Mix Radio Dropping Audio...

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I have been working with @nokiacareus and @nokiamixradio to try and figure out what the issue is with Nokia Mix Radio on my Lumia 810. Here's what happens when I start to play Mix Radio...

The music plays sometimes for a song, plus - or sometimes for 10 seconds. The song then continues to "play" without any sound. When the next track comes on, it starts out playing again and then drops. I shot a quick video of it to show the issue. The first drop is a few seconds into the first song... Then it plays fine after I forward to the next track until the 3:14 mark in the video... Then it drops again... The next song plays a few seconds and drops again.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=DDCDDEDF4BD645BA!8167

Hopefully that shows the situation well enough for everyone...

Now, here's my question - can I get a few of you with 810's to try and replicate the issue? I might be the only one on the planet that experiences this audio drop, in which case I don't want Nokia spending too much time on it. If it is a problem with the 810, the Nokia Devs need to know so they can either yank the compatibility with the 810 or figure out what needs to be updated to make it work.

The last step for me is sending the otherwise perfectly working device into Nokia for service - which I don't believe will help the issue - but that's next on the list.

Nokia Mix Radio link: Nokia MixRadio | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Thanks in advanced for trying this out and posting your findings!

Ron

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Have you thought about resetting the phone then re-applying the Amber update and all additional updates again and see if that will remedy your situation? Sure it will be a pain to restore contacts, e-mail etc... But I'm sure spending 1-2 hours is better than sending your phone for service for x amount of time.

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Yep, unfortunately I have been through the ringer with NMR and Nokia and Nokia Care... I think I just have something wonky in my phone. Not sure that it would be worth sending back to them for such a minor annoyance as I'm hoping to have something newer soon. Anyways, Thanks for the input and I'll let you know if anything else comes out of it!

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Awesome... Thanks for trying it out guys... It has been determined that I, in fact, do own a possessed Lumia 810. I am hoping that the Mix Radio team decides that they want it to find out why it does what it does... If not, it is a lovely paperweight at the moment as I have a new 925. And for those knocking the 925, yes, the internal storage takes a bit more management, but it sure is nice being able to exceed 3GB of Apps!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel