sd card / music player issues

adg5

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I recently got a 32 gb sd card for my phone. After experiencing some of the track duplication that others have had I reformatted the card and installed the music from scratch. No more duplicates however after a few days I noticed that some music tracks are missing. They were there after I installed them and I listened to them but today they are gone. Seems to be the first song from most albums gets deleted. Anyone else experience this or have a solution other than wait for another Microsoft update?

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
As someone that has now gone through the ringer with tech support from Nokia and SanDisk/Patriot/Kingston about an issue with Nokia Music - I am going to start with the questions there...

Have you downloaded or used Nokia Music on the device? Is your card a UHS-1 card or just a normal Class 6 or Class 10 card? And finally, what program did you drop the music on to the card with?

What I have figured out is the following:

1) Downloading/Using Nokia Music screwed up my card - not only for music, but also for photos/video. The problem begins with the phone freezing when taking an image. It then has the SD Card Error message pop up immediately on reboot.

2) When transferring music, you must go into storage, remove the SD card and insert it into the computer - UNLESS you are using Windows Media Player in Win 7 or Windows Phone App for desktop in Win 8...

3) You cannot sync to more than one computer or the card gets really confused - don't try and sync to your desktop and then try and sync that to a laptop later. It will dupe the tracks an create all sorts of issues with album art.

4) Once there is an error on the card, simply repairing it in the PC will not fix the issue in the phone. It will temporarily, but not long term.

5) The type of card is also very important - make sure that the card itself isn't a defective card out of the box. Write errors are easy when the card isn't working right to start with.

I'm sure I'll have more soon as we continue to play with more scenarios on this one, but for now, that's what we've figured out.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
This is just BS we shouldn't have to spend all this time with these convoluted methods just to get download music on a WP8.
It's really shameful how MS has in actuality ignored this issue, to think that we need to go to all this trouble http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...s/222709-windows-phone-music-tips-tricks.html
just to get music files from doubling and at times disappearing ?
Supporting these methods just delays the fix. On MS forums the fix was promised "with GDR2" then again "with GDR3"
WPC should post an OPT ED like those in the NY Times or WSJ and demand a fix, but me thinks those who could, are afraid of upsetting MS so they don't.

adg5

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
It is a SanDisk uhs-1 32 GB. I tried to reformat and put the music back on. My phone wouldn't read the card anymore. It put all the music under other instead of music. Fed up I reset my phone and now I lost my amber update and my phone says its up to date. Card seems to be working but I lost all the features of the amber update. Starting to get mad at Nokia and Microsoft.

adg5

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Update: used sysapp pusher and was able to restore my settings. We'll see how long the card works before something happens but I'm crossing my fingers.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Good luck... I'm on another new card from SanDisk right now... No corruptions at all, but I'm not putting Nokia Music on my 810 this time. We will see if that eliminates the issue.

KPF

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
The only way that I sucessfully avoid the duplicate problem is to take out the SD card everytime and transfer the songs to my computer. If there's duplicates already, enable view hidden files and operating system files in windows, then delete the WPSettings folder. If you delete that folder, the music gets reindexed.

MP3s also have a small chance of displaying giberish instead of album titles. AAC in m4a haven't failed me yet.

wildsdi

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I have a 32 GB Sandisk Micro SD card. After DP 8.1 it was not being recognized in my Lumia 525.I had forgotten to remove my SD card during the update. Now it is not being recognized in any device. I have tried in a SD card reader, Samsung Galaxy Pop, Lumia 520, Nolia 2700, Nokia 6630 and Nokia 5800.
I had a similar issue in the same SD card on Samsung Galaxy Pop, when I removed the SD card without dismounting it. It was locked to that device. I don't remember how I got it working again. I think I just put it in the same device and it started working again.
I have restored my Lumia 525 back to WP8, but it is still not recognizing my SD card.
Please help.

Michelle Wyatt

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
My windows 8 phone is totally rubbish

I got a 64 gb card & all the music I put on it isnt recognised by the fabulous xbox music app which says I have NO music on my phone...even though Ive filled it with MP3 files. I guess it only recognises mp4 files which windows 8 for Pc cannot create because that sucks too. My windows 8 pc can only play create & recognise mp3 files. Now my sd card has 1 gb of files that it cannot explain on it because the windows phone cant even list files its so useless the whole situation. its all to force you to use Spotify so you are guzzling up your contract limits of how many mb you can upload per month

Everything is blocked by microsoft in order to control people and inhibit what used to be very flexible software. Now you HAVE to use xbox etc its stupid

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12