Just came from Aruba vacation last night and 1st thing in the morning I decide to back up the pictures and videos from the trip [ very unusual of me :) ] In this process to open the phone to get memory card out and swap with another one, I messed the usb connection for charging!

I do use this technique when I need a new gadget to get wife's permission :) but this one was an honest mistake.

Can this be fixed? If yes any guidance on how to.

Thanks in advance.
    10-15-2014 12:16 PM
    I don't understand fully, do you mean you disconnected the charging port on accident?
    10-15-2014 12:36 PM
    If so, you should be able to reconnect it easily. If it's ripped, I'm sure you could get a replacement. If nothing else, insurance would cover it if you have it
    10-15-2014 12:37 PM
    Sorry ... what I meant was the mini (or micro usb slot) that you connect to charger - I am no longer being able to insert the charging cable! It goes in but not as tight as it used to before - and of course it is not charging!
    10-15-2014 01:04 PM
    Try to find a wireless charging back.
    11-06-2014 11:55 AM
    Just as an off the wall suggestion: Look for lint stuck in the USB port. Seriously. My 810 wouldn't take a charge or connect via the USB port one day. I thought I had broken it somehow. I decided to look at the port under a magnifying glass and discovered it was full of lint from my pocket.

I removed the battery and started carefully digging out the lint with a wooden toothpick (it's non conductive and relatively soft) while looking through a magnifying glass, and blowing out with some caned air. It took me quite awhile, but I eventually got all the lint out. I tested with a USB cable and it went back to 'clicking' into place.

Put the battery back in, cover back on, powered up, and connected to my laptop via USB and things worked. Including charging!

I went back and did the same thing for the ear phone jack. Whoa!!! Now that thing was COMPLETLY plugged up with pocket lint. I hadn't used ear phones in a long time. It took me longer to dig out all the lint from that jack since it is so much deeper than the USB port. I used an X-Acto knife to make barbs on the toothpick to help dig out that lint.
    11-07-2014 11:49 AM
    If all else fails - including lint removal (try compressed air!) - get a replacement battery and wall charger. Typically both for under $10 on eBay. Pop one battery out, pop the charged one in. Everyone should have a spare battery anyway.
    11-15-2014 08:28 AM