hi everyone,

as the thread title implies, is it possible to use the Nokia Lumia 810 on the T-Mobile $30 plan (unlimited text, data, 100 min talk)? anyone here currently doing this? any information would greatly appreciated, thx.
    10-22-2013 08:15 PM
    hi everyone,

as the thread title implies, is it possible to use the Nokia Lumia 810 on the T-Mobile $30 plan (unlimited text, data, 100 min talk)? anyone here currently doing this? any information would greatly appreciated, thx.
    Give them a call ? that would be the fastest and most accurate answer to your question. T Mobile has a lot of particulars so you need to call 611.
    I know some who have the 810 and are paying $60. a month for unlimited T & T w/500 MB (high speed) unlimited data and some -like me- are only paying $50. call.
    10-22-2013 08:48 PM
    I'm on that plan, with an 810. Now I did buy my phone outright from Microsoft, but all I did was go to a T-Mobile store and ask for a new sim (my old sim was to big) and put it the 810 and I was good to go.

Now there are months where I wish I had more minutes, but that's why I always keep some extra money in the account for months that I go over.
    sabas1 likes this.
    10-22-2013 10:22 PM
    I'm on that plan, with an 810. Now I did buy my phone outright from Microsoft, but all I did was go to a T-Mobile store and ask for a new sim (my old sim was to big) and put it the 810 and I was good to go.

Now there are months where I wish I had more minutes, but that's why I always keep some extra money in the account for months that I go over.
    AWWWWW, thank you so much for the reply. you don't know what a breath of fresh air it is to hear you say this. been searching all over the net trying to get a clear and concise answer for this question. thank you so much x100 Guzzler3!!!
    10-22-2013 10:33 PM
    Yea, you can use it on that plan. I had one, but currently use my 8x on that plan. I also get unlimited minutes buy adding a monthly Skype plan ($10) for unlimited calling and my own #. So I just forward all my calls to Skype.
    sabas1 likes this.
    10-22-2013 10:36 PM
    also Guzzler3, if you go over your 100 minutes do they just charge you the overage or will they stop you from making calls until you add more minutes? i ask this because i'm on virgin mobile at the moment and they completely stop you from making or receiving any calls after using all your minutes (which is nice because you can't accidentally get charged when your minutes are up).
    10-22-2013 10:42 PM
    AWWWWW, thank you so much for the reply. you don't know what a breath of fresh air it is to hear you say this. been searching all over the net trying to get a clear and concise answer for this question. thank you so much x100 Guzzler3!!!
    Curious why not just call them you would have found it in 3 min. Glad you found out but a lot of effort when one phone call would have done it.
    10-22-2013 10:48 PM
    Yea, you can use it on that plan. I had one, but currently use my 8x on that plan. I also get unlimited minutes buy adding a monthly Skype plan ($10) for unlimited calling and my own #. So I just forward all my calls to Skype.
    yeah i heard about that skype workaround, sounds like a great idea. is it a smooth and easy process to set up (i've never even used skype before so i know nothing of it)? and thank you for your reply, this is a big sigh of relief. now i can finally go out and buy the phone already. oh and btw Microsoftjunkie, how did you like the lumia 810?
    10-22-2013 10:49 PM
    Curious why not just call them you would have found it in 3 min. Glad you found out but a lot of effort when one phone call would have done it.
    because i read a lot of post from people who did exactly that and got very unclear answers from inept customer service reps (some said yes/no, others were unsure). i wanted a definitive answer from someone who actually tried this with this specific phone.
    10-22-2013 10:57 PM
    because i read a lot of post from people who did exactly that and got very unclear answers from inept customer service reps (some said yes/no, others were unsure). i wanted a definitive answer from someone who actually tried this with this specific phone.
    Ok but there is a criteria that T Mobile sets and they still have the final say, lots of people saying that TM
    is inept is often not true as it is as it is "maybe" true. MOST people
    don't ask the right questions so they get vague answers.
    Definitive for one persons experience is only their experience, it's rarely universally true. Good luck tho'
    10-23-2013 12:24 AM
    Remember.... It's not what you say, but HOW you say it.. You need to ask the right questions to get the answers you want....
    10-23-2013 12:57 AM
    I got it on $30 - bought Spare phone for $3 - unlimited google voice calls with a free phone number no need for skype.
    10-23-2013 01:31 AM
    also Guzzler3, if you go over your 100 minutes do they just charge you the overage or will they stop you from making calls until you add more minutes? i ask this because i'm on virgin mobile at the moment and they completely stop you from making or receiving any calls after using all your minutes (which is nice because you can't accidentally get charged when your minutes are up).
    If I remember, the first time I went over 100 min, it beeped and stopped all calls till I added $10 (the minimum you can add). Since then I've always maintained some extra.$ in my account. The nice part is the money just sits till it gets used up, it doesn't go away if you don't go over the 100 minutes, but there is a time limit of a year (I think).

One thing I have to say about the T-Mobile app, sometimes if you are connected via Wi-Fi, you have to enter your phone number and password to see your balance information. But if you turn off Wi-Fi (or not connected) you can open the app and it just logs in automagicly for you.

I am worried that T-Mobile will drop the $30 plan. There has been posts say they are dropping 'grandfathered' plans (older than the $30 plan). But so far they haven't sent out notices to us on the $30 plan, so I'm just waiting to see if they eventually do.
    sabas1 likes this.
    10-23-2013 09:33 AM
    yeah i heard about that skype workaround, sounds like a great idea. is it a smooth and easy process to set up (i've never even used skype before so i know nothing of it)? and thank you for your reply, this is a big sigh of relief. now i can finally go out and buy the phone already. oh and btw Microsoftjunkie, how did you like the lumia 810?
    To tell the truth, I loved the phone. It was just as smooth as any other wp8 device. I loved the shape and feel. The camera was good enough and every worked right. I loved that you can change the shells and even mod the cover for wireless charging (saw a vid). You'll be happy, but I eventually wanted a more crisp screen. I still have a unused 810 case here (its a body glove 3in 1.

The process is pretty simple to me. You have forwarding in your settings, and you would just turn that on with the number you get from Skype monthly plans. I don't get alot of calls but more than that 100 mins. I went with that plan because of the data. I can't find that much data for an inexpensive price, so I found a workaround and it works ok for me.
    sabas1 likes this.
    10-23-2013 10:08 AM
    Yes it is. I have one on that plan. No problems whatsoever. I've had it since the day it came out under this $30 plan, 100 min. talk, unlimited text and data.
    sabas1 likes this.
    10-23-2013 11:05 PM
    To tell the truth, I loved the phone. It was just as smooth as any other wp8 device. I loved the shape and feel. The camera was good enough and every worked right. I loved that you can change the shells and even mod the cover for wireless charging (saw a vid). You'll be happy, but I eventually wanted a more crisp screen. I still have a unused 810 case here (its a body glove 3in 1.

The process is pretty simple to me. You have forwarding in your settings, and you would just turn that on with the number you get from Skype monthly plans. I don't get alot of calls but more than that 100 mins. I went with that plan because of the data. I can't find that much data for an inexpensive price, so I found a workaround and it works ok for me.
    Or you can just do it for free with google voice and Spare Phone....
    10-25-2013 03:09 AM