-Mobile either.... According to the review, the HTC 8XT has the 2 issues covered!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs