Unlocking via cellunlocker

Coan

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone got an unlock for the 810 off cellunlocker recently? Just wondering what other peoples times have been like since i'm at the 10 (business) day mark and still waiting...

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
@PB_H What about those that purchased the phone outright?

@Coan T-Mobile has been much slower about giving them codes for any T-Mobile devices as many people are buying them under the payment plan and then defaulting on the payment and selling them. I've know about a dozen people that got toasted with a $350 paperweight off Craigslist. Ever since they started locking the network to 'stolen and insurance claimed devices' third party sites have been much slower at getting codes.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
@PB_H What about those that purchased the phone outright?

@Coan T-Mobile has been much slower about giving them codes for any T-Mobile devices as many people are buying them under the payment plan and then defaulting on the payment and selling them. I've know about a dozen people that got toasted with a $350 paperweight off Craigslist. Ever since they started locking the network to 'stolen and insurance claimed devices' third party sites have been much slower at getting codes.

Fully paid for includes purchased the phone outright, if you've defaulted they won't obviously
-and it doesn't mean they will do it and you can't be on their pre-paid plan.
I am in contract for another 18 months I bought my phone thru Best Buy Mobile Solutions/eBay for $99.
I initially had to pay $60. a month for two years for the $50. unlimited T&T and unlimited data ( high speed but only 500MB worth) so they could get
some of that money back -$240. worth but when I called up and asked for an unlock code and being a customer for
7 years they said sure and can we offer to reduce you monthly bill to $50. ? Yes of course what's the catch ? there were none.
There are stipulations you'll need to be a long time customer and own the phone outright that I know -Call and ask.

Coan

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Ask T Mobile to do it, if your phone is fully paid for and you're a customer in good standing they should.
They wouldn't do it without the phone being under my tmo account for 3 months (i'm prepaid with tmo since I use them when I travel). They were my first resort. This is a phone off what seems to be a reputable seller off ebay, but I'm kinda paying the price for not buying unlocked. Tmo didn't mention anything about the IMEI being an issue when I provided it to them when I asked them about the unlock initially (you'd think it would raise some red flags when they checked).

contacted cellunlocker at the 10 day mark and they said it'd be under a rush...that was earlier this week, i'm still waiting...

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
They wouldn't do it without the phone being under my tmo account for 3 months (i'm prepaid with tmo since I use them when I travel). They were my first resort. This is a phone off what seems to be a reputable seller off ebay, but I'm kinda paying the price for not buying unlocked. Tmo didn't mention anything about the IMEI being an issue when I provided it to them when I asked them about the unlock initially (you'd think it would raise some red flags when they checked).

contacted cellunlocker at the 10 day mark and they said it'd be under a rush...that was earlier this week, i'm still waiting...

Under contract is expected, why should they unlock your phone and you just leave TM ( the possibility) -: because they just wanna be nice ? :wink:

Good luck.

Coan

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Under contract is expected, why should they unlock your phone and you just leave TM ( the possibility) -: because they just wanna be nice ? :wink:

Good luck.

I'm not under any sort of contract. I am pay by day prepaid. Pay By The Day Cell Phone Plans | Prepaid Plans | T-Mobile I did not get my phone directly via Tmo, I do not have a contract for service of any sort.

That said, I've already contacted T-Mo, they said no, I have already paid my money to cellunlocker, hence the question in the OP. So far the closest thing to an answer to my question is that Tmo is screwing around unlock sites because customers are screwing them and I get to sit and wait because of it.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm not under any sort of contract. I am pay by day prepaid. Pay By The Day Cell Phone Plans | Prepaid Plans | T-Mobile I did not get my phone directly via Tmo, I do not have a contract for service of any sort.

That said, I've already contacted T-Mo, they said no, I have already paid my money to cellunlocker, hence the question in the OP. So far the closest thing to an answer to my question is that Tmo is screwing around unlock sites because customers are screwing them and I get to sit and wait because of it.

I know that you are pre paid and I know TM won't unlock a phone unless you are under a contract and TM doesn't stop,
give or sell unlock codes to those 3rd party sites, so they aren't screwing with them, they'd find a way to unlock a TM phone if
TM sold enough of them for it to be profitable for the 3rd party unlock sites.

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 810 in the UK and need it to be unlocked. I have no T-Mobile account and have never been a customer, I tried chatting to them online and they said they couldn't unlock it for me. Any suggestions for what I should do? I tried byimei.com and they couldn't find a code for me.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a Lumia 810 in the UK and need it to be unlocked. I have no T-Mobile account and have never been a customer, I tried chatting to them online and they said they couldn't unlock it for me. Any suggestions for what I should do? I tried byimei.com and they couldn't find a code for me.
#1 google & find a dozen unlock providers and ask if the can. #2 sell it in the US on eBay and by one that is unlocked

Coan

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people recommend cell unlocker, though, I will say I only got my code last night after requesting it on oct 8th. I'm not sure if any other site could do better, but if you don't mind the wait...they should be able to do it.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
@PB_H - It's actually easier to unlock a prepaid device on T-Mobile than an postpaid device. Prepaid devices must have had $50 in refills loaded on to them. Postpaid users must be current on their bill for the last 18 months - not had more than 2 unlock codes in the last 12 months - and must be on the device for more than 40 days.

SIM Unlock your phone | T-Mobile Support

The points you put up say nothing about those that purchased the device at full retail. If you do not have a T-Mobile account, they will not unlock the phone. For example, if you purchased your 810 for $500 and took it to Straight Talk or Spot Mobile, you cannot get an unlock code from T-Mo... Unless they are really nice to you...

@Coan They just changed their terms again on unlocking. Try again if you are on the Monthly 4G plan. After a $50 refill, you should be OK to get the unlock code - see the link above for confirmation on that.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Every one should know if you don't have a TM account of some sort or a relationship with T Mobile TM won't unlock your phone, I didn't mention every scenario
because I ASSUMED (incorrectly) the people would know that a phone, an 810 or whatever wouldn't get support from a carrier just because,
they (ie TM) at one time sold it. Why would anyone think that ? but obviously people think that they might or bring it up as a possibility.
I guess it's important to state the obvious :wink:

waazzupppp you're only reading what I wrote in reply to you I guess and not everything

Under contract is expected, why should they unlock your phone and you just leave TM ( the possibility) -: because they just wanna be nice ?

Good luck.

and I wrote
Ask T Mobile to do it, if your phone is fully paid* for and you're a customer in good standing they should(not they will)

*And "FULLY PAID" includes every option including buying it outright, if you buy it outright it obviously fully paid for and if you're a customer in good standing that also says that you have to be a TM customer/and or have an account, how could you be a TM customer in good standing unless you are?

Last edited:

chaand farish

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyone got an unlock for the 810 off cellunlocker recently? Just wondering what other peoples times have been like since i'm at the 10 (business) day mark and still waiting...

Hi,

I didn't used cellunlocker before . But, i have unlocking experience with another online service provider OnlineGSMUnlock.com . Here, i got unlocked my Nokia lumia 810 from carrier lock by using unlock code . Now, my mobile works with other GSM sim cards .

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Fully paid for includes purchased the phone outright, if you've defaulted they won't obviously
-and it doesn't mean they will do it and you can't be on their pre-paid plan.
I am in contract for another 18 months I bought my phone thru Best Buy Mobile Solutions/eBay for $99.
I initially had to pay $60. a month for two years for the $50. unlimited T&T and unlimited data ( high speed but only 500MB worth) so they could get
some of that money back -$240. worth but when I called up and asked for an unlock code and being a customer for
7 years they said sure and can we offer to reduce you monthly bill to $50. ? Yes of course what's the catch ? there were none.
There are stipulations you'll need to be a long time customer and own the phone outright that I know -Call and ask.

actually you can do it on their prepaid phones, you have to be a subscriber for 40 days. They enforce this right down to the letter... I have been a T-Mobile customer for 8 years now and I was not able to unlock my wife's Lumia 521 until she had the phone on the account for 40 days. I called on the 41st day and received the unlock code in 2 days time via e-mail. In their denial e-mail it clearly states that you have to be a subscriber for 40 days. This is for customers that have been in good standing for 3+ months...

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Of all the US carriers, TM is the most flexible on unlocking. Two months ago I had both a Nokia E 73 pseudo-Blackberry and WP 810 that I wanted to unlock. Mostly because I intended to switch to MetroPCS. I made the call to TM, the woman told me that I can do only one unlock per call. I told her that all I have to do is slip the SIM from my active account phone to the other and there we are. She agreed, and within 48 hours I had unlock codes and procedures for both phones. Both unlocked perfectly, although the WP required a non-TM SIM card. Symbian vs. WP OS procedures.

Oh, yes, I was on TM 30 day prepaid. Shouldn't be an issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster