When is SHARE photo not Share as in Facebook, Outlook, Twitter et al.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes when I edit I get this screen with the flying camera icon & when tap ...
I get the flying camera icon with share and when I tap the flying camera icon it just recycles
and doesn't take me to what I normally get when I tap ... and share as shown in lower photos
when it brings up the options, Messaging OUTLOOK et al as shown below. Is that flying camera icon for NFC or what ?

wp_ss_20130924_0004 (1).jpg wp_ss_20130924_0003.jpg

wp_ss_20130925_0003.jpgwp_ss_20130925_0004.jpgwp_ss_20130925_0002.jpg

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Are you saying that you are unable to share the first picture (the one with the boats)?
I can share it even if I don't edit it but
when I take a picture I've done nothing to it other than saving it and it's in Camera Roll or Saved and I choose to edit in either the built in editor or edit in creative studio and I make an adjustment and then save, after it saves and (I'm still on the same screen) the picture on the top appears with the flying camera icon if I then tap the icon it just recycles the page it doesn't give options. Now if I go back to that edited picture and even if I didn't tap the flying camera after I edited, I can then go back to that edited picture, I tap the three dots ( it will be like the palm tree photo ) and share... edit... delete etc appear as in the second set of pictures if I then tap share I get the options in the last picture.
But I don't have to edit to choose to share it's always available so even if I don't tap the flying icon after I edit I can still share when I tap any photo. So what is the point of that flying camera icon ? it's redundant, actually less than redundant as it appears to have no function unless it's what you tap for NFC sharing of fotos...

Last edited:

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
If you are asking if there is a bug in the "share" feature in some of the editing programs, the answer is YES...

I ran into the same issue, and the problem is that the third party editors seem to be lacking the proper permissions to 'share' the images. The temporary workaround seems to be to 'save' the image, then go to photos and share it from there. I have a feeling we will see patches either through the Apps or through the firmware that will take care of this in the future, but for now, it's super annoying!

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
If you are asking if there is a bug in the "share" feature in some of the editing programs, the answer is YES...

I ran into the same issue, and the problem is that the third party editors seem to be lacking the proper permissions to 'share' the images. The temporary workaround seems to be to 'save' the image, then go to photos and share it from there. I have a feeling we will see patches either through the Apps or through the firmware that will take care of this in the future, but for now, it's super annoying!

Yeah maybe, but when I use Smart Cam that flying camera icon appears when I review the picture and when I tap that icon it takes me to the page with the options Facefoot, OUTLOOK etc. but when I use Pro Cam or the built in camera and review the picture that icon appears, and after I tap... it just recycles & the photo reappears, so it's not just 3rd party editors, the built in and Creative Studio aren't 3rd party... so who knows.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Creative Studio is a 3rd party App made by Nokia... It's not part of Windows Phone itself... I can only relay what I heard and that was that there is a bug in the "share" feature when accessing it from inside any editors (this would include 3rd party camera's as well).

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Creative Studio is a 3rd party App made by Nokia... It's not part of Windows Phone itself... I can only relay what I heard and that was that there is a bug in the "share" feature when accessing it from inside any editors (this would include 3rd party camera's as well).
OK, even IF I don't edit a Pro Cam pic and the flying camera icon appears, tapping it only recycles the page apparently it only connects to a share option when I use Smart Cam even tho it appears when I edit other times and use Nokia's cameras or the built in camera. It's a bug. I can share any photos at anytime when I tap the photo and share..., edit..., delete..., etc appear but when that flying camera share icon is visible, I'm not arguing with you I'm just saying it's only functional with Smart Cam, -I just found out it also works with Blink too.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I get what you are saying, but Pro Cam isn't even compatible with the 810 - without a hack - which is just makes this a rather silly argument. It should work with Blink as it is a Microsoft additional lens, not a 3rd party App like Pro Cam or Smart Cam... Now the fact that it worked with Smart Cam is a bit of a mystery... Maybe it's been updated more recently and has a bug fix for the sharing issue and Pro Cam does not? I'll poke around and see if I can find an answer to that one, but Pro Cam probably will continue to have some issues running on the 810 for a while.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
It's absurd that it wouldn't work with Nokia lenses, since you can choose the Pro Cam or the Smart Cam along with the built in to be the default which are developed by Nokia it's their not like Nokia's Battery Pro+ which is only published by and has another developer name associated with it. It should work with all Nokia lenses and all Microsoft lenses but it doesn't even work with the built in (MS) which also isn't compatible with the share icon. So it works with two lenses Nokia's Smart Cam and Microsoft's Blink but not MS' built in. But it only appears when using Nokia's lenses, Panoramic, Pro Shot, Smart Shoot, Smart Cam -all Nokia and it only appears with the one MS lens and not even the built in and doesn't appear with any non Nokia lenses like ProShot or OneShot or Refocus etc. Bug.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte