810 standard battery door in CYAN or RED ?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I was sent this picture by a friend it is NOT a wireless charging shell but a standard battery back but in CYAN (or RED apparently )
This means you can change the back cover to CYAN or RED without the Qi pad and without having a thicker cover which most don't want
and get what the 810 was supposed to have when first reported, I'll post a picture when and if she sends me one, she is traveling in SE Asia and saw it
in Singapore. She was told RED is also available.
cyancover.png

(click for an enlarged view)
Nokia 810 Battery door CYAN.jpg

This is the CYAN battery door with Qi, the ridges indicate the shell used for the wireless it is as you know slightly thicker.

nokia_lumia_810_back_cover_blue_02__81715_1364801593_1280_1280.jpg

Last edited:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Cyan will match well, I'm not sure with cyan and red together it may clash with each other however it will stand out.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Flip a coin :p

I would go with red or both.

If I ever get one I'll let everyone know if it's any good. I was disappointed to find out that
T Mobile only offered the 810 in black when initially it was reported as Red, Black or Cyan.
In fact I've seen pics with all three colors and it wasn't with the wireless shells.
I don't care about wireless charging so buying a Cyan or the even more rare RED charging shell didn't interest me...we'll see...

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
If I ever get one I'll let everyone know if it's any good. I was disappointed to find out that
T Mobile only offered the 810 in black when initially it was reported as Red, Black or Cyan.
In fact I've seen pics with all three colors and it wasn't with the wireless shells.
I don't care about wireless charging so buying a Cyan or the even more rare RED charging shell didn't interest me...we'll see...

Just do it :wink:

Yeah let us know please.

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Ask your friend if she'd buy all they had, lol, I'm sure you could sell them without too much trouble. I personally would be seriously interested in acquiring both a Cyan and a Red non-Qi shell. Actually, I'd buy 2 of each as my in-laws have 810's as well. Damn shame Nokia/TMo have made these so frustratingly hard to come by.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Ask your friend if she'd buy all they had, lol, I'm sure you could sell them without too much trouble. I personally would be seriously interested in acquiring both a Cyan and a Red non-Qi shell. Actually, I'd buy 2 of each as my in-laws have 810's as well. Damn shame Nokia/TMo have made these so frustratingly hard to come by.

I'll ask but she's traveling light from there to Thailand, India, and beyond, so I doubt that she'll want to carry anything,
and she said that she was TOLD that RED is available she didn't see one in RED. :wink:

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

... just checked my email, Peggy said the one cost her about $28.US and that is without mailing to me which she said maybe $4. from Singapore
you can get a Cyan w/ Qi pad on eBay for $30. shipped who would want to pay more than that for a regular batter back door in Cyan or Red ?

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
... just checked my email, Peggy said the one cost her about $28.US and that is without mailing to me which she said maybe $4. from Singapore
you can get a Cyan w/ Qi pad on eBay for $30. shipped who would want to pay more than that for a regular batter back door in Cyan or Red ?

I suppose not many would pay $32 for the Cyan w/o Qi unless they're super finicky about thickness, but I'd probably consider it for the Red one since a Qi version of that has been super difficult to score (although not impossible I guess as seen here More Nokia Lumia 810 Colors | Pocketnow )

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I suppose not many would pay $32 for the Cyan w/o Qi unless they're super finicky about thickness, but I'd probably consider it for the Red one since a Qi version of that has been super difficult to score (although not impossible I guess as seen here More Nokia Lumia 810 Colors | Pocketnow )

I would like a battery door in RED or Cyan that way I could just add on of those hard skin covers that covers up just part of the phone leaving the ends exposed, the main thing is it protruded just a few mm beyond the display so setting you phone on it's face doesn't scratch the glass. With a Qi back cover there is maybe one case that will fit over it and that will make the phone quite large and bulky. I'd like a red or cyan phone with a least partial protection without added bulk.

I could get dozens of RED Qi wireless backs but I'd have to sell them for $45. ea to make it worth it to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077