Version 14176 of Windows Phone 8.1.1 on your Lumia 810

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Anyone installed this latest update? I am hearing about screen going blank with this update on the 810. Haven't installed it yet. Any brave soul who has done it? Would you like to share your experience, that would help others decide whether to jump in or hold back.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Installed it last night. Still playing around with it, haven't anything to say yet about it. But the phone isn't dead, yet. ;)

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Whoops, ran into my first issue with it.

Here Drive really, REALLY, drains the battery now. So bad, that the phone got warmer than it's ever gotten. Plugging the phone into the car charger, it couldn't keep up with the power drain. Every red light I would check, and the phone said it was on charge, but the voltage kept dropping.

The only apps running were Here Drive, and Xbox music (gotta have tunes while driving).

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Whoops, ran into my first issue with it.

Here Drive really, REALLY, drains the battery now. So bad, that the phone got warmer than it's ever gotten. Plugging the phone into the car charger, it couldn't keep up with the power drain. Every red light I would check, and the phone said it was on charge, but the voltage kept dropping.

The only apps running were Here Drive, and Xbox music (gotta have tunes while driving).

Thanks for the tip. I don't use HERE Drive much so this is going to be a non-issue for me. I did update the phone to the latest version of the OS after the first few posts on this thread.

David Slight

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Well no ..810 with AMBER and 14176 - some important apps crash - CAMERA, NOKIA CAMERA and FLASHLIGHT
Suspect finally some requirement for CYAN?
Anyone else got ideas - would like to take photo's ...
David

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Phone started acting funny last night in the phone department. The apps and messaging have no problem. Calling and receiving seems to be impacted.

JM_T

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Phone started acting funny last night in the phone department. The apps and messaging have no problem. Calling and receiving seems to be impacted.
I've had problems with the screen sensitivity affecting calling and receiving. I experienced several times within the day after I updated that I randomly cannot answer some phone calls, simply because I cannot 'slide up' to answer. There are also times when it would freeze while on lock screen, and no button would work.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Why am I getting a bad feeling that we are going to get really screwed, because the newer versions of the OS is going to be more reliant on newer firmware, and T-Mo won't push out newer firmware.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
My speaker just stopped working suddenly. Speakerphone and playing music do not work. Other functionality seems to be fine. Can't really tell what is going on. I might just start using a backup device...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720