I currently own a Nokia Lumia 521 and am considering the purchase of an 810 for the better camera and compass etc. One of the problems I have with my 521 is that there is no way to change the volume of the alarm clock. I use a song for my ringtone (dropped into the ringtones folder on the internal storage) and the volume is always too quiet no matter what the phone volume is set to. Is the alarm clock volume on the 810 controlled by the overall phone volume or is it a constant volume? Thanks for your replies.
    12-11-2013 10:27 PM
    I currently own a Nokia Lumia 521 and am considering the purchase of an 810 for the better camera and compass etc. One of the problems I have with my 521 is that there is no way to change the volume of the alarm clock. I use a song for my ringtone (dropped into the ringtones folder on the internal storage) and the volume is always too quiet no matter what the phone volume is set to. Is the alarm clock volume on the 810 controlled by the overall phone volume or is it a constant volume? Thanks for your replies.
    Since i got my Lumia 800, i'm having trouble waking up. i don't know whats with the alarm exactly. i just wake up late with the screen giving me the snooze/ dismiss options. while the phone isn't making a sound.

This issue continued with my 720 and my 920. i have 4 alarms starting from 7:20 till 7:45, and the 7:45 is set to the cats sound, and it freaks the hell out of me, so i wake up.

Tried different apps, didn't like any. The alarm stops ringing if you don't snooze/ dismiss it within 5 minutes or smth (i don't actually know how long) but i don't think it should stop at all for at least an hour! or two!
    12-12-2013 12:09 AM
    Well part of the problem might be that you're using a song as an alarm sound.

Windows Phone alarms get progressively louder each time they trigger, so they're better served with shorter sounds, not songs.

The alternative is to use something like mp3gain to up the volume level of the song itself and put it back on the phone.
    12-12-2013 03:03 PM
    Yeah, I bitched about this some months ago. Unlike back when I was in business and traveling, I'd be very afraid to rely on this phone to get an audible alarm when I need it. No problem on a long line of Symbian Nokia's.

The loudest alarm tone I found was "alarm 6", YMMV. And, of course, try to remember to set the regular audio volume up as high as possible. This "feature" of resetting volume back to some inaudible level is beyond annoying. I can't count the number of times that I rebooted or swapped the battery, and Nokia in its infinite lawerly wisdom resets the volume so they don't get sued for rupturing my ear drums. Then calls are missed.

I even bought a little mini stereo speaker setup on eBarf for about $5 to travel with for both music and an alarm that will actually work.
    12-15-2013 04:18 PM
    my phone (810) starts soft and gets louder. I usually wake up on the first sounding of the alarm....
    12-18-2013 07:47 PM