Step by step to update your 810 to GDR2/Amber...

alexloe

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
059R380 is the RETAILDEMO variant. For this variant there are no flash files available. You will have to wait for the Care Suite release for 059Q1J2 and flash with Care Suite then.

zbvz

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your response! So pretty much I'm screwed until they decide to release the flash files and that's if they ever do..am I right? :/
btw, how were you able to find that 059R380 is the retail demo version? I did a google search and I couldn't find anything about it.

UPDATE: I was able to get Amber to download after Flashing Care suite.

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your response! So pretty much I'm screwed until they decide to release the flash files and that's if they ever do..am I right? :/
btw, how were you able to find that 059R380 is the retail demo version? I did a google search and I couldn't find anything about it.

Download the 1250 non retail demo rom for the 810 and do a dead flash. Then you can update ota as others

zbvz

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
How exactly were you able to install the Pro Cam app on the 810? I have followed all the instructions and looked through all the comments provided in the thread that you posted but I still can't get the app to download. I keep getting the message that says "This is app is not available for your device. Tap here for more info". Thank you in advance!
Yeah, but check the link please...

So... you were saying?
View attachment 39409
View attachment 39410
View attachment 39411

All photos taken by a still functional and ever trusty Nokia N82

alexloe

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site

When T-Mobile kicked off Lumia 810 out of there shops some devices were sold to end users. And all of them were from the 059R380 batch.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
How exactly were you able to install the Pro Cam app on the 810? I have followed all the instructions and looked through all the comments provided in the thread that you posted but I still can't get the app to download. I keep getting the message that says "This is app is not available for your device. Tap here for more info". Thank you in advance!

It seems you have not yet enabled the proxy/tunnel via fiddler?

zbvz

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I checked the box that says allow remote computers to connect, I am not sure if this is what you mean. If not, how can I enable the proxy/tunnel?

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Have you gone to the WiFi settings on your phone, and clicked on the same wifi as your computer, and manually enable proxy and input the computer IP and port?

zbvz

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
That's what I'm thinking. Here's what I have, can you check to see if it matches what you had?

static function OnBeforeRequest(oSession: Session) {

if(oSession.uriContains("RM-878_nam_usa_100"))
{
oSession.url = oSession.url.Replace("RM-878_nam_usa_100","RM-877_nam_att_205");
}

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
It looks fine to me... But, for which apps are you using this? It should work with pro cam. The rest of the apps are now unlocked for our lumia 810's (smart cam, video trimmer, video upload) and you should be able to download them without the proxy.

zbvz

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm only using it to download Pro Cam since I already have all the other ones. That's weird though, I guess I will try it on a different computer later today to see if I get any results. Thank you for your response!

zbvz

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. Airplane mode with sim and w/out sim. I have pretty much tried everything everyone suggested on the thread, that's why I'm hoping its just the computer or fiddler.

zbvz

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
It was a computer issue, I just tried the same steps on my laptop and it worked! Time to play with the app now. Thanks for your help.

Guillermo810

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
is there any fix on the camera n video problem , afrter the amber update they seem with huge noise while recording a video at night n it just doesnt look good or acceptable, if any of u guys could help me i would be very thankful !

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Same here, anyone with the OTA update having any issues with the camera quality?

so.. even OTA updated lumia 810 is having the cam noise issue.. i got my phone updated when the update got leaked.. i can tell camera quality really went down.. it is now even darker..the photo quality as well....

got a question though, a wild one :excited: anybody here thought of using lumia 820 firmware for 810?since they are very much related to each other.specs wise. i was thinking if it would enable LTE, FM and the cam quality improves.. hehehe just a thought.. :excited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster