What limitations are on the Lumia 810? Help me make a decision on my next wp

mjaiteh

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC Radar 4g W 7.8 and I've been around the wp forums to find out what wp I should upgrade to.
(I am a simple mobile user so I am on the T-mobile network, and I like 4g.)
I have three issues:

1. The 925 is too expensive! (I'm a broke college student.)
2. The Lumia 810 seems to be perfect but I hear it is an EOL product, and I'm not sure what that means exactly but it sounds like its done updating.
3. The 521 has no ffc or flash.

and three alternatives:
1. Save up money for the rest of the year to get the 925 and hang with the 8gb radar with no expandable storage and no compass or gyroscope, or windows 8, or nokia apps
2. Get the 810 and hope it will suffice for about a year or two.(What are the difference between the 810 and 925)
3. Get the 521 and sacrifice ffc and flash, but save a few bucks.(I'm a light ffc user, but the flash does come in handy)

Any help, comment, opinion, or suggestion is greatly valued, Thank You.

mjaiteh

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Isn't that coming our for AT&T? I use simple mobile on the t-mobile network and I'm very happy paying $40 a month for unlimited talk text and 500mb of 4g data & then slowed down speeds. Doesn't seem like a good option for me unless I'm mistaken...?

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Isn't that coming our for AT&T? I use simple mobile on the t-mobile network and I'm very happy paying $40 a month for unlimited talk text and 500mb of 4g data & then slowed down speeds. Doesn't seem like a good option for me unless I'm mistaken...?

Unlock 920 would be your best bet...

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

$50. per month and it's really 3.75G isn't it?

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
810 cons aka limitations as of this post. They are in the order that I perceive to be from most important to least

1. NO FULL DEVICE ENCRYPTION OR ALPHANUMERIC PASSWORD SUPPORT unless you are on a domain. This just plain stinks as 4 digit pins are for weenies

2. 8GB of storage. Since you cannot store apps to the SD Card with any Windows Phone OS to date, 8GB - 1.9 for System = 6.1GB for your stuff. Makes me miss the Windows Mobile 6.5.3 days
3. Screen resolution is not so hot, we're talking 2009 territory here with 800*480 (aka HD7, HD2, LG KM900 for example) the new AMOLED is awesome though

Missing features (not implimented)

3. LTE (yes it has it the as device's service menu shows it)
4. FM radio will not likely be enabled according to inside source at T-Mobile. Maybe Nokia will let it out...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb