Step by step to update your 810 to GDR2/Amber...

Kaggz

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Could you, or someone else please share another torrent link - or somewhere else we can download that Amber update file (the rar file)? I've been waiting a couple days now and there doesn't seem to be any active peers for that torrent.

Thanks

Follow these steps to get your Lumia 810 to OS to 8.0.1327.77 and your fw to 3043.0000.1326.0017
This update effectively performs a hard reset on your device so be sure to backup app lists, texts, pics and videos.

First, you can start the torrent d/l of the update files I've shared (and hopefully others are still sharing)
attempt 2.torrent
The file is compressed as a .rar to make it easier to share (521 MB vs 1300 MB)
If you don't have winrar, 7-zip or something similar for extracting .rar files, google one and install.
When the torrent is finished, double click on the rm-878.rar and extract it somewhere easy to find (like desktop)

Download and install the Nokia Software Updater for Retail 3.0.8
http://jkorondy.com/NokiaLumia920/Nokia_Software_Updater_For_Retail_3.0.8.exe

If the Nokia Software is running, close it, then...

You have to click on Organize when you open my computer or are in C:/ Organize > Folder and Search Options > View (tab) > and make sure you have "Show hidden files, folder and drives" checked or circled. then press Apply > Ok and then "ProgramData" folder in your C: drive will show up.

Navigate to C:// ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/
Inside the Products folder is where you'll place the entire rm-878 folder so that it now looks like
C:// ProgramData/Nokia/Packages/Products/rm-878/ with eleven files inside

Restart the Nokia Software Updater, connect your Lumia 810.
Click on Server Configuration, then click the Work Offline box near the bottom.

It should take you bake to the Home tab with the option now to update to 3043.0000.1326.0017
Click Update and follow the onscreen steps.

If I wasn't clear on a particular step let me know and I'll edit as necessary. I know at least one user dave0538 was successful with my torrent files, so good luck!

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Could you, or someone else please share another torrent link - or somewhere else we can download that Amber update file (the rar file)? I've been waiting a couple days now and there doesn't seem to be any active peers for that torrent.

Thanks

I'm still seeding the original. Make sure you have DHT enabled (which it should be nowadays).

Kaggz

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm still seeding the original. Make sure you have DHT enabled (which it should be nowadays).

Thanks for the follow-up Guzzler3. I had to google what the heck DHT was! LOL. I'm fairly technical, but my knowledge about torrents is very basic. Anyway,i normally use Vuze for my torrents, and from the suggestions I found for making sure DHT is enabled, it appeared it WAS enabled on mine. I tried checking off all the other related checkboxes in my preferences but nothing fixed it. Long story short, I decided to try another Torrent client, so I downloaded the official BitTorrent client and tried using that - it works!!!! Weird, never had a torrent fail to download via Vuze before. Anyway, thanks for giving me the idea to double-check my client :)

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks! It worked like a charm for now... ProCam just seems to be a bit better fit for me than the others in the Market. I didn't even mind pay the $2-3 for ProShot, but it just doesn't seem as polished as the Nokia version. Thanks again!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Btw anyone afraid of flashing w/ the memory card in, it doesn't wipe or damage the card i have done it a couple of times with a uhs class 10 32gb from sandisk

falsehopess

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
im having trouble with some of the phones settings after doing this update. Network+ will not launch and neither will "audio" where you can adjust the phones equalizer...anyone have any clue how to fix this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb