Step by step to update your 810 to GDR2/Amber...

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Follow these steps to get your Lumia 810 to OS to 8.0.1327.77 and your fw to 3043.0000.1326.0017
This update effectively performs a hard reset on your device so be sure to backup app lists, texts, pics and videos.

First, you can start the torrent d/l of the update files I've shared (and hopefully others are still sharing)
attempt 2.torrent
The file is compressed as a .rar to make it easier to share (521 MB vs 1300 MB)
If you don't have winrar, 7-zip or something similar for extracting .rar files, google one and install.
When the torrent is finished, double click on the rm-878.rar and extract it somewhere easy to find (like desktop)

Download and install the Nokia Software Updater for Retail 3.0.8
http://jkorondy.com/NokiaLumia920/Nokia_Software_Updater_For_Retail_3.0.8.exe

If the Nokia Software is running, close it, then...

You have to click on Organize when you open my computer or are in C:/ Organize > Folder and Search Options > View (tab) > and make sure you have "Show hidden files, folder and drives" checked or circled. then press Apply > Ok and then "ProgramData" folder in your C: drive will show up.

Navigate to C:// ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/
Inside the Products folder is where you'll place the entire rm-878 folder so that it now looks like
C:// ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/rm-878/ with eleven files inside

Restart the Nokia Software Updater, connect your Lumia 810.
Click on Server Configuration, then click the Work Offline box near the bottom.

It should take you bake to the Home tab with the option now to update to 3043.0000.1326.0017
Click Update and follow the onscreen steps.

If I wasn't clear on a particular step let me know and I'll edit as necessary. I know at least one user dave0538 was successful with my torrent files, so good luck!

Last edited:

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Go get it guys.. Installed it last night it.. Always nice to have updated..amber is included..but cant download smart cam.. :| no fm too..glance was nice and ofcourse storage check was the big deal! Was dreaming at the last moment that LTE got enabled hahaha 😉

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Go get it guys.. Installed it last night it.. Always nice to have updated..amber is included..but cant download smart cam.. :| ��

Smart Cam is not the same, too bad that proxy doesn't work that would have been a way to download it since your phone model isn't recognized.

Last edited:

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much bsipe9 and everyone else that helped!!!! I just got it installed on my Lumia and so far its awesome!!!

Your very welcome. Glad I could help and glad it worked out for you.
If everyone would continue to share the torrent at least for a day or two that would be helpful since we're not a huge population. I'll keep it active on my end for as long as I can.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Mine failed to update it wouldn't connect.

Tried 3 times and I'm not gonna risk "breaking" (the warning) the phone.

Last edited:

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Yea, I tried to work through it just now, but my phone isnt showing up on NSU; it just asks me to connect a device.

I just connected to a different USB port on my laptop and the driver installed and phone connected that port I had been using has a bad connection I forgot about that.

markdotinc

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
FML, I've tried all the usb ports, no luck. I can open up the sync app and transfer stuff to my phone, but NSU is still asking me to connect a device. noooooooo....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte