Step by step to update your 810 to GDR2/Amber...

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Uninstall, reinstall the program. Try to remove all the other support software it installed also.

I'm downloading the torrent now. I will seed it for as long as possible (my router has torrent in it, so it's no big deal to keep it going).

P.S.
Why RAR when ZIP is supported in just about anything? Sure it may not compress as much... But...

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Uninstall, reinstall the program. Try to remove all the other support software it installed also.

I'm downloading the torrent now. I will seed it for as long as possible (my router has torrent in it, so it's no big deal to keep it going).

P.S.
Why RAR when ZIP is supported in just about anything? Sure it may not compress as much... But...
But..what ?
don't look gift horse in the mouth without the rar file you wouldn't have it -instead of 8itching you should thank besipe9 & daveo538:eck:

abominator

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a lot bro, just updated, and now syncing my accounts, everything looks awesome!

It seems the "Nokia message" sound for SMS/IM is a bit different, is not as loud as before

Last edited:

David Barna

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else getting an error message that states: "Firmware Package 3043.0000.1326.0017 is corrupted. Download package again or select another firmware." ????

David Barna

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I also tried it on another computer, two more actually and I am not having very much luck... When I extract the files with 7-Zip I keep getting the same message "Data Error in 'rm-878/RM878_3043.0000.1326.0017_RETAIL_nam_usa_100_17_226135_prd_signed.ffu' File is broken" When I use WinRAR I get a similar message for that same file.

Oh well. I am glad that it is working for others! Hopefully T-Moblow does not keep us waiting much longer.

Thanks

Greall55

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have any idea about the photos quality after amber update, seem that it's too much noise in low light, and lack of detail, even the front facing camera the same, it's really bad, like captured by a 0.3 mpx cam :/
p.s heard that lumia 920 has this camera issue too

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have any idea about the photos quality after amber update, seem that it's too much noise in low light, and lack of detail, even the front facing camera the same, it's really bad, like captured by a 0.3 mpx cam :/
p.s heard that lumia 920 has this camera issue too

i noticed the same problem too. i raised this issue also somewhere here and you are the 1st i saw who posted the same issue...

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
a quick glance at it, and yeah the live view image seems grainey.

Maybe this was a test update and we're the Ginny pig's and Nokia is taking note. I remember testing the
original 810 camera at night taking photos of the keyboard of my laptop at night and the keys were surprisingly sharp, this now looks like the 521.
I'm not so concerned with the live view I'm concerned with the way the photo looks.

Last edited:

Greall55

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Maybe this was a test update and we're the Ginny pig's and Nokia is taking note. I remember testing the
original 810 camera at night taking photos of the keyboard of my laptop at night and the keys were surprisingly sharp, this now looks like the 521.
I'm not so concerned with the live view I'm concerned with the way the photo looks.

My frd with a lumia 920 and he told me 'bout the same problem, beside that a lot of the other ones from VietNamese windowsphone 4rum stuck in this fail camera update too, i have no idea. Anyone has told or reported about this problem to Nokia/ M$ yet?
I hope they?ll get it soon and fix asap *tears*

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
My frd with a lumia 920 and he told me 'bout the same problem, beside that a lot of the other ones from VietNamese windowsphone 4rum stuck in this fail camera update too, i have no idea. Anyone has told or reported about this problem to Nokia/ M$ yet?
I hope they?ll get it soon and fix asap *tears*

This only happened when I installed the Amber update. I bet Nokia will say it's because the Amber update isn't configured for the 810's camera so they won't even touch it since they wouldn't consider it their problem - I created the "problem". Lumia 920 has a 8.7 MP PureView the 810 has an 8MP the 920 sold in the USA has had good, not great reviews for the camera.

Greall55

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
This only happened when I installed the Amber update. I bet Nokia will say it's because the Amber update isn't configured for the 810's camera so they won't even touch it since they wouldn't consider it their problem - I created the "problem". Lumia 920 has a 8.7 MP PureView the 810 has an 8MP the 920 sold in the USA has had good, not great reviews for the camera.

I got the problem, set iso from auto to a specific number (any number up to u, just not the auto), and everything will be as well as before update, front facing cam is the same. :D

May be that's the iso of the 920 has been up to 3200 from 800 and Nokia hasn't fix it with lu 810 so we got noise photos

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I was going to do this for the hell of it, even though I'm using a Rogers 920 as I'm keeping my 810 as a backup device. However, the torrent is saying it's only 40.99KB in size! I guess I'm too late to the party and will have to wait to see if there's an actual OTA update coming our way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs