WP8.1 DP GDR1 & Lumia 810 -- Don't argue, just update already!

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Dude, my phone did the update on it's own this morning. I woke up, checked to see if anything came in during my "quite hours" (nothing) and went about my normal routine (I'm really not a morning person so I'm really slow in the morning). Remembered that today was the day for Update 1 and grabbed my phone to force a check for updates, and low and behold the phone had the spinning gears!!!! Wooo Hooo!!! It was up and running before I left for work.

The first thing I did was to put all my mapping apps into one folder, then my photo apps in their own folder. I've been waiting for clean way to do this since day ONE!!! I'm a happy camper for now ;)

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
My battery is the same as it is when I was in WP8.0 and WP8.1 pre-GDR1. Consumed a lot of battery during the update and a few minutes after but settled after apps are finished installing.
He's asking about battery life post update, if there's any noticeable deterioration or improvement with normal use. If I would guess, to be specific it's about the battery drain when the radios (cell, wifi, BT, gps) are off individually or in airplane mode?

Has anyone done a test yet? I also updated as soon as I could, but haven't gone around to testing it nor have I fully charged it... :p

eddieDOTexe

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I updated my 810 to update 1 before I even fully woke up lol
I tend to wake up in the morning, check my phone, then go back to sleep.
Which I did, and in doing so I saw the article on WPcentral app so I checked and had it do the update while I took my morning nap.
Its been pretty good so far.
Though I have to say this would be much better if we had gotten cyan. Sigh.. I fear eventually without these driver updates some DP update will cripple the device (be it with battery drain or just some driver malfunctioning).

XtiaN710

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been checking my 810 for an update but nothing yet. I've forced it to check after a few hours or so during the day.

Hope I get it today!

XtiaN710

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out. My recent phone factory reset kicked me out of the Developer Preview program. I just reinitiated it and the update is now downloading.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I can say that my battery life improved . I usually charge my phone to 100 % before I sleep . I always leave wifi and data on but Bluetooth off and mail to sync to " as they arrive " I would normally lose 4 pct every night but after the update I lost 2 pct and today I didn't lose any ^.^

suharsh

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
[update]: I was not getting update because somehow was logged out of the preview APP. the update now is in progress!

Thanks.
How do I differentiate between the 8.1 DP version and the official 8.1 release? I am wondering if I got an update and didn't even notice it!
In about it is showing as Windows Phone 8.1 and OS version as 8.10.12359.845

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
[update]: I was not getting update because somehow was logged out of the preview APP. the update now is in progress!

Thanks.
How do I differentiate between the 8.1 DP version and the official 8.1 release? I am wondering if I got an update and didn't even notice it!
In about it is showing as Windows Phone 8.1 and OS version as 8.10.12359.845

You are on DP because the 810 is never getting an official 8.1:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss