Step by step to update your 810 to GDR2/Amber...

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
did that-still don't see the file

also, someone posted that the file was also on Mega, but gave up looking after about 25 pages of search results
It's here in this this very thread The FIRST post # 1 you didn't look back that far I guess,
it's an rar file compress to 521MB
This is the ORIGINAL torrent _I'm still seeding.
attempt 2.torrent

Below it says
Page 5 of 5 << FIRST < 1 2 3 4 5
Click FIRST and you see this http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...p-update-your-810-gdr2-amber.html#post2068719
and it's the first page and read what he says about compressing it to 521 MB
If you can't read the page for some reason, click the link above and click DOWNLOAD
You need to install Bit Torrent http://www.bittorrent.com/ ( google it) in order to download it, it's torrent.

"The file is compressed as a .rar to make it easier to share (521 MB vs 1300 MB)
If you don't have winrar, 7-zip or something similar for extracting .rar files, google one and install.
When the torrent is finished, double click on the rm-878.rar and extract it somewhere easy to find (like desktop)"

Last edited:

JsLee14

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If you flashed your phone a while back, is it the same version?
OS Version: 8.0.10327.77
Firmware Number: 3043.0000.1326.0017

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it's the same. No listing about WFC or FM so we don't get it. What's interesting is the 521 page lists 1328 update, and we're (810) 1326... not sure what the 2 point difference entails

Moises Corilloclla

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I just joined this forum, tho i have been reading it since i got my lumia 810 back in nov 2012.

So, ladies and gentlemen, check your update phone section at settings because you will get Amber (finally)...
I am d/ling now. Be aware you need to have 550 MB free on your phone memory to download.

Moises Corilloclla

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
For those of you who have already updated: do you have to take out the sd card before updating? what happens with info like phone #s and text messages? do they get erased?

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
For those of you who have already updated: do you have to take out the sd card before updating? what happens with info like phone #s and text messages? do they get erased?

I'm not sure with OTA updates. But when I flashed mine, since I had an MS account tied with the phone and backupped messages, synced contacts, during setup when I enter my MS account, it loads it from servers. Maybe OTA updates should keep your contacts? Not sure... Don't take my word for it

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

I can speak for the last 810 update, 1250. I didn't remove my SD card and everything was fine. I don't think there should be a problem with keeping your card in with this update either.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
^Was gonna reply to him that you should be able to answer this. Beat me to it. Haha

I was hoping though that they'd release a different version from the leaked one. Oh wishful thinking...

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well, now that T-mo has blessed the new firmware and Nokia's Amber, I'm going to stop seeding bit torrent of the firmware. It is always better to use the official, than a "hack".

Although... I'm still looking for the older firmware, for archive purposes. If anyone has kept the old files, PLEASE private message me to work out an exchange.

Moises Corilloclla

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure with OTA updates. But when I flashed mine, since I had an MS account tied with the phone and backupped messages, synced contacts, during setup when I enter my MS account, it loads it from servers. Maybe OTA updates should keep your contacts? Not sure... Don't take my word for it

Now it's preparing to install, so i hope there will be no issues since my phone is tied with a MS account as well.
I hope the update does really address the music, photo and video duplication issues and the other storage problem. The rest, i see them more like "cosmetic" changes.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Dont forget the update to extras+info... Should enable the call+SMS block feature. Also, the display+touch as well, because the Amber update did not have "Peek" for the glance feature...

zbvz

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
After following all the instructions on this thread I was not able to update my phone. It says that the Update package was not found on disk, and Yes I am in offline mode. As I started inspecting the files that the torrent had, it seems that the product code that my phone has does not match the one the files have. The package file reads product code: 059Q1J2 and according to the NSU program it reads that my phone has product code: 059R380 so I am not sure if this is why it isn't working. I am aware that the GDR2 OTA update was released today but I have not been successful installing it either, everytime I check for updates it tells that my phone is up to date. Is anyone else having this issue or is there someone that can help me figure out what's going on?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)