Step by step to update your 810 to GDR2/Amber...

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Oops, okay... I think after reading some of the posts here, I'm going to wait to see if there's an OTA update, though. I never had a big issue with the "Other" storage and I'd hate to see the camera get lousy like others are saying the update has made it.

donkiluminate

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
A couple questions for y'all. Is there any hope of keeping the torrent going until this weekend? I won't get a chance to flash until Friday.

Also, can I flash back to the previous firmware/GDR if I want to?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
A couple questions for y'all. Is there any hope of keeping the torrent going until this weekend? I won't get a chance to flash until Friday.

Also, can I flash back to the previous firmware/GDR if I want to?
I'll keep the torrent going till T-mo pushes it out to everyone.

I was just wonder the same thing, going back. I've updated, so far, so good.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
So.. by chance did anyone keep a copy of the old firmware? Stupidly I didn't.

If someone did, please message me so maybe we can workout an exchange process.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
So.. by chance did anyone keep a copy of the old firmware? Stupidly I didn't.

If someone did, please message me so maybe we can workout an exchange process.

Check your Recycle Bin unless it automatically deletes those items. You deleted it -as you should when you replaced so it would still be there in the trash.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Does GDR2 on 810 allow Wi-Fi calling?

Does /will T Mobile is the real question ? Amber update didn't do anything Wi-Fi calling related. GDR2 even if it is a software patch
( Google GDR2 and see what it entails) it still depends on the carrier T Mobile

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I got the problem, set iso from auto to a specific number (any number up to u, just not the auto), and everything will be as well as before update, front facing cam is the same. :D

May be that's the iso of the 920 has been up to 3200 from 800 and Nokia hasn't fix it with lu 810 so we got noise photos

That would make sense if a camera worked that way, 3200 would have more noise than 800 but if set at Auto in low light & somehow the camera set ISO to 3200 that wouldn't change the live view and live view doesn't change with higher ISO and it's noticeably grainer than before.
Live view is only brighter or darker with exposure compensation but even a brighter live view doesn't change the noticeably grainer look, and if AUTO set it to 3200 (because it's low light) then the image would be brighter because 3200 is 4 "stops" more than 800 ISO and captures more light = an image lit more, and it's just as dark as when I set it manually to 800 and it should be brighter.

Last edited:

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Don't like the grainy basic camera app after the update? Why not load Nokia Pro Cam!
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...kia-video-upload-video-trimmer-l920-gdr2.html
Still somewhat grainy but this is a consolation for me and my EOL'd device. Another plus is that you could set it as the default camera app when you press the camera/shutter button (just go to Photos App/Hub -> Go to Settings -> Select Nokia Pro Cam as default instead of the built in Camera app)
It worked for my Lumia 810

(This is my first post by the way... been a lurker until this sweet bomb of an update that we got this week. I'm one of those who vocally Tweet, FB comment on TMo about the lack of info Re: updates)

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Don't like the grainy basic camera app after the update? Why not load Nokia Pro Cam!
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...kia-video-upload-video-trimmer-l920-gdr2.html
Still somewhat grainy but this is a consolation for me and my EOL'd device. Another plus is that you could set it as the default camera app when you press the camera/shutter button (just go to Photos App/Hub -> Go to Settings -> Select Nokia Pro Cam as default instead of the built in Camera app)
It worked for my Lumia 810

(This is my first post by the way... been a lurker until this sweet bomb of an update that we got this week. I'm one of those who vocally Tweet, FB comment on TMo about the lack of info Re: updates)

You forgot to mention that you have to install fiddler or on your pc and....I wouldn't know how to do all that, I just barely figured out how to install Amber and GDR2 isn't in that package/

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, but check the link please...

So... you were saying?
View attachment 39409
View attachment 39410
View attachment 39411

All photos taken by a still functional and ever trusty Nokia N82

I removed that comment before the final post and sure IF you can figure out how to do what the links says to then you can, but the majority of the world doesn't live and breath computers.
I applaud those who do but your ilk is often amazed that the majority of the world does not live in that world...and assumes we do.
When Assign APN proxy for your primary WiFi connection: 117.135.139.179, port 8888 was working ( it no longer is ) I downloaded apps from the UK that weren't meant for this market (USA) and model : 810 but that was a relatively easy how to.
Also you know why no Wi-Fi on your 810 ?
Nokia Lumia Amber update will contain GDR2 in it. Amber will be available to the entire Lumia Windows Phone 8 product portfolio, but some features will not be available to all devices.

And Pro Cam won't effect the lens or aperture of the 810, you will shoot faster and you'll have more manual control but it won't improve the hardware.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I removed that comment before the final post
Obviously I was typing reply as you were editing that post that I quoted.

Why are you b******g about my post? It's a suggestion. You're in a tech related site, of course people will post jargon, deal with it. You have google to help you. Did I say that I'm assuming ALL OF YOU know how to? No. Did I say you MUST do it? Definitely not! It's always a do it on your own risk kind of thing. And obviously I know it does not Affect the optics of the 810 camera. I did not say anything about improving the hardware.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
And Pro Cam won't effect the lens or aperture of the 810, you will shoot faster and you'll have more manual control but it won't improve the hardware.

I would agree based on my observation so far. I followed the fiddler steps today, got it working on 820 (not 810..sorry TMO) and tried couple of snaps with default cam and with Pro Cam. As you said, being same hardware, you feel only diff in process...output looks same to me on cam and on PC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss