810 photo/video quality after GDR2/Amber

AccentAE86

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys!

I just want to get some first hand reports on the image quality in low light. Some people said it doesn't do so well after the update. I'd like to hear your experiences. I haven't updated yet, and if the image quality really isn't good, then I may not update at all.

I'd love it if people can post up some low light shots (and definitely some with no flash).

Also, I've heard that it really affects video quality in Skype calls. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks!

Guillermo810

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
me too ive been having the same issue on the low quality after amber update on photo & video , someone knows how to rollback the phone to the original firmware? im very dissapointed that this update downgraded the camera quality in that huge way... if someone knows how to rollback it plz message me or make a post step by step it will be amazing to have it like before amber....

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm not sure if its the gdr2 pr the amber that affects the photo quality. If it is gdr2, I don't think there's anything u can do about it. However, if it is the amber, then I think a hard reset will tae care of that. Once u hard reset, just don't update the Nokia system apps. That should keep it pre-amber, if I a not mistaken.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
A hard reset just keeps the software that's there it doesn't remove it, just like if you did a hard reset before you installed Amber, that pre Amber software was still there.

My phone came with Firmware version 1532.2108.1242.2001 when I updated to V. 1532.5951.1250.1004 and did a hard reset/factory restore it still had V. 1532.5951.1250.1004

Last edited:

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, interesting. When I started experiencing battery drain issues after updating to amber, I performed a hard reset. Actually, I performed 4 total hard resets in all. And each time, the new features that came with amber were no where to be found. And even under extras+info it no longer said 'amber'. It was only after I had updated those Nokia systems apps did those other features return. That was my experience though.

edwardtkl

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
The Amber is always there once you update it, no matter how many times you reset.

But the newer version of "extra+info" will help you to indentify it is a amber, while the older version of "extra+info" have no idea what is a amber at all

L0KII

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
seems that the problem is the ISO.. set not to auto, but a value, and it'll be goes better. (try also to disable or change settings of autofocus assist)

Last edited:

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
seems that the problem is the ISO.. set not to auto, but a value, and it'll be goes better. (try also to disable or change settings of autofocus assist)

All that might be true BUT we shouldn't have to compensate for issue that weren't there before the update. Nokia or MS needs to see why this is happening.

I've had success contacting Nokia here
https://twitter.com/NokiaHelps
if you can stand communicating with only 140 characters, these techs listen and help -we all need to bombard them with this issue
and they won't get back right away but just keep tweeting the same issue over and over and they will get back.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I had good luck when I forced the ProCam app onto my 810. I liked it because I could see how images looked before clicking the shutter. Granted I had to be careful not to exceed certain settings (iso, etc.) that were out of range of the 810's capabilities. But the app let me know because the settings would turn red, so it wasn't difficult.

I haven't had a Skype call since the update, so I can't say if there is an issue on my phone. But I will admit that in the preview mode right now in low light settings, things don't look very good, grainy and colors are off. But if I just take a picture, in auto no flash, the final images are good.

I haven't put the app back on, because another continuing experiment. I plan on putting it back on my phone in a couple days

Guillermo810

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
in my case the mayor problem is in the video mode , if i make a video at night or with low light the video quality seems awfully grainy n it doesnt seems to be HD 1080 lol it looks horrible, maybe u guys can help me fix it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte