TIPS/FIXES/OBSERVATIONS Amber Update

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
The ability to move offline map data to your sd card. Which is a pretty sweet little bonus if you ask me. Before, I'd only had my state saved, because combined with my "Other" being over 2.5GB I didn't have the room for anything else. Now I can put the whole eastern half of the US on there if I want. And since I just ran into a scenario coming home from North Carolina where I had no cell coverage and therefore couldn't access maps, I'm glad to have this now.

I'll agree to be dumb if I can see the difference between ''storage check" and 'Lumia' "storage check" but I don't.
=Never Mind I didn't have the SD card installed - Now I see it :eek:rly:

wp_ss_20130808_0009.jpg wp_ss_20130808_0010.jpg

Last edited:

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Got the Pro Cam and all others working with no issues, but I can't dl the WiFi app using Fiddler with 925 product code it doesn't work for me. Any help would be appreciated.
What WiFI app? You mean WiFi calling? I downloaded it but doesn't work for me.. :cry: I suppose we're just missing a setting app, much like the extras+info update for GDR2 that enabled the call+SMS filter.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What WiFI app? You mean WiFi calling? I downloaded it but doesn't work for me.. :cry: I suppose we're just missing a setting app, much like the extras+info update for GDR2 that enabled the call+SMS filter.

Yea I meant WiFi calling, can't even dl the thing. you might want to try a hard reset to see if you can get it working.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Try installing it via the SD card method (on your desktop you can search for it on windowsphone.com and download the .xap)
You still have to use the fiddler proxy as 925 while you sideload it. That method also worked for me

As for hard resetting... I don't want to keep on rearranging tiles and losing app data :cry:

shadohh

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Your lumia storage check is not up to date it appears.

I recommend using Lumia Pusher app, it lets you force updates. I was able to get the new extras+info with that and I didnt have to play with fiddler.

btw...anyone have a guide for using fiddler?

I'll agree to be dumb if I can see the difference between ''storage check" and 'Lumia' "storage check" but I don't.
=Never Mind I didn't have the SD card installed - Now I see it :eek:rly:

View attachment 39482 View attachment 39483

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Your lumia storage check is not up to date it appears.

I recommend using Lumia Pusher app, it lets you force updates. I was able to get the new extras+info with that and I didnt have to play with fiddler.

btw...anyone have a guide for using fiddler?

Obviously you didn't read that I edit the post with this =Never Mind I didn't have the SD card installed - Now I see it

I didn't want to re post a screen shot, I didn't have an SD card installed, once I did I saw that I had the choice to move maps to SD card.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Yea I meant WiFi calling, can't even dl the thing. you might want to try a hard reset to see if you can get it working.
Unless you have a 521 or a 920 /925 Wi-Fi Calling doesn't function anyway on your 810 so don't bother,
if TM allows the 810 to use Wi-Fi calling the app will be available to you without issue. I had the app on my 810 w/
Amber and it just looks pretty ( it's a nice blue) the buttons work but no Wi-Fi calling.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Unless you have a 521 or a 920 /925 Wi-Fi Calling doesn't function anyway on your 810 so don't bother,
if TM allows the 810 to use Wi-Fi calling the app will be available to you without issue. I had the app on my 810 w/
Amber and it just looks pretty ( it's a nice blue) the buttons work but no Wi-Fi calling.

I got it in the 810 finally, I used the 521 product code.

rynthnyltrr

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
am i the only one having this problem? some photos on background images cannot be selected after the update.. i'm using lumia 820.. try it for yourself.. specially the new wallpapers that was added..

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Only reporting a minor thing here... I'm not sure if this is due to the update or a WP bug that I've only experienced for the first time.... I had a call immediately after I finished a prior call and the screen went black for the upper two-thirds while and the bottom third is darkened. Touch was still working and still managed to tap the blue answer button (despite only showing half of it). Went away after the call. weird

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Only reporting a minor thing here... I'm not sure if this is due to the update or a WP bug that I've only experienced for the first time.... I had a call immediately after I finished a prior call and the screen went black for the upper two-thirds while and the bottom third is darkened. Touch was still working and still managed to tap the blue answer button (despite only showing half of it). Went away after the call. weird

It was leaked so we could be the Ginny pigs, what better way to get feed back without taking responsibility for issues.
It isn't the official Amber release in effect we have an "illegal" bootleg version and "how could Nokia be responsible for issues when it's not even the final version
and not ready for release ? " This isn't unusual for companies to do this, what better way to test than in real world situations ? it's a lot better than in a lab, a lab can
only hope to mimic what humans do in every day use. Nokia did this with forethought but with the lack of evidence that it was meant for public ''consumption " will make any denial of responsibility not only plausible but credible - that way if there are numerous issues that cause harm or ultimate failure to one's phone Nokia can avoid responsibility and get away with it.
In effect this is theft of intellectual property -just because you find something doesn't make it yours if it belongs to someone else, and this Amber update belongs to Nokia until they decide to release it publicly. I just hope that "the screen went black for the upper two-thirds while and the bottom third is darkened" isn't a sign of things to come.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
It was leaked so we could be the Ginny pigs, what better way to get feed back without taking responsibility for issues.
It isn't the official Amber release in effect we have an "illegal" bootleg version and "how could Nokia be responsible for issues when it's not even the final version
and not ready for release ? " This isn't unusual for companies to do this, what better way to test than in real world situations ? it's a lot better than in a lab, a lab can
only hope to mimic what humans do in every day use. Nokia did this with forethought but with the lack of evidence that it was meant for public ''consumption " will make any denial of responsibility not only plausible but credible - that way if there are numerous issues that cause harm or ultimate failure to one's phone Nokia can avoid responsibility and get away with it.
In effect this is theft of intellectual property -just because you find something doesn't make it yours if it belongs to someone else, and this Amber update belongs to Nokia until they decide to release it publicly. I just hope that "the screen went black for the upper two-thirds while and the bottom third is darkened" isn't a sign of things to come.
You know, they could've just left Navifirm open to everyone if they wanted to do this.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

where the f**ck in my post did i say that i blame MS/Nokia for the problems, that I'm claiming the update to be all mine??? WTF is wrong with you and your pessimistic presumptive attitude that's all over these forums?!?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
where the f**ck in my post did i say that i blame MS/Nokia for the problems, that I'm claiming the update to be all mine??? WTF is wrong with you and your pessimistic presumptive attitude that's all over these forums?!?

I know you didn't, did I say you did ? NO I was using only ONE thing that you mentioned and made a comment that Nokia, if issues like your problem continued ( for the rest of us was clearly implied) Nokia can deny culpability. If you just focused on that instead of just seeing you quoted then you would know that I didn't say you blamed anyone. Where did I say you blamed anyone ?

If I thought you did, I'd say it, I don't mince words.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99