W10 TP on our 810

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Same here but oh well it had a good run and was the phone that I believe had the least amount of problems

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk but I prefer my 810 and 830

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They weren't left out of the Preview for Developers and aren't overly unique, considering it has the 820 and 822 siblings.
I don't think they'll be left out, but I don't expect it to be one of the devices it can be used on until its the turn of the 920, 820 and similarly equipped phones.

Maromi-kun

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone tried it yet? I also read you can get 8.1 Update 2 through TP and opt out of W10.... Hmmm

I went to enroll for TP to get Update 2. I went through Fast Track but instead of Update 2, i was immediately sent to W10. So far in the short timeframe I had it, no performance hits or anything. Just make sure to turn off SIM PIN first if you have it on and you decide to go to W10 (I had a Secure SIM and PIN on and whenever I entered it, phone locks up).

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Moromi-kun,

Out of curiosity, did it update the firmware?

Personally, I'm holding out till they get Office available for W10TP Phone. I use OneNote daily, and I can't live without it. And yep, I'll be living on the wild side of putting the TP on my daily driver :shocked:

Jozef jurcisin

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
W10TP is installed on my Lumia 810. First problem I had with SIM card I had to do hard rest. SIM works well! Glance screen is not working.
So far what I found.

myriad46

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
When I follow the instructions and it brings me to the Windows Insider App on the phone, it says its not available for my phone.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I put win 10 on my 810 since I didn't want to put it on my 830. I'm using my 810 as a daily driver to get a feel of how win 10 is going to be . It works it's a little rough around the edges but it works :)

Maromi-kun

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Moromi-kun,

Out of curiosity, did it update the firmware?

Personally, I'm holding out till they get Office available for W10TP Phone. I use OneNote daily, and I can't live without it. And yep, I'll be living on the wild side of putting the TP on my daily driver :shocked:

Sadly still on Amber. I ended up rolling back due to Office Hub being removed and the state of some of the apps. For those taking the plunge but want to return back to 8.1, use the Lumia Software Recovery Tool instead of the Windows Phone Recovery Tool since WP Tool seems to fail for some reason. I did end up reporting the SIM PIN bug and of course, make sure to report bugs you encounter as well

myriad46

Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
I put win 10 on my 810 since I didn't want to put it on my 830. I'm using my 810 as a daily driver to get a feel of how win 10 is going to be . It works it's a little rough around the edges but it works :)

How are you guys installing WP10? I'm following the directions on the TP website but it's not allowing me to install the app from the store. I'm on 8.0 on t-mobile. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How are you guys installing WP10? I'm following the directions on the TP website but it's not allowing me to install the app from the store. I'm on 8.0 on t-mobile. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm not activated right now, just on wifi. Wonder if that has something to do with it.

I'm thinking it requires 8.1 at least or whatnot first.
I would use the Developer Preview program to bring that phone up to date first. Got a few updates ahead of you!

Required reading before installation of 10:
New Windows 10 Technical Preview build now available for phones

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)