Capacitive buttons turn on while charging but screen doesn't :( HELP (NL 810)

Nestor Mier

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
The other day I put my Nokia Lumia 810 to charge with my friends charger. About 4 hours later I went to pick it up, it was 5:30pm but the time on my Glance screen was frozen at 3:40pm :crying: I took out the battery and my phone hasn't turned on since.

now when I put it to charge only the capacitive buttons turn on. nothing else. I'm depressed :cry:

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
The other day I put my Nokia Lumia 810 to charge with my friends charger. About 4 hours later I went to pick it up, it was 5:30pm but the time on my Glance screen was frozen at 3:40pm :crying: I took out the battery and my phone hasn't turned on since.

now when I put it to charge only the capacitive buttons turn on. nothing else. I'm depressed :cry:

try a new battery, the charger might be faulty. Go to nokia, and ask them to check with a new battery, they have a few spare pieces.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone is charger sensitive. My Lumia 521, LG Quantum (and the WP-Wannabe of the MS KIN) all have given issues when using certain chargers. However, i removed them immediately, whilst you did not. You left it in for 4 hours, and as such i hope your phone is ok still, but based on the sporadic behavior my WP's have experienced with some chargers, i wouldn't be too positive.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone is charger sensitive. My Lumia 521, LG Quantum (and the WP-Wannabe of the MS KIN) all have given issues when using certain chargers. However, i removed them immediately, whilst you did not. You left it in for 4 hours, and as such i hope your phone is ok still, but based on the sporadic behavior my WP's have experienced with some chargers, i wouldn't be too positive.

It doesn't matter if you leave the phone charging for 4 or more hours,
I charge mine at night and that's a 7-8 hrs. charge and I've been doing that since May 2013 when I bought it.
It won't "over charge" it stops charging when it's at full charged. It's a Li-ion battery and they don't have a "memory" issue.
I've been using an old Samsung AC plug in charger because it's more compact that the OE one and the male part of the micro B USB is much easier to fit to my 810 than the OE Nokia, it's about (I'm guessing) 0.01 mm smaller than the OE (way less than the thickness of a piece of paper smaller) and it fits in the phone much easier with 0 issues.

Last edited:

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't matter if you leave the phone charging for 4 or more hours,
I charge mine at night and that's a 7-8 hrs. charge and I've been doing that since May 2013 when I bought it.
It won't "over charge" it stops charging when it's at fully charged. It's a Li-ion battery and they don't have a "memory" issue.

I never said it would "overcharge". You misunderstand me. Some chargers are not functional with Windows Phone devices and immediately cause the device to behave sporadically (randomly launching apps, scrolling, becoming non-responsive, etc...), and if the device were to be left long enough on such an improper charger, logic would dictate that permanent damage would be done.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I never said it would "overcharge". You misunderstand me. Some chargers are not functional with Windows Phone devices and immediately cause the device to behave sporadically (randomly launching apps, scrolling, becoming non-responsive, etc...), and if the device were to be left long enough on such an improper charger, logic would dictate that permanent damage would be done.

OK, but I've never had an issue with a different AC charger ( from a Samsung, MOTO et al. ) when I used them for my 810, some charge faster than others but other than that, how are chargers so different that the can screw up a phone ?

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
OK, but I've never had an issue with a different AC charger ( from a Samsung, MOTO et al. ) when I used them for my 810, some charge faster than others but other than that, how are chargers so different that the can screw up a phone ?

Not quite sure, since I'm neither an electronics engineer nor an electrician, but some generic chargers (especially cheap ones made in china) seem to cause problems. I have one that if my 521 i have lying around gets plugged into, it will start opening software, rearranging tiles, scrolling, turning on and off, and even freezing till i soft reset. My old KIN does the same thing, and so does my LG Quantum, and I'm not taking a chance with my 810.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo