The other day I put my Nokia Lumia 810 to charge with my friends charger. About 4 hours later I went to pick it up, it was 5:30pm but the time on my Glance screen was frozen at 3:40pm I took out the battery and my phone hasn't turned on since.

now when I put it to charge only the capacitive buttons turn on. nothing else. I'm depressed
    03-27-2014 10:43 PM
    The other day I put my Nokia Lumia 810 to charge with my friends charger. About 4 hours later I went to pick it up, it was 5:30pm but the time on my Glance screen was frozen at 3:40pm I took out the battery and my phone hasn't turned on since.

now when I put it to charge only the capacitive buttons turn on. nothing else. I'm depressed
    try a new battery, the charger might be faulty. Go to nokia, and ask them to check with a new battery, they have a few spare pieces.
    03-27-2014 10:54 PM
    try a new battery, the charger might be faulty. Go to nokia, and ask them to check with a new battery, they have a few spare pieces.
    Thank you, I definitely hope its the battery
    03-29-2014 12:28 AM
    Windows Phone is charger sensitive. My Lumia 521, LG Quantum (and the WP-Wannabe of the MS KIN) all have given issues when using certain chargers. However, i removed them immediately, whilst you did not. You left it in for 4 hours, and as such i hope your phone is ok still, but based on the sporadic behavior my WP's have experienced with some chargers, i wouldn't be too positive.
    04-09-2014 10:19 PM
    Windows Phone is charger sensitive. My Lumia 521, LG Quantum (and the WP-Wannabe of the MS KIN) all have given issues when using certain chargers. However, i removed them immediately, whilst you did not. You left it in for 4 hours, and as such i hope your phone is ok still, but based on the sporadic behavior my WP's have experienced with some chargers, i wouldn't be too positive.
    It doesn't matter if you leave the phone charging for 4 or more hours,
    I charge mine at night and that's a 7-8 hrs. charge and I've been doing that since May 2013 when I bought it.
    It won't "over charge" it stops charging when it's at full charged. It's a Li-ion battery and they don't have a "memory" issue.
    I've been using an old Samsung AC plug in charger because it's more compact that the OE one and the male part of the micro B USB is much easier to fit to my 810 than the OE Nokia, it's about (I'm guessing) 0.01 mm smaller than the OE (way less than the thickness of a piece of paper smaller) and it fits in the phone much easier with 0 issues.
    Last edited by Mr Lebowski; 04-14-2014 at 05:45 PM.
    04-13-2014 11:53 PM
    Try a soft reset...volume down + power button for 3-5 seconds
    04-14-2014 12:03 AM
    Try a soft reset...volume down + power button for 3-5 seconds
    is it a ultimate solution for every problem in the world ?
    04-14-2014 12:18 AM
    is it a ultimate solution for every problem in the world ?
    Not really but it does help if the phone is stuck and does not boot, has worked for me so thought of throwing it out there
    04-14-2014 12:29 AM
    It doesn't matter if you leave the phone charging for 4 or more hours,
    I charge mine at night and that's a 7-8 hrs. charge and I've been doing that since May 2013 when I bought it.
    It won't "over charge" it stops charging when it's at fully charged. It's a Li-ion battery and they don't have a "memory" issue.
    I never said it would "overcharge". You misunderstand me. Some chargers are not functional with Windows Phone devices and immediately cause the device to behave sporadically (randomly launching apps, scrolling, becoming non-responsive, etc...), and if the device were to be left long enough on such an improper charger, logic would dictate that permanent damage would be done.
    04-14-2014 01:08 PM
    I never said it would "overcharge". You misunderstand me. Some chargers are not functional with Windows Phone devices and immediately cause the device to behave sporadically (randomly launching apps, scrolling, becoming non-responsive, etc...), and if the device were to be left long enough on such an improper charger, logic would dictate that permanent damage would be done.
    OK, but I've never had an issue with a different AC charger ( from a Samsung, MOTO et al. ) when I used them for my 810, some charge faster than others but other than that, how are chargers so different that the can screw up a phone ?
    04-14-2014 05:49 PM
    OK, but I've never had an issue with a different AC charger ( from a Samsung, MOTO et al. ) when I used them for my 810, some charge faster than others but other than that, how are chargers so different that the can screw up a phone ?
    Not quite sure, since I'm neither an electronics engineer nor an electrician, but some generic chargers (especially cheap ones made in china) seem to cause problems. I have one that if my 521 i have lying around gets plugged into, it will start opening software, rearranging tiles, scrolling, turning on and off, and even freezing till i soft reset. My old KIN does the same thing, and so does my LG Quantum, and I'm not taking a chance with my 810.
    04-14-2014 07:50 PM
    They are ALL made in China cheap or not.
    04-15-2014 02:02 AM