Goodbye 810

froi francisco

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
its been a great ride with lumia 810. i am now moving forward with lumia 1320. passing my 810 to my wife as it is still a great phone to have!. the dev preview on 810 works perfectly. i really wish that t-horrible will upgrade the firmware one last time. still can't think of any reason for them to shut down the support for this phone..it is very disappointing. im worried for those who will get windows phone to t-horrible... you may want to think not twice about it.

Peter Hoffman1

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Aside for no LTE support, the 810 is a solid performer, and with the 8.1 Dev. update one can now run their Apps. from an expandable SD memory card, up to 64 Gigs in the 810..With the higher end Window phones there is no SD card Expansion, one is stuck with a $500 phone that may only have 16 Gigs of total memory..This is the reason Tmobile dropped support for the 810, it was made too good...in a matter of months Microsoft will be in total control of Nokia's production, and by August The newer Lumia's (Mid range devices) will hit the market, these devices will come with quad core CPU's & at least 1 Gig of RAM, 10 MP Camera with LED flash and 4.5 inch Clear black HD display, of course they will lack the bling bling looks that the higher end devices will offer, but will satisfy..I will hold on to and use my 810 until the new Mid range devices come out and I will by one unbranded so Tmobile does not profit from me in that respect, yes I am peaved a bit at Tmobile for dropping support..

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I just passed my 810 on to my nephew this weekend. Figure it's better to have another Windows Phone user out there than just be sitting on more phones. I think the 635 is going to be the gap filler for this one - since I don't see T-Mobile stocking a higher end WP in the future. They sold a ton of the 521's, but the 810 and 925's were pretty soft... That said, for a sub $200 price point the 635 looks great on paper...

4.5" Display - Quad-Core 1.2Ghz processor - 512MB RAM (a bit low) - 8GB internal + 128GB SD capable - 5MP camera

Overall, a great phone for the $150-200 mark without a contract. Sure wish they had brought in the 1320 at $300 though...

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
its been a great ride with lumia 810. i am now moving forward with lumia 1320. passing my 810 to my wife as it is still a great phone to have!. the dev preview on 810 works perfectly. i really wish that t-horrible will upgrade the firmware one last time. still can't think of any reason for them to shut down the support for this phone..it is very disappointing. im worried for those who will get windows phone to t-horrible... you may want to think not twice about it.

Three questions:
1. What variant of 1320 are you using i.e. RM-9XX?
2. Where did you buy it from?
3. For how much?

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Instead of making a new thread, I'd just like to add that I am also saying good-bye to my 810. My family plans to switch to Aio, and I recently picked up an okay 920 to use. I'll be rocking the 810 for another week, but it was great. I'm going to miss the microSD card and data sense, but now I have triple the memory and OTA updates.

Moises Corilloclla

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Count me on those who are saying goodbye Lumia 810. I just got a couple of hours away a Lumia 1520. So far so good, and the screen is, simply, beautiful.
It's been a nice ride, I love my L810 despite a difficult beginning, and sure I will keep it as an emergency device. I am happy that my transition has been smooth.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Instead of making a new thread, I'd just like to add that I am also saying good-bye to my 810. My family plans to switch to Aio, and I recently picked up an okay 920 to use. I'll be rocking the 810 for another week, but it was great. I'm going to miss the microSD card and data sense, but now I have triple the memory and OTA updates.

If you are switching as a matter of monthly cost, and it's not too late, go over to MetroPCS. You buy a new SIM card for $10, your number gets ported, and you are on the TM network at big savings.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
If you are switching as a matter of monthly cost, and it's not too late, go over to MetroPCS. You buy a new SIM card for $10, your number gets ported, and you are on the TM network at big savings.

Our family is switching over from MetroPCS. Although individual plans are the same price at Metro/AIO (Well, the $60 gets unlimited at Metro), the family plans saves a good chunk of change each month. Since my dad and sister planned to upgrade their old phones (3 and 4 years old respectively) we moved over to AIO. No complaints so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro