Amber is AVAILABLE AGAIN!

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I heard that AT&T was having issues with LTE compatibility again... Maybe... Just maybe this is why T-Mo chose NOT to activate the LTE radios in the 810?

jagu

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
This is weird! I tried updating by going to Phone Update and Check for Update.... I get the message, your phone is already up to date!

Can someone else confirm it's working?

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
This is weird! I tried updating by going to Phone Update and Check for Update.... I get the message, your phone is already up to date!

Can someone else confirm it's working?

Do a reboot and try again. Certainly is AVAILABLE.. So just keep trying until the phone dies lol

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
This is weird! I tried updating by going to Phone Update and Check for Update.... I get the message, your phone is already up to date! Can someone else confirm it's working?

Maybe Mr Update is distracted by your avatar picture and forgets what you asked it to do? :smile:

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes I received mine Saturday morning and so far so good. I wonder how long they will lag on pushing the GDR3 Bittersweet update once it goes live

jagu

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Guys this is really weird! I am not getting my update for some reason! I have restarted my phone many times and i am on WI-FI. I have tried to check it many times and it keeps saying phone is already up-to-date. I haven't even got the GDR2 update yet, let alone Amber... I have a developer phone that i bought from a guy on Craigslist

Attachments

• WP_20131010 1.png
    WP_20131010 1.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 2
  • WP_20131010 2.png
    WP_20131010 2.png
    46.9 KB · Views: 1
  • WP_20131010.png
    WP_20131010.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 1

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Guys this is really weird! I am not getting my update for some reason! I have restarted my phone many times and i am on WI-FI. I have tried to check it many times and it keeps saying phone is already up-to-date. I haven't even got the GDR2 update yet, let alone Amber... I have a developer phone that i bought from a guy on Craigslist

Well if you want it tthat badly the last alternative is to hard reset the device and see what happens..

jagu

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Just tried to hard reset and exact same thing happened. Phone is already up to date. Damn, does anyone else know why this is happening?

Jnbs

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Just tried to hard reset and exact same thing happened. Phone is already up to date. Damn, does anyone else know why this is happening?

That is super weird. Just go and buy a 521 off best buy for 89.99 lol it will be easier that way to get GDR2

jagu

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
That is super weird. Just go and buy a 521 off best buy for 89.99 lol it will be easier that way to get GDR2
LOL i already have a 520 so no that is not the solution i am looking for...

But, i took my chances and Dead Flashed my device with the Nokia Software Updater 4.1.0 tool and after that i got the update. I think it was because i had an unsupported firmware on my phone and after i flashed a supported firmware the updates started to roll in. I hope this helps anyone else who has the same issue as i did.

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
all of your software version match what I show the only thing missing in your screeshot is the Lumia Amber Your About page is behind though... have you tried using the Nokia software updater to flash the rom onto it?

yentenebcc_1

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello Jagu,
I am having same problem with you. i download the NSU 4.1.0 and want to flash it. but i dont know how to do it. please can you give me step to flash using NSU 4.1.0.
Before i flash, i want to share you that i am in Bhutan(country). i purchase my phone from India market(nokia dealer). but my country named Bhutan is not under the list of Amber availbility. LL i get Amber software with NSU to my Nokia Lumia 520?

jagu

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
This is what about ( your phone) should read with a T Mobile Lumia 810 after Amber/GDR2
View attachment 46505
Thanks man. Yeah after i flashed my phone by clicking "My Device Does not boot up" and flashing the phone. Everything went well and my phone is working great! I get twice as much battery life as i used to.

yentenebcc_1 Just connect your phone to the computer and then Open NSU 4.1.0 and then Click the button "My Device Does not boot up" and just follow direction on screen. Sometimes if it is stuck at "connecting to phone" and your phone is already booted and in the start screen then try to turn it off while connected to the pc and it will restart automatically and continue with the process. It should download the necessary rom to flash for your firm and after the process is done, you will receive GDR2 and Amber updates. I am from the US, but i am not sure about Bhutan so you might want to double check with someone else.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks man. Yeah after i flashed my phone by clicking "My Device Does not boot up" and flashing the phone. Everything went well and my phone is working great! I get twice as much battery life as i used to.

yentenebcc_1 Just connect your phone to the computer and then Open NSU 4.1.0 and then Click the button "My Device Does not boot up" and just follow direction on screen. Sometimes if it is stuck at "connecting to phone" and your phone is already booted and in the start screen then try to turn it off while connected to the pc and it will restart automatically and continue with the process. It should download the necessary rom to flash for your firm and after the process is done, you will receive GDR2 and Amber updates. I am from the US, but i am not sure about Bhutan so you might want to double check with someone else.

You now can upgrade to GDR3 then...

yentenebcc_1

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I have successfully upgraded my phone to amber. Everything works fine but 3G stop working. Only 2g is working. Well. Although I changed highest speed option to 3G, it is very slow. Signal also show only E instead of showing H while changing to to 3G.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon